Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anybody know about Green Dragon Kung Fu Tapes???

falconer Guest
    heh. Good old Rick Allen. That is hardly the reason. As far as I know, he just doesn't care for them because a fighting in a tournament is a different animal than combat. I remember when I first joined his school I got a nice long lecture on how we didn't do sport shuai chiao.

He has participated in CMA events. Mostly events in Taiwan, like the big todo for the 10th anniversy of Chang's passing at the police college. And some tournament in Italy a couple years ago. I think its more of an issue with the fact that he's not the world's most social person. It took me almost 3 years before I had figured out if he liked me or just tolerated me because my uncle is his disciple.

If you can't get all the info together by friday, then just send me an email with a generalized idea that I can discuss with him.

[This message was edited by falconer on 02-05-01 at 07:08 PM.]

chessboxer Guest
    Greetings,

I have seen information on who John Allen trained with. Did Chicoine train him as well? From what i have seen in past articles in Inside Kung fu ( from the 80's) he seemed to have a good knowlege of CMA fighting principles. Yes, there is a difference between using a fighting art for sport or for a real situation. In training for combat is there any differences in the training?

Best to you

Comments about Remark on Forum

Hello,

The following remark was brought to my attention and it is a comment that user falconer left in a forum on kungfuonline.com:

“As far as his fighting ability, he actually beat David Lin in a friendly challenge.”

By falconer

My comments:

1) We (the Lin family) have never express opinions about anyone who participate Shuai-Chiao related martial arts regardless of their skill levels.

2) We have never tried to address, what we consider as ‘better’, by comparing ourselves with anyone or to single out anyone.

3) We have totally accepted the fact that anyone could make comments and express their opinions. Therefore, we don’t try to affect other people’s opinions and we simply don’t care who people believe to be the best Master who knows the true art of Shuai-Chiao.

4) I am assuming that Master Chicoine doesn’t know that such remark was made. Please be cautious when you make such remark. The least you could do is to verify the statement and only make such remark with your instructor’s permission.

Futhermore, I have also heard some possible rumors about Chinese Shuai-Chiao instructors being racists. I can’t speak for all Chinese instructors but I could assure you that anyone who knows about the Lin’s family or has been in contact with them would tell you that this is simply not true.

Sincerely,
    -James Lin

chessboxer Guest
    Greetings,

I have heard the name of Jeng Hsing Peng, but i do not know much about him? James Lin, are you a student of David Lin? i remember reading an article about him not too long ago in a MA mag.

Humbly yours
    Johnny

tnwingtsun Guest

I smell another "Fruit Bat"

Ya know,this topic was about green dragon's videos,as far as their Bai Mei set is concerned,its BS,(go learn Bai Mei first)I mean wow,to have so much knowledge on 50(or 2!) or so systems is beyond me,ok,see my post on the Pak Mei tonfa's concerning videos.Ok maybe their motives are to preserve a weapon or hand set,but are they really representing the true essance of the art??If I have 1000 technics to choose from,I've got a pretty big bag of tricks,now if I'm attacked my brain has to realize its being attacked(message delivered)now my brain has to process through those 1000 technics until it chooses the right one.
    Now it has to pick and send the proper response
    to the right part of the body(or parts) in order to survive the first attack.
    This takes time.
    I don't care how fast,strong or smart you are,there is lag time.
    So when I see someone selling my art and many,many others,my BS detector located just to the left of my pu$ rader starts going off...LOUD!!
    If anyones offended,oh well,I just call it like I see it.
    "Don't hate me cuz ya ain't me"

tnwingtsun Guest

UrberShaman

lucky enough to have their phone number???
    You got to be kidding!!
    If they were not doing Bai Mei Sets I'd be silent.
    I'd rather have a root canal as to have their number,matter if fact,I think I've already got their number.

Leimeng Guest
    Having seen lots of their tapes, I conclude that they have a lot of very good material, with lots of value.
    However, they seen to purposely perform the forms in a poor manner to prevent too much information from getting out.
    Their girls seem to be very strong, and they practice hard.
    If a person has sufficient skill in legitimate Kung Fu to begin with, they can pick up a LOT from those tapes though.
    I can only imagine that training at their studio is a lot different in person.
    I am not sure about there filtering Bagua and Hsing I through southern external flavours though...

Peace

yi beng, kan xue

Leimeng Guest
    Having seen lots of their tapes, I conclude that they have a lot of very good material, with lots of value.
    However, they seen to purposely perform the forms in a poor manner to prevent too much information from getting out.
    Their girls seem to be very strong, and they practice hard.
    If a person has sufficient skill in legitimate Kung Fu to begin with, they can pick up a LOT from those tapes though.
    I can only imagine that training at their studio is a lot different in person.
    I am not sure about their filtering Bagua and Hsing I through southern external flavours though...

Peace

yi beng, kan xue

MoQ Guest
    An "experienced" MA can get ideas from anywhere, but this stuff pretends to be something it's NOT, and this group pretends to teach that which they know little or nothing about. Whatever a person picks up, you will put it down later on...

No matter WHO you are, they have some ****genously performed and ignorantly explained handful of forms FROM YOUR STYLE. Call 'em up... ASK a question...see what BS you hear... before you are disconnected.

tnwingtsun Guest
    :D yeppers.........got a dail tone

sui-fuw Guest
    why bother with GREEN DRAGON tapes when you can get "Limp ging"tapes.go and see f.t the "bai-si"he's also a filmstar all over the world.

tnwingtsun Guest
    I already have seen enough,sui-few,where are yours?