Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Bill Jee Article

What do you think is interesting about it Firehawk?

Seemed kinda silly.

But, I bet if you did spend 4 hours a day drilling the biu jee, you would be pretty badass. You would need to sparr tho, and of course test your dim mak on prisoners or bulls or something.
    strike!

Seemed very silly.

I'm as big a martial arts freak as I've met, but I reckon if you trained your biu four hours a day for five years, you could bore somebody to death without having to touch them.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

How would you practice such a technique though? In the air? Or on a wall bag?
    I have a signature.

Prisoners and bulls.
    strike!

Training Biu Jee for extended periods of time... I'll have to work on that when the holidays begin(which isn't very far away from now)

BTW, about the breaking of the boards with your fingers, how would you manage to do that without damaging your fingers? (ie bruising, snapping of your fingers ) I have read that conditioning of your fingers could lead to damaged meridians.

seemed like a bit of hooey to me as well.

i've also heard that striking hard objects with your fingers can lead to blindness, because of meridians and such... but then again ive also heard spanking the monkey can do the same thing
    Travis

structure in motion

Re: Interesting Bill Jee Article

Why that article in particular?

I found these two on the same page better food for thought:

WHO IS THE BEST WING CHUN INSTRUCTOR?
    by John Ho

The Best in the US?
    By Tony Wong

Regards,
    Uber Field Marshall Grendel

Mm Yan Chi Dai---The Cantonese expression Mm Yan Chi Dai, translates to "Misleading other people's children." The idiom is a reference to those teachers who claim an expertise in an art that they do not have and waste the time and treasure of others.

Wing Chun---weaponized Chi (c)

Seems contradictory to me that this article advocates breaking boards with Bil Jee when Mr Clayton's Sigung, William Cheung, says in his book that Bil Jee is not for power striking, and the bend in the wrist is to provide shock absorption so as the fingers are not damaged.

If you have four hours a day to train, I think the time could be put to more constructive use. There are other options to tougening your fingers for striking such as the use of yawara, kubotan, and the like, a renovated version of which William Cheung is now marketing as the "Butterfly Rod" or "BR-103" (the acronym sounds a lot cooler and more high tech, doesn't it!).

As for the dim mak, I have yet to see anything more esoteric than the fairly mundane (albeit effective) results that come from striking anatomical weak points, nerve plexi, etc. There's a quote somewhere on Stickgrappler's site about a famous Chinese wrestler of the last century who fought lots of kung-fu guys in challenge matches and came out undefeated. Lots had the opportunity to dim mak him, none ever did.

by John Ho

The Best in the US?
    By Tony Wong
    As a student of an Australian instructor, I can see why you need both the "Best" and "Best in the US", as the two are not the same
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Originally posted by yenhoi
    Prisoners and bulls.
    Ok...let's assume I don't have some bulls or prisoners just laying around...how else could I train it?
    I have a signature.

Practise it on yourself, and observe what happens?

Re: Re: Interesting Bill Jee Article

Hi Grendel

Originally posted by Grendel

Why that article in particular?

by John Ho

The Best in the US?
    By Tony Wong

Regards,
    What food for thought would you like to discuss about those two articles? I would be game in discussing them. Most of the articals on that page are pretty good. perhaps a new thread would be more proper though.

Tom
    ________
    Avandia class action settlement
    Last edited by tparkerkfo; 04-04-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Re: Re: Re: Interesting Bill Jee Article

Hi Tom,

Originally posted by tparkerkfo
    What food for thought would you like to discuss about those two articles? I would be game in discussing them. Most of the articals on that page are pretty good. perhaps a new thread would be more proper though.
    I found the Bil Jee article to be uninformative. Most of the other articles on the web site have much more substance to discuss.

Don't wait for me to start a new thread.

Regards,
    Uber Field Marshall Grendel

Mm Yan Chi Dai---The Cantonese expression Mm Yan Chi Dai, translates to "Misleading other people's children." The idiom is a reference to those teachers who claim an expertise in an art that they do not have and waste the time and treasure of others.

Wing Chun---weaponized Chi (c)

Originally posted by PHILBERT

Ok...let's assume I don't have some bulls or prisoners just laying around...how else could I train it?
    Well, you have several options. Training partners, your teacher, mom, dad, sisters. brothers, classmates, co-workers, bums, other random people.

You could also maybe steal a bull.

strike!