Thread: CAREERS IN FILMS:stuntman,choreography.....ADVICE....HELP????

CAREERS IN FILMS:stuntman,choreography.....ADVICE....HELP????

hello

when i was young it was kind of a dream to be working behind the scenes of all those hollywood hit films taking part in the martial art sequences....how they are choreographed....how they are shot on camera....the special effects of it all......the techniques and the theory.......yuen-woo ping has done the best of em all

i want to know if there is anyone out there who is a stunt man or involved in the production or choreography of martial art action sequences.......i really want to talk to someone about this......

Mizong_Kid

talk to African Tiger
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Ask these guys and you will get a real answer, or at least a lead...

http://www.stuntmen.com/about/index.shtml

Good luck!

Slightly OT

There's vid too, if you follow the link.
    Updated: 5:59 p.m. Sunday, June 14, 2015 | Posted: 10:12 p.m. Saturday, June 13, 2015
    Martial arts stunt man shot, robbed

Police are looking for the driver of this alleged getaway car after a violent robbery attempt that resulted in a shooting.

By Tyisha Fernandes
    WSB-TV
    GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. —

Police are looking for two armed robbers who shot a man in his driveway and the victim believes they shot him immediately because they know that he is a martial arts stunt man.

“It’s one of those things where they shoot you like that, he had intent to shoot me regardless of what happened,” Garrett Dumas said.

Dumas told Channel 2’s Tyisha Fernandes that his attackers walked up to him as soon as he pulled into his driveway, and shot him before he could even hand over his wallet.

“I was still sitting in the car with my seatbelt on,” Dumas said.

He had just gotten off of a 14-hour-work day as a stunt man. At first, he thought his friends from work were playing a prank. He said he did not think the robbery was real until he was shot in the leg.

“I was like, ‘I have cameras and lights I mean and you're going to pull up in my driveway and shoot me?’ And when I think about it now, that might have saved my life,” Dumas said.

His home security system recorded the event. Dumas said the robbers tried to steal his car, but neither of them could drive a stick shift.

“They started freaking out a little bit and then my brother opens the door and then they look up for a second. I hop up and close my door, I'm back in the car,” Dumas said.

Dumas said the robbers drove off in a white car. He said he tried to chase them, but his brother stopped him.

“I'm going off, I'm like, ‘They have all my stuff: my debit card, my wallet-- and he's like you're shot Garrett, you're shot?”

The bullet is still in Dumas’ leg, which is held together by two pins. Doctors said based on his rapid progress of healing, Dumas should fully recover.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Those are the worst pirates I've ever seen.
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu