Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Airsoft

OT: Airsoft

Anyone here play Airsoft?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

OooOooOooooOoooO I DO I DO!!!

what is it?

sorry for the stupid q

Talking

Airsoft is simliar to paintball, except your ammuniton is 6mm plastic bb's instead of paintballs anddddddddd the guns dont look like they are from otta space. Airsoft guns are replica's of real weapons. Also known as MilSim (military simluation) due to its realism.

bruises?

ohhhhhhhh yea, when your playing with some hardcore HK airsoft players, you be bruised all over. haha i learned that the hard way.

i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I played once. Very neat.
    strike!

Hehe, let's see, I personally have a MP5 SD6 with a 100% spring upgrade. Get's me about 380 fps and the upgrade only ran me
    20$. 4 100 round mags, nothing bigger, I like to change...
    I have 2 Beretta GBB, I rarely use more then one for a backup on the field.
    and am now looking at getting the P-90 with a battery upgrade for indoor use.....

Oh yeah, and I have a team game coming up in two weeks...

I bet Red5 was one of those kids that were smart enough to videotape themselves terrorizing the town with paintball guns.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

LOL! I am not quite that "smart" no....

I tried paintball a few times, there were some things that bugged me. Of course in the military I used TAG gear and other tools that were a hell of a lot of fun. Paintball just didn't cut it for me. Airsoft atleast cut out alot of the issues I had with paintball. My only issues now:
    Range is extremely short and most places won't let you go over about 350 fps for legal reasons, buncha girls running those places I guess.....

and guys running around with 1000 round magazines on their gbb pistols and submachineguns. Give me a break. Why don't we just show up in the back yard with squirt guns and call it a day.

On a side note 7star, when I started, especially during outdoor season, the belly crawl came as a shock to most of the other players locally here. They got used to playing squat and shoot paintball. The first few games each session I would usually take out most of the opposing team by lowering my profile the easy way, belly crawling.

Exclamation Wow

I never knew that such a game existed! Thanks for the links Seven Star.

I've emailed some friends of mine that were looking for something like this. It looks like serious fun. We were starting to get into the paintball thing, but this looks waaaaayyyy better.

I got a couple of questions though: What manufacturer is considered the best for quality and price, and, what websites would you guys recommend to buy a gun from? Also, what all do you need to get started?

Ah MightyB you have stepped into it!! Let's just say that I have taken 8 people out and introduced them to Airsoft and everyone is a regular who ha spurchased atleast 2 guns!!

Tokyo Marui is tops in my book for AEG's (Air Electric Gun) as well as most others. They just seemed to be one step ahead of everyone else. WSC seems to be a pretty good GBB (Gas Blow Back for real slide action) usually pistols.

The best informative page is www.airsoftzone.com they do all sorts of reviews and have dtat on almost all the guns out there now.

The other trick is ordering form overseas. It is whispered amongst the AS community that a friend of a friend of a friends...shipment was held permanentlly by customs...mostly urban myth really. I had a freind whoes package was held an extra week.
    Also, it may look at first that you can save money by ordering overseas as well, but keep in mind shipping is about 100$. If you can get some people together to order and you order a lot you can save some money but in general, it is easier and faster to find a US based company to order from.

I personally order from www.747imports.com They are quick and they have always given me a tracking number. I have ordered on my own and with friends from them about 15 times or so and never had an issue. I do all my own mods though.

Braden Guest
    red - Have you tried stock class paintball?

Stock Class? Explain it to me? It sounds like its regulated paintball, no mods maybe?