Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lau Gar vs Lau Ga

To Phoenix Eye

Originally posted by Colin

Phoenix eye,
    It's a shame you are moving to Hung Gar from Lau, but then i do know you were with Scotland Lau Gar, and they have somewhat bas-tardised the Lau Gar syllabus since being disowned by Master Yau.
    Doesn't JG now include Hung's Lau Gar fist form in his syllabus?
    I suppose he only learnt half the system, so has to add bits from else where!
    Still good luck in Hung Gar.

Colin.............
    http://www.laugar.org.uk
    HI PE,
    I'd take anything said by this gentleman regarding SLG, with a large pinch of salt. By JG, he means John Gwilt, and not your Sifu Graham BTW. As John was first generation Lau in the UK, and held the highest rank attainable (before more were invented), you can be assured of the accuracy of your instruction, especially since I know Grahams standards to be so high.

SLG were not as stated here 'disowned' by Master Yau, rather they left his organisation, voluntarily when certain facts were discovered.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    OMG, some body got a DNA sample from the burnt carcass of the last dead horse, separated the live cells, cloned another horse, watched it grow, let it come to maturity and then
    PROCEEDED TO BEAT IT TO DEATH , AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Andy

Do I know you? Did you come to Dundee club for a while?

I had assumed JG was John Gwilt but didn't feel it was worth getting sucked into an argument over what his history was etc as I really don't care.

As long as I'm getting good instruction and improving my Kung Fu then I'm happy.

Cheers mate.
    "We had a thing to settle so I did him"
    Tamai, 43, was quoted by Police as saying.

While we're on the subject, I may as well advertise Curtis' Page:

www.bsmap.com

It's the British Sports Martial Arts Premiership, which atm is semi and light contact, though I imagine it would include full contact if there was enough interest.

Personally I'm not that into martial arts competition except in the sense of it being further training, but I like the idea of it taking off... It's an interesting idea, anyway, and he's trying hard to make it work.

Hi Phoenix Eye,
    Sorry, I wasn't so much insulting anyone as stating fact.
    If someone wants to include additional material into a system, them they are free to do so.
    I don't know your Sifu so i'll comment on that point no more.
    As to whether JG left or was expelled I believe is not really an area for me to get too involved in.
    There are always two sides!

Andy,
    I laugh in your face fat boy!

Your sorry assed bitter and twisted comments are not wanted here.
    Go back to your silly little PC forum where you belong.
    Before you come back with more of your pathetic words, remember what I told you before.
    Don't make me have to repeat myself again.

Colin...........
    Last edited by Colin; 01-10-2003 at 11:00 AM.
    "The cat never weeps for the mouse"

Originally posted by phoenix-eye
    Thanks Andy

Do I know you? Did you come to Dundee club for a while?

Cheers mate.
    Hi PE,

Drop me a PM, reason should be obvious from the above.

Colin,

You are of no concern to me in any shape or form, back it up, or shut up, but for everyones continued enjoyance, shut the hell up.
    Until Master Yau comes on here himself and tells us all that you speak for him, your comments are of no interest to me, though I doubt he would be pleased at the conduct one of his BB's has displayed here.

Suck it up.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien

OMG, some body got a DNA sample from the burnt carcass of the last dead horse, separated the live cells, cloned another horse, watched it grow, let it come to maturity and then

Mr M,
    Ha! You know **** well i'll put up fat boy!

If I remember correctly, didn't you call the police last time when you wet your pants?

It's all well and good being all brave on here, but you and I know the truth don't we!
    I'll contact you privately, as i'm sure others on here are bored with this.

Phoenix Eye,
    I didn't mean to insult you instructor, as I don't know him, it's just this annoying little man AndyM, he gets under my skin a wee bit.
    An itch that definately needs scratching!

cheers!!!!!!
    Last edited by Colin; 01-29-2003 at 08:20 AM.

The Truth?

Mr M,

Ha! You know **** well i'll put up fat boy!

If I remember correctly, didn't you call the police last time when you wet your pants?

It's all well and good being all brave on here, but you and I know the truth don't we!
    I'll contact you privately, as i'm sure others on here are bored with this.

Phoenix Eye,
    I didn't mean to insult you instructor, as I don't know him, it's just this annoying little man AndyM, he gets under my skin a wee bit.
    An itch that definately needs scratching!

cheers!!!!!!
    I called the police as you left threatening messages on my telephone. While they were of no concern to me, I did what any sane person would do, by considering my wife and child should you have proved to have any trousers to match your big mouth. Fact is, you don't know me from Adam, but turn up at my door, and I'll tear your face off, you have my address after all.

Just for the record folks, this threat was around 8 months ago, and it's still a no-show .

The truth?
    You can't handle the truth!

Surely someone of your obviously massive intellect can do better than 'Fat Boy'? I certainly can.

You don't get it do you Colin. Everyone see's right through you. Just how many threads are there even on this forum where you have been ignorant and insulting to people you don't know and had to back down. Grow Up!

So do you speak for Master Yau then???

J.R.R. Tolkien

Cantonese

There are no 'R' sounds in Cantonese. Ga means family. Gar is a bad romanization of Ga.
    PR
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Andy,
    I'm truely sorry about the fat boy comment.
    It was only an observation after seeing your picture.
    Maybe the pic had been squashed, and you're not as round as I initially thought!

To honest I have no need to insult you.
    You do a quite exceptional job of it yourself!

As for the rest of your comments.
    I have copies of all the correspondances between us.
    Do you really want me to post on here all the things you said previously? I think not.

As stated before we should take this off this board. Or do you need an audience to justify your lies to?

Lastly. I speak for no one except myself.
    Never have I claimed to speak for others.

Oh and who's using threating behaviour now?

Seeya later FatBoy.

I'll be in touch.

I'm truely sorry about the fat boy comment.
    I accept your apology

It was only an observation after seeing your picture.
    Well I don't judge people from pictures. If I did, I would have said your stance and posture were awful!

As stated before we should take this off this board. Or do you need an audience to justify your lies to?
    What lies are those?
    If you are calling me a liar, then you should give an example of the falsehood, as I'm sure the board would be most interested in it. I have no problem with that, so go ahead.

Oh and who's using threating behaviour now?
    I don't make idle threats!

I'll be in touch.
    Well I'll be looking forward to that!

J.R.R. Tolkien

Children, children! Take it outside, willya!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Understood Serpent.

I'm pretty embarassed by 'airing out the closet' in public as it is.

Please understand, as I'm sure you do, that when people attack you, or people you respect personally, that it is difficult to let acidic comments slide by unchallenged.

A large question mark hangs over the authenticity of Lau Gar in the UK as most folks here will have gathered. While I'm personally curious, having spent 16 years in that system and have many questions, I have moved on to other things.

I train hard in Wing Chun and Eskrima amongst other systems and maintain an open mind to all systems of practice.

The last few posts you have seen have been part of a personal vendetta from which I have received not a single word by PM or E-Mail.

I moderate on another forum where this all started. Though I am a fairly new member here, the other party seems to believe he has the support of the board on KFO, and this I feel, is the reason for all the posturing and chest thumping.

I bear no ill will to anyone here, but receiving threats to my person and family are unacceptable to me.

Andy.
    Last edited by AndyM; 01-30-2003 at 08:49 PM.

J.R.R. Tolkien

I don't think anyone has any particular support here. If they do, it's individual and not from the board as a whole. Good god, if eveyone on KFO agreed on any single point then the universe as we know it would cease to exist!

I'm interested in reading about people's views on Lau Gar and their opinions of it's authenticity and so on. But stick to that and take the ****ing contest elsewhere.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

My crappy pics!

I would appreciate if anyone interested would take a look and give constructive comment about the stances and posture I so poorly display on my site.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/cmacken/laugar/gallery.html

1st stance is an extended fu jow from the Bak Pai Jurn form.
    Next is a moving twisting step from the first darn dao form, followed by a cross step pose from the same form.
    Then ok! there is a posed side kick! Even my mates laughed at that!

Please feel free to rip them apart, as I would not like to think that any pictures on my site imply any negitive attributes to the style I practice.

Serpent, i'm sure you will be honest with me here!

cheers
    Colin............

Originally posted by Serpent

I'm interested in reading about people's views on Lau Gar and their opinions of it's authenticity and so on.
    Here's a view. Bey Logan worked for both Combat and then MAI magazine in the UK. Don't worry, you don't have to read too far.

Bey Logan Interview

J.R.R. Tolkien