Hello:

How can I tell if my TCM practicioner is a good one?

I have recently begun seeing a TCM practicioner because I am wanting to essentially increase my metabolism/improve my circulation. My fire doesn't burn very hot and I have fitness goals that would be better attained if my motor ran better.

She is very open and receptive, asked me a barrage of questions, thoroughly analyzed my body, my diet and lifestyle. Although I told her I had no prior experience with TCM (save for some articles and a book on TCM dietary concepts) She does not offer me a lot of information, and I worry that my lack of knowledge may keep me asking the right questions.

I have seen her three times. I find the sessions very invigorating, although the first time I got a little dizzy. All three times I have developed a pale pink rosy stripe about 2 inches across from my chest to my lower abdomen - not irritated, just pink and warm, lasting a few hours.

She does not manipulate the needles, just taps them in and leaves me be for 20 minutes or so. I will ask her about that at our next meeting. She has prescribed herbs which I use and I have modified my diet to be in accordance with my goals.

What should I be asking her? Can anyone suggest a book to help me understand what to expect? and finally, Can anyone reccommend a good TCM practiciouner in the Asheville, North Carolina area?

Thanks in advance,
C