Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: San Shou in Feb. 2003!

Sifu Ross - 2 things.

1. I really enjoyed your post on the UG about sanshou clinching. Look forward to your "finished product"- book and/or videos. I'd like to email you for a question on sanshou bag/pad work.

2. Also enjoyed reading your "spinning kicks" thread. nice info. when people critique sanshou you respond with credible facts.

Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
    Sifu Ross - 2 things.

1. I really enjoyed your post on the UG about sanshou clinching. Look forward to your "finished product"- book and/or videos. I'd like to email you for a question on sanshou bag/pad work.

2. Also enjoyed reading your "spinning kicks" thread. nice info. when people critique sanshou you respond with credible facts.
    Do you have a link to the clinching post? It sounds good.

This brings up another question do you guys have any good links with San Shou tacics, trainning tips etc. etc. It would be interesting to read up on.

MMA.tv ... they have a pretty good S&C forum...
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

All the coaches and personalities in San Shou tease and take jabs at eachother but we are really a pretty close lot. And we all do our part to promote San Shou, Cung, Guru, me, Mike Altman, etc all try and give our art some attention.

Glad you like the posts, though at times it is throwing a rubber ball at a brick wall.

As more SS people do MMA events, we'll get more respect, also some MMA people are coming to us, so it is working in both directions

throwing a rubber ball at a brick wall.

This is what makes them so great! They keep sending up lobs and you keep knocking them out of the park.. evidence and comedy! nothing funnier than a flailing troll. (I'd know)

SS respect is coming. exposure exposure..

and sanshou guys do rib each other. sibling rivalry.

ROFL

I just found the clip of the 1954 kungfu masters fighting!

Oh the humanity!!

you slap pretty hard.. for a b itch!
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

Thanks I'll check MMA.tv

If anyone else has links to good sites, drills, tip etc.etc. please post too.

Ouch! I checked out the NYKK site

and those people DO seem serious!
    Last edited by carly; 01-03-2003 at 11:55 AM.

i plan on going to this event, lots of tough training to do between now and then. now that the holidays are over its time to get focused.
    cut aaanold some slack, hanging out with a bunch of martial artists in ohio is certainly not an effective way of self-promotion compared to all the usual hollywood cr@p, he does it to promote sports and fitness, not himself, he doenst need that, after all he's the terminator...
    can't wait, should be fun

Where were you last night slacker, we went over a ton of closing and in-fighting drills. We will do a ton of interactive and set stuff during the next 8 weeks.
    "Information is power"

www.Boston-Kickboxing.com

8 weeks . - you know what that means.

coach has the battle plan drawn!

Hey Guru, i just got back from a holiday road-trip down to D.C. last night, too late to make training. I'm psyched and ready for some serious work now though! I'll be in tomorrow, see you then (or monday if youre off this wkend) and Happy New Year! -mutant

I recently watched some of the SanShou clips that SevenStar posted and on one of the swedish clips (I think) the ref stopped and made a motion like no multiple punches, hehe looked like he was trying to chain punch. I didn't see it stopped like that on the other rounds I watched. I know at least at one point you were not suposed to punch tom any times in a row to the face, Is that still the case at most places? Is that the case at the BOC.

I read over the rules .PDF but I don't remember seeing it anywere.

The guys in the clips (Swe) seemed pretty good, anyone know anything about them?

Thanks,

I believe that rule -multiple punches to the head- has been removed from most competition in america. I am not sure about international rules.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
    I believe that rule -multiple punches to the head- has been removed from most competition in america. I am not sure about international rules.
    That's what I was thinking but not sure. I'm glad they lifted that rule.

The Chinese guys were really good to. Were the Chinese clips all Chinese fighters or international?