Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill Bill

Kill Bill

Tarintino's take on Kungfu. Well here's a preview for You all...

Thumbs down *BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

no mi gusta!!

i can't stand uma thurman...and CARRADINE TOO?!?!!!?? oh boy...
    In mildness is the strength of steel

aww Sh!T

what do they do this that crap sucked, from a film student point of view some of the angles were hot. from a martial artist point of view i'm ****ed he just stereotyped all of the martial arts into one big peace of trash.

didn't he sterotype all Blackploitation films in Jackie Brown as well?

It's all tongue in cheek.
    Jackie Brown was intentionally over the top blaxplotation.
    Kill Bill is the same, an over the top homage to kung fu flicks.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Quintin talks about the flick here...

"Jackie Brown was intentionally over the top blaxplotation."

WHAAAAAA?!

Could you elaborate on this? I couldn't disagree more. I think Jackie Brown is Tarantino's most layered, realistically acted and plotted, compassionate work to date.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

The movie looks too over-dramatic and FAKE!!
    LET HONG KONG PEOPLE WORK THEIR MAGIC!!

Uma Thurman as Bruce Lee in his game of death speed racer jammies!

c'mon! are ya with me here? can I get a witness? hello.

jackie brown was as deep and heartfelt a film as one could get...compared to jaws that is

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

david carradine.......please! isnt he some out-dated old crummy western actor.....is his kung fu even any good....i doubt it!

people in hollywood dont know good kung fu flix.if it wasnt for yuen wo ping the place wud be a shambles!

That looks like it'll be a fun film. Especially with Tarantino handling the script.

david carradine.......please! isnt he some out-dated old crummy western actor.....is his kung fu even any good....i doubt it!

people in hollywood dont know good kung fu flix.if it wasnt for yuen wo ping the place wud be a shambles!
    on the first point, the carradines have been around forever. THe joke is that he was Caine in the old Kungfu and new kungfu television series. I laughed when I saw him in the trailer and right there and then, I knew this would be worth a look.

On the second point, yuen wo ping is a ma choreographer and has little to do with actual film making and direction of cinematography, so, if not for Ang Lee, the genre would not be taken seriously as an art form and QT wouldn't be reintroducing and remaking a lot of the chop sockey flicks.

further to the second point. a lot of teh old shaw movies and other chop sockey flicks while fun and entertaining were campy and technically, they were poorly made. So, to have them revisited and distilled by the talents that do live in Cali, that's some kind of new breath of life to this genre and will make a huge difference ultimately on how Kungfu is regarded by the general populace.

In short, It's a good thing!!!

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Minor nitpick -

Yuen Wo Ping has directed a passel of excellent kick flicks, and deserves respect as a director in his own right.

Yuen Wo Ping's imdb.com page. Note that among the shows he directed, there include the classics Iron Monkey, Tai Chi Master, Legend of a Fighter, Drunken Master, Snake In Eagle's Shadow, Magnificent Butcher, Dreadnaught, Drunken Tai Chi, Wing Chun, In the Line of Duty 4, and Last Hero in China.

In fact, I'm upgrading this post from 'minor nitpick' to 'hire a fact checker' - the dude is a legend!
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

ok, well, I'll nit pick back then.

Yuen Wo Ping never "directed" a "film" in his career.

He "directed" action and choreography. Big difference there csn

He hasn't been behind a camera though simply because that isn't his area of expertise. Martial arts is his game and on it, he's built his name.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Click that imdb link before you go saying that. Read the whole thing. He has directed 27 films. I'm not sure what your scare quotes are meant to imply. If he didn't direct the films he's credited with directing, who did?
    Last edited by Chang Style Novice; 01-19-2003 at 09:44 PM.
    Crippled Avenger