Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Kill Bill

The style was not chinese at all... look at it - it was Japanese.
    Hmmm.....I dunno about that. Even when she's using the katana, she is doing CMA ground techniques. Add to that the Rope Dart, and the Knife vs Open-Hand sequence, and I would say it was well infused with CMA.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I hated just about everything about it.
    More good looking hollywood actors loosely imitating martial arts.

I saw there "training". Duh.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    Hmmm.....I dunno about that. Even when she's using the katana, she is doing CMA ground techniques. Add to that the Rope Dart, and the Knife vs Open-Hand sequence, and I would say it was well infused with CMA.
    I was referring specifically to the sword sequences. That's the only part I can really see anyone saying lacks style.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I love it. Although I would rather it have been one movie and not two. I could gladly sit through 4 hours of blood dripping blade fights.

4 outta 5
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

..And who cares if the sword fights are 'stylish'. She ****ing KILLS people, not like the average Jet Li movie where he punch them in the head forty times.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Did you notice the Charlie Chan reference ("Son number one, this tall drink of c0cksucker ain't dead.")? Pretty funny...

The music is great, yeah. I'll be sure to get a copy of OST. Nancy Sinatra rocks
    FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

Any word on Part 2's release date?

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0378194/releaseinfo

Love the imdb.
    Trust the imdb.
    Bookmark the imdb.
    The imdb knows all.
    The imdb is your friend.

FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

nnnnnnnnnnnoooooo all the way to march...

"Kill Bill" (cut scenes???)

I was just reading an interview with David Carradine that took place before the release of "Kill Bill vol. 1". In this interview, he mentioned scenes of him training at Pai Mei's temple and a sword fight with Michael Jai White. I can't recall seeing either in the movies. Were these scenes cut? Does anybody know why, or what they might have given to the story? What was Michael Jai White's role in the story?
    Monkey vs. Robot

They had to take out alot because it would take up too much time. ( the reason to split it in 2) I read they would show Bills training with the Mexican boss and his training with Pai Mei.. I think Jay was supposed to be connected to Vivica Fox

jai white!

we talked about this on a another post called what happened!! started by yours truly! jai white's role was as an assasin sent by this cassino owner to kill bill dave was gonna have a fight scene but thery cut it it'll be in the dvd. the sad part is jai white was still plugging the movie even thou his scene got cut plus. he';s an assshole so there you have it!! as for the training part with pak mei! it's going to be in the next installment of the movie. an anime which tells the story of bill!!!!

Kill Bill special edition?

Has anyone heard if they are going to make a special-edition of Kill Bill, or maybe even offer the movie(s) as a set? I read the script before the first one came out, and there were some potentially cool scenes that didn't show up in either of the theatrical releases -- I guess I'm not even sure that Tarrantino filmed them, but I would consider holding off on getting the DVD's if something like this were to come out ...
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

He's going to release an uncut special edition as one movie, but I don't know when it's due out. He's also in pre-pre-production on Volume III.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.