Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: KFOers I want to fight!!!!!

*rolls CSN over*

*takes a photo for later humiliation*

What's with the pretzels? Twiglets is what ya need!

(Watch the Yanks get confused and the Poms go through a range of reactions to that!)
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

*sure thing,,(rolls csn over on his pooch) **** that article is fukin harsh,,,,,now what did i get up to go get?,,,,,ah yes ,,more pretzel sticks*
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Did you guys finish it already? I'm only on page four. Here's a quote that pretty much sums up 'the blandness of evil' that whatsisname used to talk about.

"They have never developed a mechanism to hold supervisors accountable for safety while, on the other hand, they have mastered a system for holding supervisors accountable for production downtime."
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I'm on page five. I'm nauseated.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

I only read page 1. I'm a bit busy to get through it all and, quite frankly, I'd read enough by then!

There are extreme safety regs here in Oz. Does nothing similar exist in the US?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

We have OSHA, (Occupational Safety and Health Agency) and a lot of discussion of them is in the article. But they're getting steadily defunded, and personal injury suit rights are being eroded in the legal system, and unions are weaker than they've been since Taft/Hawley (obscure american labor law reference - don't worry if you don't get it, you get the gist.) Basically, both parties in the US are racing to seem more 'pro-business' than the other, and that means letting nothing stand in the way of profitability, be it fraud or negligent manslaughter. And the end of the article, there is some reform reported in the plant, but it was fought every inch of the way and probably only insistuted when bad PR became a threat to the parent company. Hence the article.
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

Well, yeah. The policing organization called Osha went to the plant and found numerous violations. Apparently, they didn't do anything about them.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

The thing about regulatory agencies like OSHA is they take their cues from the top - appointed executives and stuff like that. So, when industry representatives are appointed to regulate their own industries, well...you can see where I'm going with this.
    Crippled Avenger

CSN

"Boy CSN you woke up and sobered up fast,,,,or are you having what alchoholics call "a moment of clarity?"
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

That is just disgusting.

Here we have OHS (Occupational Health and Safety) that set guidelines. They are then enforced by law and through a body called WorkCover. In this country even direct supervisors can be found negligent if the company policy is not followed, or the company can be found negligent if it has no reasonable policy. People (including supervisors that turn a blind eye) can be fined up to $5,000 and companies up to $50,000, plus claims for workers compensation and even possible jail terms up to 5 years. I can't believe that in a country like the US these things don't exist too. Especially considering how litigious US society is.

I reiterate my previous comment. Capitalism sure stinks!

Originally posted by Serpent

Who? What? Me?

The way I bash the US and you still think I live there?

C'mon now - do you really think I read your posts?

And what the hell is a foodon? Or is it one of those jokes like a butfor?

This is a foodon What in the world is a butfor?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by Serpent
    There are extreme safety regs here in Oz. Does nothing similar exist in the US?
    safety regulations are only regulations. places like chang style's example slip by even with regulations. it's a fact of life.

america may be more evolved than other countries because it denounces practices like this, but in some cases it's not evolved enough to do anything about it.

we only have so much energy and so much funding to go around. question where those two get focused if you want, but at least an effort is made.

anyhoo, enough with the beer already. euler -- do you have a blender at this place, or did anyone (TWS?) bring one? i hate beer, but i'm rather fond of the chief export from margaritaville.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Unhappy

that has to be one of the saddest and most terrible articles i have ever read.

this thread is strange the way it has grown.

serpent: can i have some twiglets? dont like pretzel sticks so much

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

TWIGLETS bleeeeuuugh

Il fight all of ya for even mentioning them.

OYYY dont even mention the marmite ones or il have to get my ninja assassins on the case.

psssssst.....eulerfan........giz a beer
    true wealth comes from good health and wise ways.

alright ******! CSN when I hit your link all I get is an application to sign up for the NYtimes....

Serpent -

"The way I bash the US and you still think I live there? You couldn't pay me to live in the US. And what the hell is a foodon? Or is it one of those jokes like a butfor?

Sorry for the delay, got distracted there by lunch. Like I'd be warming up! Pah. I'm always warm, baby.

To answer your question, Big Guy, I'm in Sydney, Australia now. (I say Australia because someone once thought I meant Nova Scotia! Seriously.)"

Waaaaaaaiiiiit a minute!!! I'm pretty sure australia is part of the united states........