Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: advice on training diet

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    dude, just one thing on the mass index thing and all.
    i dont think it should be taken too seriously, like acording to it i should weight 90kg, but that just wouldnt make sense for my bodytype, id be skinny (as oposed to normal) at that weight.
    there are athletes (on fighting sports and other sports as well) whose mass would be considered too much, but they are healthy and strong.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

thanks xebs... i tried all the tests online and stuff and it seems about normal, i just wanna maybe put on 5lbs or so and become more dense... we will see what happens

how r ya anyway?

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

You actually have the same body type as I do. My natural weight is right around 150. Whenever I slack from training, I seem to revert to that weight. I'm currently just under 170 pounds, as I'm going through a bulking phase. Eating FREQUENTLY is the only effective way for you to gain weight. 3 large meals a day will not suffice. You must eat at least 6 meals per day and you will see a steady climb in weight as the weeks pass. Of coarse, the heavier you get, the harder it is to gain, as your body goes to great lengths to stay as close to its natural genetic weight as possible. Your basic mass building workouts are squats, dead-lift, and bench. Pullups are good too. A complete breakfast is extremely important as your body is usually lacking nutrients after going some 8 hours with no food, and may be eyeing the available protein source found in your muscles by this time. If you miss a meal, you risk letting your body burn muscle protein for food. If you do not get enough carbohydrates, the same thing happens. Since you should be getting 6 meals, consisting of both protein and carbohydrates, I would recommend these affordable, easy to prepare foods:

Oatmeal
    Hardboiled eggs (I prefer at least 4 per sitting)
    Tuna - lots of it
    Pasta
    Peanut butter n jelly ( good for the muscles)
    Brown Rice (an excellent energy energy source)

If you only buy one supplement, I would recommend it be a good supply of L-Glutamine. It is the most abundant amino acid in the body, and many different body parts compete for it. It has proven to help prevent muscle wasting in certain AIDS and Cancer patients, so just imagine how good it is for a healthy person's muscles. 5g a day is more than enough.

Lastly, avoid coffee and other sources of caffeine. It will speed up your metabolism even more.
    ~~~think about it, these are things that have worked for me. good luck.

hi rick, thanks

it doesnt seem to matter if i train or not, my body doesnt really seem to change at all lol

all the things u mentioned i already eat lots of hehe but for sure im gonna try to sort things so i can have more protein. i cant afford any supplemtnes so am trying to do it naturally, as well as mainly doing bodyweight type stuff as i dont have access (ie. money) to go to a gym.

dawood

The risk of the bodyweight excercises are that there often is not enough weight to put enough intense stress on the muscles with a low number or reps, so one ends up doing higher amounts of reps than necessary, and in the long run burning off more calories while demanding less of the muscles. They are great, however, for building muscular endurance, but that's not quite the same as building mass. Oh well, gyms are expensive. Of coarse you can always wait till you're over 30, that tends to help a LOT of people gain weight lol.
    One more thing I can say is that when you first start gaining size, you often will not notice it. After all, you are around yourself constantly. Whenever I'm trying to gain, it takes a few weeks before people start saying stuff like "hmm.. you look a little bigger", and I'm usually like "i do ??? i havent noticed". Just a thought.

Thumbs up

thanks for your thoughts, i will see what happens for sure.

dawood

Scrawny is right!!! Anyway, depending upon what your metabolism rate and your age weight gain can be challenging. As for the shedloads or intake, no doubt. I have seen you eat and you have a reputation for eating with a shovel in the UK. The hard qigong will thicken over time as will the siu lim tao Sound like its all in the right place. When in doubt more ma bu and time
    A couple more years and you will see
    I will always be a student

youre just jealous coz u cant eat as much as me and put on weight

dawood