Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with old video game name

help with old video game name

what was that game where you flew around on the back of a dragon or something jousting or running into enemies, you had a juystick and a button, you had to hit the button to make your beast flap. circa 1984 around the Ms Pacman, dig dug times

soulja's avatar looks kinda like this game on steroids

2. I believe the name of the game you are referring to is Joust. Do these screenshots look like what you are talking about?

http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/nes/01/joust.html

and for the record, the beast in question in Joust was an ostrich.

strange, eh?
    "Oh LORD, please spare our eyes"- Traditional Prayer before an English Singlestick Match

Braden Guest
    Oh god. Joust was ****ing awesome. I spent so much money in the arcades trying to beat my brother at that game.

crippled avenger has, by far, the sweetest avatar. what is alex ordering there, a malt?
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

thats it, Joust, dam I feel old.

Ok here is another I have been wondering about, it was kinda obscure, i cna onley remember it in one store in my town, it was called Fantasy, you had to escape head hunters, fly a baloon onto a pirate ship, and then to clear a level you had to (and I'm not kidding) run around this african village and stick your head between the ladies legs, like a meal, you know.
    Its not Jungel Hunt or its take off Jungel Safari, this was before them, at least in my world, in 1982 or 1983. Right around this time they were removing some video game from the store where I think General Custer was one of the characters and you had to rape some lady.

anyone remember that?

crippled avenger has, by far, the sweetest avatar. what is alex ordering there, a malt?
    Nope. It's the pepper beef at Mao's!

I'm ashamed to admit that I was a greaser in highschool, so it's kinda doubly meaningful. Ah, I love japanese Rockabilly greasers who moonlight as vigilantes.
    "Oh LORD, please spare our eyes"- Traditional Prayer before an English Singlestick Match

mmmm. pepper beef at mao's.

you DID find the secret shop in the tunnel with all the funky extra stuff, right?

if not, next time you're in that tunnel (dark, road, black wall background), walk along the wall and press up as you do. eventually, the secret passage will be found and you'll find some 'spensive stuff.

this probably won't surprise you, but a buddy of mine and i once spent a friday night/saturday morning all nighter when we were younger fighting and earning enough money to buy every item so we could chart the effects of everything. that's what i call dedication.

man, i gotta go find this game at a used shop. it was the peemp sheeit.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

yeah, the hidden shop. I remember reading about it in a nintendo power MANY MANY years ago. Cool stuff, but I was always a fan of the simple bike chain. It was just TOO fun.

And if you're looking for a copy, try the Salvation Army. I pick up all sorts of crazy old NES games there for dirt cheap. Got River City and Startropics for $1.25.

startropics was coo. i loved stuff like that, chrystalis ... the good ones.

ever play guardian legend?

NES

I have my nes, genesis, and ps2 all hooked up, You people will LOVE this site: http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/plist.c...=3&version=478 NES games for 75 freakin cents!
    "I'm here to wipe the floor with your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and you deserve it."-Duncan, "Some Kind of Wonderful"

"I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems wierd and scary to me. It'll happen to you!!!" -Grandpa Simpson

"Once while walking through the mall a guy came up to me and
    said 'Hey, hows it going?'. So I grabbed his arm and twisted
    it up behind his head and said 'Now whose asking the questions?'" - Jack Handey

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."George Bush—South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002

river city ransom is one of my all time favorates. renegade was really good too.

anyone else play castlevania symphony of the night for the regular ps? by far the best of the castlevania series ... awesome awesome game.
    where's my beer?

GDA, yes. SOTN was the coolest game ever. I have the soundtrack even

Do you know of the glitch that let you get over 200%?

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Originally posted by rubthebuddha
    startropics was coo. i loved stuff like that, chrystalis ... the good ones.

ever play guardian legend?
    both of those were awesome, but River City Ransom is my all time fave.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I remember the Guardian Legend. Did you ever play Legacy of the Wizard or Faxanadu?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter