Thread: Petition

Exclamation Petition

Recently a
    Last edited by r.(shaolin); 09-23-2008 at 10:00 PM.

r.

Excellent method of getting the word out. You have my school's full support on this.

I agree with Northern Shaolin via this matter
    and You have my organization's full support.

Thanks,
    Hui Clan

could we help?

Agree completely. I there is anything we can do from this side of the world just ask for it.
    Regards
    horacio
    Horacio Di Renzo
    Asociacion Kai Men Kung Fu -Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Formal Student of GM Chan Kowk Wai
    http://www.kaimen.com.ar

Sickening, sickening and sickening

These guys are an abomination. Lets all spread the word on this.

As my Sifu said about things:

"Mo Lum Bai Lui"........Martial Arts Ruiners.

I have an idea, I am going to copyright the last names Jones, Wong and Padilla. Also the word "freedom". All must pay tribute who utilize these words.

The world is being squeezed by money hungry leeches. Sickening.

r.(shaolin), have you tried posting in the Southern Shaolin and Mantis (etc) sections ? If you want, I can paste your posting on other forums outside over the next few days, to help bring this to light.

Broadcast e-mails to all Shaolin Kung Fu/Wu Shu organizations would be useful also. I am sure you have done it already.

Whatever help you need please do not hesitate to ask. Been a little busy, but never too busy.

Its not easy to claim leadership over the entire Shaolin clans. This in effect is what they seem, by legal twistings, to be doing.

It is wise for them to cease.

Buddhapalm
    "In heaven and earth no spot to hide;
    Bliss belongs to one that knows that things
    are empty and that man too is nothing.
    Splendid indeed is the Mongol longsword
    Slashing the spring wind like a flash of lightning !"

Monk Wu-hsueh Tsu-yuan - Reciting as the Mongol sabers slashed towards him. The Mongols spared him out of respect. For no ordinary man recites a poem facing death.

Is there anyway to create an online petition??

Something that people can fill out online, that would still be considered a legal petition??

If you could, I bet you could get THOUSANDS of signatures in a very short period of time.
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 01-12-2003 at 12:01 AM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

If this registration proceeds,
    Last edited by r.(shaolin); 09-23-2008 at 10:01 PM.

not Shaolin wushu: shaolin wushu canada

It seems to be a mistake here. The trademark is "Shaolin Wushu Canada" which could be a school's name. That doesn't mean you cannot use "Shaolin Wushu" without their permission.
    REgards
    horacio
    Horacio Di Renzo

yes, a mistake, MY MISTAKE

sORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY, unfortunately these crazy guys are registering "Shaolin Wushu" as a trademark. Terrible.
    Please apologyze my mistake.
    Horacio Di Renzo

It looks like most of the action is on the thread in this forum, so I'll copy what I said over on the general forum:

You need to take a step back and re-evaluate things a bit. First, any communication with the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) must reference the application/serial number of the Mark in question. Second, this trademark application was just filed on 4-December-2002, so it is not open to opposition yet.

Here is a link to the Mark in question on the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) web site database:

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/SSG/1160/trdp116069100e.html

Here is a link to the CIPO's general Trademark page. It will provide some insights on how you should proceed. There is even a list of registered trademark attorneys and if you are serious about opposing this Mark, then you should retain a Canadian trademark attorney.

http://strategis.gc.ca/sc_mrksv/cipo/tm/tm_main-e.html

The basics of the process are that a request for a trademark registration is filed. That application is then examined by the CIPO to determine IF the mark is registerable. IF they determine that the Mark can be registered, then the Mark is advertised in the Trade-marks Journal and any concerned parties are allowed 2 months to oppose the mark before it proceeds to registration. This opposition typically comes from other parties who have a trademark or trademark application that was filed prior to the trademark application in question and feel that the Mark in question would infringe upon their own Mark ... especially if the goods/wares and services are in the same classes. The fact that "wushu" has a common meaning in the Chinese language, as does "shaolin" could be potential grounds for the Mark to be denied registration by the CIPO.

Now for my disclaimer: I am not licensed to practice law anywhere in the world. I do work with intellectual property (patents and trademarks), that requires that I have a basic understanding of the processes involved. You should seek legal council in this matter (refer to the list of attorneys on the above-referenced link).

I hope this helps.

Respectfully,

Dave Fulton

--
    You need to take a step back
    Last edited by r.(shaolin); 09-23-2008 at 10:01 PM.

anyone know a good copyright lawyer?

Maybe I'll just go and copyright "praying mantis" and why not, "kung fu" itself!

You have my support, let me know if there is anything we can do to help down here.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread