Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Universe Speaks

I didn't steal them, I'm borrowing them.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

any chance of me getting them back when you are done?

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

I don't know if you'd want them back after she's 'finished' with them.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Sharky - is that "Airborne" rhyme yours? It's pretty fresh.</fogey school slang>
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Thumbs up

recognized at last

Euler--to borrow a cheesy line from T2 "There is no fate except that which we make for ourselves."

Ok, that's not entirely accurate, but it's close enough. You clearly can't control it if a safe falls out of the sky and lands on your head.

I am a big believer in making things happen for yourself. More than a few people have done well with "The harder I work, the luckier I get." The idea that we are to sit somewhat impassively and move through life or allow it to move around us is anathematic to both my tastes and my observations. No deeds of reknown--either grand or small--were ever made by those who did not strive. I don't believe in things happenning for a reason. None of us are important or interesting enough, in the grand scheme of things, for the universe to care. In short, I reject the idea that individuals are special enough to be worthy of attention in any particular way, as far as the universe is concerned.

As Radhnoti pointed out, the only magic there is is that you create for yourself.

Dezhen, congratulations on your first small steps towards health. Been there! It's not a whole lot of fun, but as I think I mentioned, I found that the best thing for a little drive was success. The small little victories count a lot when you consider how much they keep you going. And making the decision not to be miserable is a really great victory!
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Nah it's not mine man It's by another UK rapper called 'Jehst'. He's messy, i love all his ****. Type that into kazaa and get some of his stuff if you can. He manages to be deep but spit raw at the same time.

but i've got this new 'thing' of changing that line(s) in my signature pretty frequently, so i'll put some of mine up occationally. Won't tell you when though *heh*

Even though i have exams i wrote an abstract piece (needs finishing off) last night, not what i usually do, i dunno how good it is or if it's too abstract in that i am the only person who will 'get it' or see the double meanings (maybe too vague).

It's only 2min 14 i'll post it up as soon as it's recorded, although i can't record until the 22nd...
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

MP: thanks a lot! u know i stretched these last few days and feel really cr@ppy coz i have lost a lot. even when doing techniques its so sloppy... actually im disappointed with myself for letting the depression/pressure control me, but like i said above i am striving to get out of this hole now.

Mainly i am starting to train again slowly instead of just being an 'intellectual' Martial Artist, and already feel a bit better. Hopefully soon my brain will be back to full capacity and i can actually get some quality study done

I think these kinda situations make your real character shine thru - it just took me a long time to shine!

dawood

Not that you need my .02$, but IMO, I found that it was better to focus on what I wanted to accomplish, rather than not being depressed, or doing something so I could conquer depression.

Trying to use your depression as a reason to drive yourself to do something so you aren't depressed any more, seemed kind of counterproductive

Anyhoo, cheers!
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

lol no problem...

well i have a test in between easter and summer so im gonna try and train up for that. hopefully i can make this one also gotta finish my degree so i can go to australia... etc. so plenty to focus on

dawood

Guys,

The fate thing is not really the question anymore.

Cody hit the nail on the head getting me off the track I was on. I don't respond well to the, "I declare that there is not such thing as fate. You are responsible for your own destiny" thing quite as well as, "I have a better explanation for why things have come together in such an unlikely manner."

Which he did. And now it's okay.

Move along.

Nothing to see here.

Except for my spiffy new eyebrows.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

r u saying u like the eyebrows?

dawood

best I've ever tried. Do you use conditioner on them or something. So soft. So supple.

lol! actually most people say my hair is soft and fine... what the heck were u doing to find out they are supple?

dawood