Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooting Chi from the finger tips?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

emanating

Ok, here are my 'true story' tales

I saw a guy do soft breaks on a stack of 3 2" cap blocks.
    Broke the bottom one on the first strike, then the middle
    then the upper one.

Only time I've seen someone else do something like that.

Personally these are my tales:

After a 3-4 hour workout training different chi kungs from
    tai chi/hsing yi/bagua I feel like I saw a hazy glow around my
    own hands.

After doing a really long session of static 8 mother palm chi kung
    in moving from the grasping palm to forward palm I thought I saw
    a 'pop' of light between my hands for a second.

Heat, vibration etc are normal for me during any chi kung or while
    doing a form (either external or internal) or during a particularly
    strenuous sparring match.

but, I'm sure I was imagining all of it.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Originally posted by ricksitterly
    what??? u can say crap hole and arse... but u cant say f a rrt ???? what the....
    hmm it was u who used both words i used first one only

but, I'm sure I was imagining all of it.
    hi oso i think it can be possible ... thanx to big bad world of internet... now everything is possible... u can see every tom harry n dik talking about Chi n this n that ... but rarely someone speaks the truth... n those who speaks r outnumbered...
    -TkdWarrior-
    Knowledge, Like sex is better when it's free

TkdWarrior

me too, talking about it is always an opening for someone to
    flame you though...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

the topic of chi is almost turning into one of those " do you think tupac is really dead" questions. Personally, I do believe chi exists as an energy source, and that people can "channel" their chi into a technique. Just no one I've ever seen. As far as the spirit bomb thing goes.... well .... remember, baby steps.

I saw a guy do soft breaks on a stack of 3 2" cap blocks.
    Broke the bottom one on the first strike, then the middle
    then the upper one.
    A wushu guy on a show WMAC masters did this once. It's a cool trick, but I don't think it's "chi". Did they he use spacers?

No spacers.

4-6" drop with an open palm, minimal physical force with the palm
    or body, the shoulder was not above the arm meaning that
    there was no push with the body.

but, like I said, I'm sure I imagined it.

Oh come on.... that break is too easy. Only when I perform this task, I prefer to break the middle brick first. In fact, I've perfected it to a level where I strike the stack of bricks, and instead of breaking one of the bricks in my stack, a brick from someone else's stack in another county mysteriously shatters. That's chi in action.

what does it matter...

unless you can do it on command then what use is it? Can you **** on command? If someone jumped in front of you and said he was going to kick yer ass , could you **** right there? Probably not.. so unless they can shoot their chi on command then what good is it. If I or anybody else can still punch them in the head then it is pretty much a useless combat skill. If its bad for you then i'd say its an even more useless skill....
    Michael Panzerotti
    Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..

Leave my bricks alone, dam mit.

you got your own, these are mine.

Smile it's true...

I saw Van Dam do this in a movie once...break the bottom brick that is.

Sometimes I believe in chi sometimes i dont. lately i believe chi is really when an excellent martial artist performs a technique on a lesser skilled individual and awes that person. for example, dr yang performs a chin na finger, arm or neck lock and it 'shocks' the person so that they cannot move. it locks their body and dr yang barely used any strength. It's technique, but some may consider that chi.

Another example would be my aikido instructor effortlessly flipping me onto my arse...again, technique, but so beautifully executed, you can believe it's chi.

Does that make sense?

Truly,
    Godzilla

To be serious, I've seen someone move a ball around in their stomachs and say they were moving their chi.

I've seen dr yang touch a guy's shoulder and his whole arm went dead.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by Souljah
    didnt take long for this to get mocked.

why is it any chi threads get ripped and have a dragonballz reference in almost every thread?

Its like theres some sort of KFO brigade that hunts down any chi-related threads and are sent to DESTROY!!!

in answer to the original question, havent seen anyone do it myself, but have spoken to a few people who say they have. The things they say are much like what you mentioned with the heat without contact.
    Oh I believe in chi and all that, however I am a skeptic about firing it out of finger tips like a weapon.
    I have a signature.

Every time you fart you are literally firing qi out of your craphole.

But I guess y'all don't mean that...
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

How come you can say Craphole, but you can't say Far.ther?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a