Thread: ATT: Suntzu and Shaolintiger

ATT: Suntzu and Shaolin Tiger00

Are there any san shou events coming up in the Baltimore/DC area? Is there a web page to track these events in the area?

Not looking to compete. Just a spectator.
    Last edited by Stranger; 01-14-2003 at 02:49 PM.
    Monkey vs. Robot

I hope so… GM Huang will have his tourny in July(I think)…Kuoshu/San shou its all hitting people…

… and u could always come workout with us… we mix it up pretty well during sparring…
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Nothing until July, huh?

What if I was willing to travel to Philadelphia, any sooner options?

PS Great signature quote.
    Monkey vs. Robot

Philly - nope.

Huge sanshou tournament in February at the Arnold Classic in Columbus Ohio.

After that??

ST didn’t I see something on Coach Ross's site about Pittsburg or somewhere closer like that… I'll check tommorrow… I got a date with a treadmill… oh yeah… I'll e-mail u tommorrow… u got knowledege that I need to pluck from…

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Thanks fo the offer on the sparring, but I'm looking to watch, not actually have it done to me. I've seen a tape of draka fights (Russia's answer to san shou), and those guys look too tough for me .
    Monkey vs. Robot

Draka is/was cool… are they back in business???

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

I have no idea how old the fights were on the tape that I saw. The fights were very rough.

David Ross had contact info for a (the?) draka organization on his links page, but it is not there anymore. I wouldn't take that as a sign that they are definitely gone, as it looks like the links page was re-worked and some active pages were edited out.

I've seen footage of Cung Le on TLC and some Shootboxing, but that is it for the whole family of arts related to san shou in rule format. I love watcing combat sports live, so I thought san shou might be a good sport for me to start searching for live viewing opportunities.
    Monkey vs. Robot

I wish I could see more myself… san shou is still tryin to make a name for itself… even a lot of full contact fighter never heard of it… I was at one show… and 2 of our fighters didn't have a match-up so at the end… the promoters let them get in the ring a and 'fight' each other... so there were doing SS rules... the promoters didn't have a clue... i would've thot that they would atleast HEARD of it... but give it time... but if i have to fight American rules one more time

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET