Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W.T. in San Fransisco

W.T. in San Fransisco

Hi I'm hopefully going to be in San Francisco in mid March, does anyone know the address of the W.T. school in the bay area? as I would like to attend/take part in a lesson, does anyone train there, thanks in advance
    Regards
    Peter

In the area

Hello Peter,
    If you would like to visit a Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun School, you can go to this site for contact information:

www.hungfayi.com

Their kwoon is in the San Fran area.

Regards,
    -Savi.

Hi Savi,
    thanks for your reply, but as I do Leung Ting Wing Tsun in England, I would like to go and visit the school there . I'm only going for a long weekend as it's my wife's birthday so I'll only get the chance to visit one school.
    regards
    Peter

PQS,

Here is our website.

http://www.bm-wingtsun.com/

Our class locations and times are posted there and you are more than welcome to visit/train while you are in SF.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Bay Mountain WT

Steve,

the Julia on your website- German lady? Been training for rather a while, came over with her 6SG or so? I think I met her and her husband back in '97 when I was visiting SF and doing some private lessons with Simon. If she's the lady in question, could you please pass my e-mail along to her- <razorbladekiss23@yahoo.com>.

TIA,

Andrew

PQS,

check <www.ebmas.net> for the EBMAS rep's contact info up there. Steve Buck is one of our students who's trying to get things going up in the Bay area, and is a very nice guy.

PM me if you wanna make a run down to LA.

Later,

Andrew

Wingtsunmonk
    thanks for the link will contact you and hope to see you in March
    Andrews
    don't think I'll get to LA but thanks for the invite
    regards
    Peter

PQS,

here are the schools authorized by grandmaster in the bay area:

http://www.leungtingwingtsun.net/locate.html#california

enjoy your visit and your training.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

PQS,

Not a problem. I bounce between the San Francisco classe and the San Rafael classe so there is a good chance our paths will cross when you get out here.

Look forward to meeting you.

AndrewS,

Yes, I believe you are speaking of the Julia I know of. I don't know her e-mail but I will pass your e-mail on when I see her next.

Talking

I've booked the holiday, I will be arriving in San Francisco on 03/13/03 and leaving on 03/20/03, as it's my wife's 40th birthday on the 17th and that's why we are going to San Fran I am not going to be able to train very often, maybe only the one class.
    Wingtsunmonk I've emaild your school address, and hopefully we can meet up.
    I will be staying at the Holiday Inn at Fishermans Wharf is that close to your school?
    Does anybody Know of any places to visit outside the obvious tourist haunts
    look forward to anyone who might want to meet up for a beer etc
    regards
    Peter

why, chinatown, of course. where else you gonna eat?
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Mmmmm, Bacon Sammiches and special fried rice
    regards
    Peter

NOT Chinatown, or fisherman's wharf

I don't recommend going to Chinatown to eat, because most of the places there are tourist traps that really stink. Same with Fisherman's Wharf, whis is even worse in terms of prices and food quality.

If you DO eat in Chinatown, then go to R&G (Kearny and Clay) -- it is a tad bit more expensive than the otherwise cheap prices, but the food is pretty good. For cheap noodles that are decent, try Utopia Cafe (Waverly and Washington). For OK fare that is a little overpriced, then try Washington Cafe (Washington and Kearny). There is also a nice little reasonably priced Vietnamese place on the west side of Portsmouth Square, as well. The frequently touted House of Nanking has super small servings of fake Chinese food. It isn't bad, though.

For good Chinese food, check out Clement Street in the Richmond or Irving Street in the Sunset; look in the windows of the various restaurants and see if Chinese are eating there! They aren't as easy to get to, though.

Have fun in SF!
    JK-
    "Sex on TV doesn't hurt unless you fall off."

Ken Chung's 2002 Wing Chun camp attendees ate here beforehand last year:

Parc Hong Kong Restaurant
    5322 Geary Boulevard
    San Francisco.
    tel. 415-668-8998
    (cross street 18th Ave.)

I thought it was very good and easy to find. Better than anything I've found in Chinatown.

You are invited to visit Ken's affiliated schools if you have time. 50 miles South of Frisco to San Jose Wing Chun.

Click here to visit the schools' websites

Regards,
    John Weiland
    "Et si fellitur de genu pugnat"
    (And if he falls, he fights on his knees)
    ---Motto of the Roman Legionary

"Aim at Heaven and you will get earth 'thrown in': aim at earth
    and you will get neither." --C. S. Lewis

Talking

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.
    I'm hoping to attend Bay Mountain school whilst I am there
    if you don't mind I'll post a link on my instructors site.
    Is the school anywhere near Fishermans wharf?
    and do they sell decent beer in America?
    Regards
    Peter

Originally posted by PQS

Is the school anywhere near Fishermans wharf?
    I don't know about the school's location, but you can get decent food at Fisherman's wharf at most of the little vendors. I can't vouch for the big restaurants, but I'm skeptical of the value/cost relationship.
    and do they sell decent beer in America?
    Yes, but like anywhere, the most popular brands aren't the best. Try a brew pub or boutique brewery offerings. My personal favorite is Red Hook ESB (extra special bitter).

Visit Redhook Brewery

Good luck and enjoy your visit.
    Uber Field Marshall Grendel

Mm Yan Chi Dai---The Cantonese expression Mm Yan Chi Dai, translates to "Misleading other people's children." The idiom is a reference to those teachers who claim an expertise in an art that they do not have and waste the time and treasure of others.

Wing Chun---weaponized Chi (c)