Thread: help with bone injury

help with bone injury

hi guys and gals...
    recently got into a fight during the ohio riots. i overcame my adversary completly but gave myself a small hair line fracture on the bone of my third finger...on the hand.....just bellow the knob part of the knuckle...the knucke we punch with in wing chun...i removed my sling weeks ago and started training again....have la loss of mobility of the third finger.....cant completly straighten.....what type of dit dar would help heal the bone??
    "i see thy nose, but not what dog to feed it to" othello

Do your Siu Lum Tao set.

Emphasize the fingers in forming a fist and also in straightening the hand for fingerstrikes.

Go SLOW and EASY. This will take time to heal.

If it is not healed don't train beyond.

If you see a traditional Chineese doctor he may give you herbs or a Jow made to help the problemed area.

Go slow and seek medical attention.

David

yes go find a good chinese medicine doctor. Western guys will give you a brace, but dont do that.

I crush my fist with other one in practice, the looser was my index finger with a little fracture.
    The inmovilization was not necessary but it takes more than a year for the pain to go. Finger are your jewels, they are very fragile and you canīt train muscle on it.

There is a herb called Comfrey (also known as knitbone) I have used it many times and it is a firm favourite with me and I have recommended it to various people in the past. Be careful if you use the raw herb as it tends to stain everything green! but otherwise it is fine. I have also seen it sold in health/herb shops sold as a solution or a cream.

Cheers

Outcast

You can take a calicum complex supplement to help enchance your recovery time, Bone Defense from Kal or Bone Power from Nature's Plus are good products as they contain magnesium, boron, and other valuable bone-reinforcing nutrients.

Make sure you eat food high in calicum and vitamin D, stuff like dark leafy vegetables, broccoli, dandelion greens, kale, oysters, salmon, soybeans are also good, but you should consume whole grain grains and calicum foods at different times, as whole grains contain a substance that binds with calicum and prevents its uptake.

Another nutrient to look at in your healing would be upping your vitamin C requirements, which IMHO is the most important vitamin, its important for collagen and connective tissue formation.

Hope this helped.
    Regards

Re: help with bone injury

Originally posted by byond1
    hi guys and gals...
    recently got into a fight during the ohio riots. i overcame my adversary completly but gave myself a small hair line fracture on the bone of my third finger...on the hand.....just bellow the knob part of the knuckle...the knucke we punch with in wing chun...i removed my sling weeks ago and started training again....have la loss of mobility of the third finger.....cant completly straighten.....what type of dit dar would help heal the bone??
    First, thou shall not fight.

Second, if you have faith with slt and relax your hand, fingers while doing the huen, lap.. circle and bil jee. qi will flow and...don't use force at all. remember the snake moving slowly and gradually? that's the way. like water washing the shore. soon even stone penetrated.

third, massage it with tien chi dit dar wine daily. but you need to paste with the dit da plaste from chinese herb store for 3 weeks or so.

fourth, no sex for 21 days to build up the healing energy.

belive it or not

who said slt wont heal but then who live until enternity?

Hendrik
    Last edited by Phenix; 02-01-2003 at 11:20 PM.

thanks everyone for your great responce.....
    the dit dar that i use is a from my si sook john crecione...and contains comfrey....so it has helped.....

phenix---i believe in slt and will use this to heal....the sae ying sao from fok bo chuns slt has really been helping me along with biu tze done slow....with huen stretching my tendons.....
    no sex??????????????????????//lol... well i dont ejaculate( more info than most of you wanted im sure ,,lol) but still orgasm during sex......but draw my chi up my spine to my head and than back to my lower dan tien....so i dont loose any of my original jing/chi.
    "i see thy nose, but not what dog to feed it to" othello

Originally posted by byond1

no sex??????????????????????//lol... well i dont ejaculate( more info than most of you wanted im sure ,,lol) but still orgasm during sex......but draw my chi up my spine to my head and than back to my lower dan tien....so i dont loose any of my original jing/chi.

When the mind move, the Shen has already hurt. Can't cover the ears and steal the bell right?

"sex act bring up fire... one feel the body ... burn by fire..."
    " the desire of Sex didn't clear out, one will not be able to leave the dust of reincarnation" --- Surangama sutra

Hendrik
    Last edited by Phenix; 02-13-2003 at 02:23 AM.

A poulice of Comfrey root works well for bone mending.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!