Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you actually study and why??

Cool Do you actually study and why??

I study for good health, to respect my Sifu and the masters before him that worked so hard for the developement of the art, and to preserve a part of tradtional culture that should not be lost.
    I will always be a student

I guess that it really depends on what you mean by study. I study Tae Kwon Do because I never get tired or bored of it and I wish to run my own Dojang someday. I'll probably keep studying it till I'm to old to move. I guess this means that I'm a student but does it mean I'm a true student? I don't do it to preserve any type of honor in my masters lineage and what not. I simply do it beacause it makes me happy and eventually because I want it to make others happy.

TKD

I train because, well, I like to train. I also like to compete. MA training is a constant test against both myself and others. I don't compete to win though, I only compete to compete. Matter of factly, I give my trophies, medals, etc. to my parents because my mom likes to display them.

Have you ever beaten street fighter II with Ryu? there is a sentence in his ending that describes me perfectly:

"winning means nothing to him; the fight is everything."
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Guile and Blanka had stupid endings i that game. So did ken... now that I'm thinking about it. A wedding? awww how cute... What the hell kinda ending is that? Sagat's wasnt bad.

Anyways, to answer your question, I train because I honestly don't think I can stop. For the past 13 yrs , the longest I've ever been able to put it down is 6 months... and it eats away at me while I'm not training. Like a crack fiend in rehab. I'm just addicted. Sometimes I love training, sometimes I hate it. But I can't imagine going with out it. I guess that's what happens when your parents force you to go tkd class when you're 7 yrs old. lol

Self definition.

care to explain that one?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by ricksitterly
    Guile and Blanka had stupid endings i that game. So did ken... now that I'm thinking about it. A wedding? awww how cute... What the hell kinda ending is that? Sagat's wasnt bad.

the endinga that really sucked were rose and charlie (SF Alpha II)

How the heck are you gonna die, get beat up, etc. In your own ending??

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

The endings to Tekken 3 were cool.

that whole silent film feel. Jin's was cool. He's the one who turns into the devil guy with wings at the end right, and smashed his dad through the wall...right?.

Chicks

Smile Practice

There are so many benefits of practice. Concentration, health, better understanding of nature and human beings(and maybe the understanding that humans are not apart from nature) developing intimacy through perceiving others energy, and possibly getting closer to enlightenment.
    Respect to that which is not born and does not die

I'm guessing your a buddhist...right?
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

I train to better myself.
    I do it because i love martial arts, its almost my whole life(next to surfing ) I do one day want to open a dojo but other than that I do it to be the best I can be.
    Oh yeah and to find the state of mushin too
    Go Surf!
    Train hard and work hard to gain mastery.
    Do not train and you gain nothing.
    Spread good karma!!! Because if you dont, you get hit by bad karma!!!
    Then you will step in dog crap!!!=)
    Karate's better!!!

13. Thumbs up

I found Ryu´s ending a bit moronary.
    The game was legendary,still is but I guess it is reasonable to expect that considering that as in these games,the peeps gather round to smack each other for funny excuses.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

I train because I love it and can't see living without it. I intend to practice until I drop.

Also without training I would be a fat slob!
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein

I trained then because I wanted to fly--tkd.

I trained then because it spoke to me--kung fu.

I train now because it's a part of who I am.
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.