Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I just want to have the right to not fear for the security of my house

Originally posted by rogue
    L Cow, I use the alarms are more for my benefit. We had our house alarm go off while we were out and not one neighbor showed up to check on it.
    I know it is a sad state of affairs, most of those alarms need to be tied into a "Response center" for anybody to react.

And than you can have the other affairs where the response team rocks up and help themselves to some of your stuff to supplement their low income too.
    Seen it done in a few countries.

update

i was at library, came back for food before, and i saw the guy open teh gate, go into the garden, and leg it over his wall when he saw me. this was at about 6:30-7pm, it was pitch black outside. he faffed about a for about 20 secs, then went inside.

i could have gone out, but by the time i would have got the key, unlocked etc, he would been gone.

so i went ****ing mental and moved all my stuff to my sisters house who lives in a nice area. it's in a spare room at the moment until i figure out what to do with all of the stuff. i'll think about it after the exams which i have tomorrow (today, in a few hours!) and on weds. most likely option is pay 300 quid for insurance (serpent that 20quid insurance doesn't cover specific things, it only covers crappy stuff) and just keep my laptop with me, as that is the thing that has personal stuff on it.

souljah - i am from london but i am in cardiff studying at the moment.

laughing cow - i already have those plug timer switch thingies in my house.

RD - i'm positive it was a cop. it's really very od isn't it?

yenhoi, how in the **** am i being a little bit.ch?

i really don't need this right now - i have an exam in like 6 hours, i haven't slept, i haven't been able to revise. I'm gonna have to do an allnighter. I'm gonna fail doh.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

One word:

Firebomb.

Think about it.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

I have to disagree on the state of alarms - while living in a reputably dodgey area in Melbourne, my car got broken into 3 times while in my garage (yes .. yes... stupid me)

After the 3rd time, I finally clocked in, and bought myself an alarm for my car.

I only had to walk downstairs once when it went off, and then my car was never touched ever again.

I've never had a problem since.

My theory being - why touch my car which has an alarm, when you can go after others? Ditto for houses.

Still - can never go past a big dog. Not only do dogs make great companions, you can help out the (R)SPCA, and give a new lease of life to a older stray dog.

(Can you tell I love my dog?)

We have a 40kg German Shepard who would rather hide under the table than attack you, but she sure gives a **** good bark from behind a fence. I know I wouldn't wanna take the chance with a dog like that if I didn't have to.

Just my 2c.

Good luck on your exams!!!

Neurotic
    'If someone wants to fight you, run a mile. If they are still behind you after that, run another mile. If they still want to fight, and it is really worth it, turn around and beat the living !*$!% out of them, 'cause they will be really tired.'

i too think a dog is a great idea, but its not always very practical for a student. sharky aint going to live there forever and its a ***** to try to get and apartment that allows dogs.

how much is 40kg? im a stupid american. cant remember the equation to convert it.

i have a 90lb (40kg) shepard myself. he's only 9 months old and is only 10 lbs shy from outweighing my girlfriend.
    where's my beer?

Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    how much is 40kg? im a stupid american. cant remember the equation to convert it.

i have a 90lb (40kg) shepard myself. he's only 9 months old and is only 10 lbs shy from outweighing my girlfriend.

You're weird!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Guys, i am not getting a dog.

And GDA, indeed that was a wierd thing to write

Man i'm so tired I want to goto bed but it's 5:22am and my exam is at 9am and i know **** all

you've moved the stuff - now keep it gone. back up everything that you have on your laptop in case they end up stealing it. Now, the only concern is saftety, right? Educate the muppet and your other housemate (don't you have two?) on basic awareness, and keep watch on the house.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by Sharky
    Guys, i am not getting a dog.

And GDA, indeed that was a wierd thing to write

Man i'm so tired I want to goto bed but it's 5:22am and my exam is at 9am and i know **** all
    Yeah. He dates enough dogs; he certainly doesn't want to own one.

Sharks, you know more than you realise. Relax and access your subconsious mind.

Originally posted by SevenStar
    you've moved the stuff - now keep it gone. back up everything that you have on your laptop in case they end up stealing it. Now, the only concern is saftety, right? Educate the muppet and your other housemate (don't you have two?) on basic awareness, and keep watch on the house.
    And remember... firebomb.

I ain't dating nobody, not even dogs.

Think how many girls you meet on a Comp Sci course

Although after the exams on weds... hide your missus, protect your sisters, cover that ass!

I am so tired i want to cry.

Firebomb a house that is attached to your own?

Clever.

sometimes i find things funny that no one in the world possibly could, but it doesnt stop me from saying them.
    where's my beer?

Originally posted by Sharky
    Firebomb a house that is attached to your own?

Clever.
    You didn't say it was a terrace, ya monkey! You need a tactical firebomb for that.

Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    sometimes i find things funny that no one in the world possibly could, but it doesnt stop me from saying them.
    Ah, it was a joke! Fair enough then. I thought it was the bong talking.