Thread: Hand Combos

Hand Combos

Hi all

I have been increasing thrust into a full contact training... I have a compet lack.. or .. breakdown.. of body shots.. What is your favorite HAND COMBINATION.. to the body...

..Thank You for your input

G

I am too tall to do most straight shots w/o leaning down so I focus on upper cuts and body hooks to bring their guard down... then I go headhunting. I tend to mix my body shots with sudden elbows to the head.... lovely.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

jab (head) /cross to the body / body hook

jab (head) / cross / hook /bodyhook (same hand you threw the first hook with)

Most of the combos you do to the head can also be done to the body.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

The good old 1-2........3456789
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

If Wing Chun was a man, he would be The Man...

Laugh at Martial Joe

Isn't that what we all strive for..

Today I was at Dave n Busters (kinda like a adult arcade).. they had this game where you stood in a sensor area and boxed and it kept track of you calorie burn.. you could duck.. jab..upper cuts.. and the 12345678910111213.. 30.. although it was computer simulated.. it was pretty kool..
    Lost: i tend to do the headhunting thing also.. have had pretty good results
    7* thanks for some ideas..

G

A favorite hand combo-

Off of your opponent's jab, parry inward with right hand and throw left hook to midsection at same time. The striking hand circles up to trap as you throw a right hook to opponent's ribs. Then either push their arm down with left hand and cross to head or shoot in a left uppercut to head. Or both.
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein

hook to the body...then hook to the head with the same hand. Tyson use to do it all the time.
    A

Well

If Tyson did it then it must be good.... in due respect.. thanks I can try that in my next training session..

G

keep it coming

How's about hook to the body, then hook to the back of the head which becomes a neck surround?

Or hook to the head, then hook to the body, then go for the hip toss? With an obligatory Ho Ti kick out of course!
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Hand techniques

I try to be flexible in combat; it's fallacial to subscribe to just one strategy when fighting. I'll throw a punch (or a kick or knee or elbow) where it will fit in.

But one idea I've been playing around with is, once I'm inside my opponent's defenses, a right forward one-two. Following my (left) two, I grab my opponent's left wrist and jerk it down as I follow the movement with a right hook to teh head and perhaps a left knee to the chest to follow.

The follow-ups are especially effective if the second (left) punch is blocked to the outside left, making the following grab easier.

Just playing with ideas, though.

I agree with sevenstar, the jab-cross-hook-hook-jab out is one of the best. If you're in the street, make sure you know how to hook without wraps/gloves before you hit someone. Without support for the wrist and hand, a hook can injure you more than the guy you hit. If Mike Tyson can break his hand with a perfect hook that has been practiced for 20 years, you can too. There is a way to hook and keep your hand relatively safe, however. It was practiced in the days when boxers fought barehand.
    "That is because you are stupid"
    -Zorro

You can hook with the fist vertical instead of horizontal - that helps to prevent "boxer's break" - breaking of the pinky knuckle.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by SevenStar
    You can hook with the fist vertical instead of horizontal - that helps to prevent "boxer's break" - breaking of the pinky knuckle.
    The boxing instructor at my gym actually insists on hooking with a vertical fist, gloves or not.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn