Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where is stealing the Peach?....

Young Mantis wrote:

Sometimes, the entire theme of the form designates it's name, not always a specific technique.

This is also true.
    B.T

Mr.Cottrell,
    Just for the record I should have said various people instead of various lineage's in mantis.... My Bad
    So to make things clearer
    ( I'll try to walk you through this ok so that you don't misunderstand what I'm saying....) I am aware that the CCM line is the only one to have this move! But I only became aware of this after watching the WHF version of this form.

I may have been a bit hasty in how I used my wording in my initial thread that doesn't give you the right to jump all over me & try to make me look like a liar.... ( But then again thats on you if thats the way you feel ) I find it quite offensive that you would attempt to make everyone believe that my intention were less than honorable ( perhaps you're still upset about our last incident ? )

Regardless of how you may feel towards me personally there's no denying that this was an interesting topic. It's not everyday that you see some of the top Sifus from at least 3 different lineages. You being one of them sharing their perspectives on one topic on a public forum for the benefit of others. Which by the way is a good thing so all in all I would have to say that this thread served it's purpose....

By the way thanks for the kind words....

Peace
    Last edited by RAYNYSC; 01-29-2003 at 04:45 PM.
    RAYNYSC

YM and Sifu Tunks,

I agree with both of you wholeheartedly. YM, you are correct in pointing out that many of the sets share the same techniques. Your comparison between Sup Ba Sao and Dar Gung are points well taken. Yet, would it not be a bit odd had these very same movements NOT been in the form Dar Gung ? Why were they inserted into THIS particular form? The move is also in Moi Fah Lok but like I said before the "falling fists" aspect is what is being stressed in that form.

Let's take Tong Long Suen Bo as another example. In our line there is a move toward the end of this form that clearly illustrates the SUEN BO ( Whirling Step ). Without mentioning any names I have seen the form played minus that move. I'll be honest, I have never seen this form played by a WHF practitioner so I will ask you guys. Do you have a Whirling Step move at the end of this form? After all that has been said on this thread it's no big deal if you don't but I hope you can see my point as far as our line is concerned.

I will admit that there are some forms that do not have a distinct , clear , obvious move ( technique ) for the form's name. However, in my experience so far there are more that do than do not.

Yours in Gung Fu ,

Pablo AKA Loki
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING YOUR BODY

Just to add another small point.
    Though the movement originally in question may or may not be present in said form, it is still a genuine Tanglang move (unless I am mistaken from the description)?
    B.T

Mod Input

I would like to thank those of you that have patronized this thread & I hope that you have gained knowlege from it.
    There have been several questions raised , theories pointed out & techniques referenced that desrve their own threads. If further discussion is wished upon these, I humbly request that they are posted elsewhere as derogotory responces such as,"( I'll try to walk you through this ok so that you don't misunderstand what I'm saying....), are non-productive.
    Therefore I shall close this thread in hopes that other informative threads shall sprout from it.
    Thank you NPM,LawClansmen,MantisifuFW,B.Tunks,Loki & all others that contributed to this thread.
    Last edited by BeiTangLang; 01-30-2003 at 09:10 AM.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!