Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hing Kung training

Hing Kung training

I am interested in starting training in the art of hing kung. This lightness technique requires 10yrs. (worst case scenario) to master. Sadly, I have such time to spare. So with that said I would like to open up any and all legitimate and sceptical discussions regarding all aspects of the art. Validity and possibility of such feats involved with the technique are cool but lets keep in mind that the imagination is fragile and it is narrow mindedness that holds back the true practitioners. Keep your art alive!

My question regards the use of a 100lb. earthen vessel i.e. clay pot. I have checked for rainwater collection jars in 2 diff. languages and a bunch of other outlets from gardening stores and pottery shops, but cant find where to get one. Any ideas for a web search or something else. I am open to guesses even.
    NP.

Sorry to hear you have spare time. Try a google search on terra cotta. I'm sure I've seen terra cotta planters in that size.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Thanks Guohuen, hopefully this will turn up something useful. The term sounds familiar but file not found in my brain. I will soon be posting a description of the Hing Kung technique for those who are not familiar. It will include abilities and the actual training regiment involved. I am new as you know, so I apologize to the previous 44 viewers for the lack of interesting info. Peace, and may your Iron Palms never twist off a nipple.
    NP.

Sadly, I have such time to spare.
    Did I miss something? How is lots of free time a bad thing?

may your Iron Palms never twist off a nipple.
    that sentence just brought a smile to my face on a gloomy day - thanks!

What exactly do you mean by Hing Kung? i know of Qing Gong which is light body skill... but that happens gradually as you develop good qigong and MA skill... it makes your posture better, body become lighter as you are stronger and your mind/emotions in lighter spirits. my hard qigong develops this thru good training and practise, and im sure many good skills do also

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Fill a 100lb., big-bellied jar with water. Walk around the rim of the vessel until agile. Add weight to the body as you gradually increase weight and empty water from the jar. One would then move to a reed basket filled with rocks and follow the same. Then on to the sand path and rice paper, which involves one practicing movements on the path without shredding the paper. Finally, remove the paper and master leaving no prints in the sand, all while still increasing weight. The longer you train, the more vast the possibilities. "...like gravity ain't even got me pressed." NP.
    NP.

Hey, isn't Akron, Ohio where Green Dragon Studios under John Allen is located? Are they still around?

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Iron Fist

Yes. The people who head Green Dragon learned martial arts from my sifu at Yee-Sing school of Quan Ying Do. (Grandmaster Feeman Ong was the founder). They do sign-ups in the halls of my university...like the army.
    NP.

Originally posted by dezhen2001

that sentence just brought a smile to my face on a gloomy day - thanks!

What exactly do you mean by Hing Kung? i know of Qing Gong which is light body skill... but that happens gradually as you develop good qigong and MA skill... it makes your posture better, body become lighter as you are stronger and your mind/emotions in lighter spirits. my hard qigong develops this thru good training and practise, and im sure many good skills do also

dawood
    same word, just different dialect

those d.amn dialects again huh?
    gong hei faat choi buddy

dawood

So what's the application of a skill like this? To leave no tracks? Fight in Bamboo like CTHD? Not taking the ****, genuinely interested in your motives.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

well, healthy body, flexibility, good structure to support your weight = healthy person. person who wont get walking problems (hopefully) when older and has more energy to do everyday things.

nuff said imo.

dawood

But you can achieve all that without being able to walk on rice paper!

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Prana, to answer your question, your quote sez it all.

Serpent, D2G1 is correct. I have knee and foot problems and nothing seems to help. Doctors get nothing on x-rays. It was mostly due to an injured leg, putting weight on the other, then injuring THAT leg, weight on the other and injuring the first one again. The circumstances under which each incident occurred couldn't be helped. CTHD is a good example but a cheesy application. I think of it's practicality, if I were to go rooftop hopping I'd catch a bullet in the back- or everybody curious or scared of the abilities such an advanced technique entails poking and prodding at me.
    NP.

Talking

ooops

wrong person
    Sorry for absense, lots happening.