Thread: A Question for San Soo folks (Jimmy Woo's line)

Question A Question for San Soo folks (Jimmy Woo's line)

Recently i had read an article about Jimmy Woo actually being a descendent of Chan Heung and that its a lineage of Choy Lay Fut. I know that for a while San Soo's alternative monicker was/is Tsoi Li Ho Fut Hung.

So my question is that has this always been the case with the claim to Chan Heung and CLF? How are the differences reconciled in that San Soo looks nothing like CLF yet its supposed to be a direct line to Chan Heung?

Peace

I read that artical in kungfu mag. and was a little skeptical. I don't doubt that there is a choy li fut connection but the history was a little off. As I recall he had chan koon pak as a teacher and chan huerng was mentioned as "crazy devil chan" or something. I believe that chan huerng would have been dead at the dates mentioned. If I'm wrong I appologize but it seemed to me that the author may have had some of the dates and facts mixed up.

After thinking about the possible choy li fut connection I had to re-read that article on Jimmy woo and san soo. That lead me to look further into it and this is what I was able to come up with.

The connection comes from a great uncle of master woo named chan siu hung. Now chan siu hung was not an actual blood relative of chan huerng he considered him a member of his family. He also received his training from chan huerng. As for the lack of resemblace of choy li fut I could not say. I'll leave that to the people that actually train in the style.