Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Worst Thread in the World

Smile

A little hint to help make this the worst thread in the world. Mention Mama, trains, prison and BJJ vs JKD.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere

Re: OH YEAH?!

Originally posted by ZIM
    Take that!
    I remember someone once posted this on emptylfower. After that i requested my buddy Felipe to develop a kung fu name for me:
    Spanking Monkey Fist!
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Originally posted by eulerfan
    There are actually different kinds of irony. The term 'irony' is an umbrella term used to indicate that something in ONE of the following:

Situational irony. This is when what happens is the opposite of what you would expect to happen. A good example of this would be an olympic swimmer drowning in his bathtub.

Verbal Irony. This is when what is said is the opposite of what is meant. This can also be referred to as sarcasm. An example of this would be, "Eulerfan, your lesson on irony is so very interesting."

Dramatic Irony. This is a literary device. The audience is aware of something the characters don't know. An example of this would be when Romeo thinks Juliet is dead but the audience knows she is simply drugged.
    I always thought it was ironic that Alanis' song called "Ironic" did not sing at all about irony and therefore it is ironic.

Is anyone else confused?

I always loved the scene in Reality Bites where Winona can't explain irony but Ethan can (in a flash). Classic cinema moment.

Now, if this isn't the worst thread in the world, which one is?

Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Talking

I'm liking "Burning Eunuch kung-fu" and the "Fortunate Virgin spear" set!

Of course, for Alanis Marmosette, try here.

I'm getting:

"Will to Live"

I feel miserable
    Trains make me ill
    I feel miserable
    Prisons tear at my foundations
    I feel miserable
    BJJ is dragging me down to the depths of misery
    I want to die

Is it because of mama that I feel this way?
    With the red rays of misery pounding on my brain?
    Or am I lost in tale of Sartre, adrift far from home
    I don't think so, I don't think so.

Xebby Broke My Will to Live
    I was getting better but then

I feel miserable
    JKD rots the flesh from my bones
    I feel miserable
    Kung fu defeat my purpose
    I feel miserable
    ZIM is doing his best to impale my soul
    I want to die

Is it because of mama that I feel this way?
    With the red rays of misery pounding on my brain?
    Am I lost in tale of Sartre, adrift far from home
    I don't think so, I don't think so.

Oh God, Xebby Broke My Will to Live
    I was getting better but then
    Last edited by ZIM; 01-22-2003 at 03:30 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Is it ironic that this thread is not, in fact, the worst thread in the world? Not even a tribute...?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    Dude, i made this one from Jennifer Lopez's from the block song thing

I'm still
    I'm still Xebby from the block
    Used to have no wimmins and still dont have
    No matter where i go i know i will get none

sing along
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    The Basic Refrigerant Cycle

(see pic below)

Basic refrigeration system:

Starting at the compressor;

Low pressure vapor refrigerant is compressed and discharged out of the compressor.

The refrigerant at this point is a high temperature, high pressure, superheated vapor.

The high pressure refrigerant flows to the condenser by way of the "Discharge Line".

The condenser changes the high pressure refrigerant from a high temperature vapor to a low temperature liquid and leaves through the "Liquid Line".

The high pressure refrigerant then flows through a filter dryer to the Thermal Expansion valve or TXV.

The TXV meters the correct amount of liquid refrigerant into the evaporator.

As the TXV meters the refrigerant, the high pressure liquid changes to a low pressure, low temperature, saturated vapor.

This saturated vapor enters the evaporator and is changed to a low pressure dry vapor.

The low pressure dry vapor is then returned to the compressor in the "Suction line".

The cycle then starts over.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Dustin Diamond

Samuel 'Screech' Powers

Born: January 7, 1977 in San Jose, CA

While in the fifth grade, Dustin landed the role as 8th grader Samuel "Screech" Powers in the television series "Good Morning, Miss Bliss." His character was carried over when the series evolved into "Saved by the Bell." Dustin also appeared somewhat frequently in the television series "The Wonder Years," and is currently a main cast member in "Saved by the Bell, The New Class." Despite rumors, he is not related to Beastie Boy Mike D.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    serpent, that was low.....

to compensate

Fairuza Balk

just baaaaad........
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

What is the difference between a dolphin and a porpoise? They are both mammals, and are very closely related. The porpoises have a rounded head, while the dolphins have a protruding snout. They are smaller members of the toothed whale family, to which killer whales and sperm whales belong.

To complicate things, there are a couple of fish which are also called dolphins. I assume that these are sometimes called "dolphin fish" to avoid confusion. But, the well-known dolphins are those cute mammals, like Flipper (who is a bottle-nosed dolphin).

Mammals have hair, breath air, give birth to live babies (platypuses and echidnas lay eggs), and feed milk to their young. Whales breath air (they can hold their breaths for long times), give birth to live babies, and feed milk to their young. Where is their hair? Evidently, they have a small amount of hair around their blow-holes, those holes, in the top of their heads, that they breath through.

The toothed whales are among the most intelligent of all animals. The killer whale (orca) apparently has a brain mass to body mass ratio (a rough measure of intelligence) which is greater than that of humans. Incidentally, while toothed whales are predators, there is no record of any killer whale ever having killed a human being.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

WHAT ARE THE ADRENAL GLANDS?
    The adrenal glands are golden-yellow triangle or crescent shaped glands which are attached to the top of each of your two kidneys. They are normally about 3 x 5 x 1 cm in size. Each gland had a cortex which surrounds the medulla. Each region of the gland is responsible for hormone production such as cortisol and aldosterone in the cortex and norepinephrine and epinephrine (adrenaline) in the medulla. The adrenal gland also manufactures some of the sex hormones.

WHEN IS ADRENAL SURGERY NEEDED?
    Surgical removal of the adrenal gland (adrenalectomy) may be recommended in situations of hormone overproduction or if there is a concern that a mass of the adrenal gland may be a cancer.

Three main situations exist where hormone overproduction is an indication to have an adrenalectomy. The first is Cushing's Syndrome in which excess steroid production (cortisol) is caused by a tumor of the adrenal cortex. The second is Conn's Syndrome in which a tumor of the same area produces excess aldosterone which may cause problems with high blood pressure and blood potassium levels. The third is a tumor of the medulla which is called a pheochromocytoma. This tumor may manufacture excess adrenaline and cause problems such as high blood pressure, excess sweating, tremor, and anxiety.

Sometimes an adrenal tumor is found incidentally during an ultrasound or CAT scan of the abdomen. Even if these tumors do not overproduce hormones and cause any of the problems above, adrenalectomy may be recommended due to the size or other characteristics of the mass. This is because of concern that the mass may be a cancer of the adrenal gland. Adrenal cancer is very rare, but adrenalectomy may be the only chance to cure the cancer. If the tumor is a cancer that has spread from another organ to the adrenal gland, that is not a good reason for adrenalectomy (with very few exceptions).

HOW IS ADRENAL SURGERY USUALLY PERFORMED?
    Adrenalectomy may be performed in two main fashions - an open procedure or a laparoscopic procedure. Open operations may be performed through the back (sometimes requiring partial removal of a rib), the flank, or the abdomen. Laparoscopic procedures use small telescopes and long instruments to remove the adrenal gland through a series of small incisions. Typically, patients having laparoscopic procedures have less pain and a more rapid recovery.

The method by which the adrenalectomy is performed depends on many factors including the specific disorder, tumor size, and general patient health. Laparoscopic adrenalectomy is not an appropriate operation if there is strong evidence that the tumor is an adrenal cancer.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Originally posted by Oso
    serpent, that was low.....

to compensate

Fairuza Balk

just baaaaad........
    Hubba hubba!

(Isn't that a stupid expression! )

WHO, WHAT, WHY, WHEN, WHERE.....?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Morris Federation is an association of self-governing Morris clubs, which aims to:

a) encourage and maintain interest in the practice of morris dancing by women and men of all ages

b) provide a channel of communication between member sides

c) encourage the improvement of standards of dancing among its members.

Any morris club which agrees with these aims is welcome to join as a Group Member. At the discretion of the Committee, other clubs performing related activities may also be admitted, provided they, too, accept these aims. There is also an Individual category for anyone wishing to maintain a personal contact, whether or not they are part of a side. Sides or individuals overseas may join as Overseas Members.Being a federation, much reliance is placed upon membership participation in order for it to function fully. Sides are invited to host events, and all MF members are encouraged to submit items for publication in the Newsletter and to help in the task of furnishing the library and archives with material.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Federation
    There was a dramatic rise in the number of women publicly dancing morris in the early 1970s, with several female Cotswold and NorthWest morris sides forming. This followed a period of three or four decades during which a 'male only' climate had been allowed and encouraged to prevail in morris circles. The emergence of female dancers was greeted with some hostility by those who considered it to be 'untraditional'. Only the Carnival Morris of the NorthWest, usually performed by teams of young girls, had continued as an example of public female morris during this time. This itself had been considered a deviation from the 'pure' tradition, rather than a continuation of it, and had been virtually dismissed by some as irrelevant anyway. It must be said that, while morris would appear always to have been a predominantly male pursuit, it was never exclusively so.The idea of an organisation to provide information and moral support for these newly formed women's sides was first mooted in 1973 and, following a period of informal contact, the Women's Morris Federation was officially inaugurated in October 1975.At first, much emphasis was placed on the historical validity of female morris, both by its exponents and its opponents. Later, the opinion expressed by many was that morris dancing should be seen and treated as a living, evolving tradition which of necessity reflects the society in which it plays a part. To try to preserve it exactly as it is at some arbitrary point in time would be to prevent it from taking its natural course, so fossilising it.The Federation thus began as an organisation for female sides only. In 1980, it opened its doors to mixed sides and in 1982 it became open to any morris side, regardless of gender. A year later, the word 'Women's' was dropped from the name. The Federation has always taken the view that the dances themselves are more important than the gender of the dancers who perform them. It seeks to encourage all who are interested to experience the pleasure of morris dancing and to strive for the highest standard of execution of which they are capable.

The Roots of the Dance
    Several theories have been put forward concerning the roots of morris dancing because of the lack of surviving information on the subject. There are a few references from before Tudor times which mention 'morisco' (Moorish) dances being performed at various locations in Europe, especially at European courts. In Tudor times, they seem to have been a common feature of holiday games and sports, the two terms 'morris' and 'morisco' both being used to refer to such activities. They have since been very much associated with seasonal festivities, particularly Mayday and Christmas. This has led some to suggest the dances to be a remnant of early, preChristian religious rites, but any evidence for this is seemingly absent. In addition, during the late 1880s there was a rise in interest in popular antiquities, mainly among the leisured classes. PreChristian pagan religions seemed to hold a popular fascination at the time and many of these amateur historians claimed links between paganism and nearly every surviving 'quaint' tradition, to the near exclusion of other possibilities. Many eminent and respected people also gave credence to this view with the result that, in some quarters, it has remained unchallenged since the turn of the century.At least one alternative explanation is that they were dances invented by the Moors, or by others in order to depict the Moors, brought through Europe to our courts, and that the common people, in trying to emulate the entertainments of the nobility, continued the practice long after the courts had lost interest.It is further confused by the diverse forms of dance and drama which have come down to us with the name of 'morris' in various parts of our country, and by apparently similar forms found in parts of Europe.The sad and rather dull fact is that no-one really knows.

Notation and Research
    Use of the Federation's Library and Archive is available to both members and nonmembers. The Library holds a certain amount of material which has been drafted into a suitable format and is readily available for issuing to enquirers. The Technical Officer can advise as to what the Library contains at any given time.The Archive contains the remainder. This can be material waiting to be properly drafted for issue to the Library, material not intended for general circulation but which is open for perusal, or material confidentially lodged for posterity. A video archive is held separately and copies of film for which MF holds the copyright can be supplied. Contact the Technical Officer for details of charges for Archive or Library use. Anyone wishing to search the Library or Archive personally should contact the Technical Officer in advance to make arrangements. For the video archive, contact the Secretary who can put you in touch with the current custodian. Research is encouraged at all levels into the background of morris dancing. As well as MF events, there are strong links with current researchers outside the Federation. An interest is maintained in all conferences and folk/dance research organisations.

Publications
    The Federation has published a number of books and will be producing more in the future. These will cover a wide range of suitable material, particularly dance notation. A separate leaflet is available from the Treasurer, which gives details of those currently available.

Membership of the Federation
    The Morris Federation has three categories of subscription:

GROUP membership for practising morris sides and, at the discretion of the Committee, clubs performing related activities

INDIVIDUAL membership for individuals

OVERSEAS membership for sides, clubs or individuals residing overseas

Benefits to members include:-

1. A copy of the MF newsletter each quarter

2. Access to music and dance notation at a privileged rate

3. The opportunity to attend Federation events (workshops etc)

4. The opportunity to attend and vote at such meetings as are specified in the Standing Orders for the particular category of membership

In addition, GROUP members resident in the UK are:

5. - covered by MF's Public Liability Indemnity policy, from the date their correct subscription and Registration Form are received. Briefly, member sides are automatically indemnified against any damages which they become liable, in law, to pay to a third party. (e.g. a member of the public, or a local authority) as a result of negligence being proved against them in court.

6. - entitled to join the Group Personal Accident insurance scheme. There are two opportunities each year to do this, at which times the necessary forms are circulated to member sides. For a small additional premium per head per annum, members of the side are covered for accidents occurring whilst performing, practising or travelling to or from an organised morris event. It pays out a Weekly Benefit to anyone totally prevented from carrying out their usual occupation for a fortnight or more. If anyone is actually killed, or loses the sight of an eye or loses a limb, a Benefit is also payable. An extension of the insurance is also available to cover overseas trips.

How to Join
    To become a member, please complete the relevant parts of a Registration Form and return it to the Treasurer, together with the appropriate subscription. (Insurance premiums should not be sent unless the appropriate form has been supplied. These are circulated routinely at two specific times each year.)

For ease of administration, all subscriptions fall due on 1st January each year and so a new member joining partway through a year is charged proportionately, depending on exactly when they join. (A past member who rejoins after a lapse of at least one year is treated as a new member for this purpose.)

Note: Volunteers run the Morris Federation in their spare time, so speed of response can vary. However, you should hear within a month or so of applying.

Ok, gone and done it.

I posted here and you can now officially declare this " The worst threat in the world".

Originally posted by Laughing Cow
    Ok, gone and done it.

I posted here and you can now officially declare this " The worst threat in the world".

What are you going to do?