Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Chan? Got Research? Got education?

Got Chan? Got Research? Got education?

Got Chan?

it is said in the six patriach sutra that

"figthing is the heart (mind) of Win or Lost
    That is against the Tao
    This type of heart (mind) give raise to You me race .. time
    How with this type of Heart (mind) can one uses it to enter Samadhi? "

Think about it. Is the Practice Got Chan basic?

Don't even have to go that far talks about Cuan Cen or Transmission of the School teaching or the Mind Seal of Da mo by who... lineage .....
    That simple.

Got Research?
    It is said that "pointing at deer and call it a horse".

This "pointing at deer and call it a horse" happen in ancient China when group of people decide to call a deer a horse for political reason of self benifit.

How close to fact is a research can be if the mentality is calling deer a horse?

Got the education?
    It is said that " love the junior"

This "love the junior" is an idea of confucian. Junior is the future. To educate the junior, Not filling them with delusion. Junior has tendency of reacting to defend their family impulsively without thinking.

How far can a junior progress without good foundamental understanding of the subject and training. How can the junior comprehend deeper scriptures?
    If the junior has no training and going around challenging with what the junior don't even have a clue. How sad is it? That is destroy the future. Smart words can't change facts. Challenging can't destroy facts.

Love the junior? that is the basic. It doesn't even has to go as far for lineage or who is in what position in a lineage. It doesnt matter. How can the junior carry on if the junior is lack of foundamental eduction and training? and with a always you are wrong, I am right attitude?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-21-2003 at 09:00 AM.

Hey!

Hendrik,
    Very good points you bring up Hendrik! I do not read any scriptures, but I understand what you are saying. Glad we see eye to eye on this.

My Sitaigung says: "If I give you a horse, don't give me back a mule."

This is in relation to the passing of information (all kinds of info). It is tradition in my kung fu family to follow this saying; not to change anything that is taught to you, as it has been passed down to them.

Can you imagine someone changing the Chan scriptures just to fit their understanding of it? UNTHINKABLE!!!

"Sometimes, what is Chan cannot be said, for it will no longer be."

That's all...
    -Savi.

--Can you imagine someone changing the Chan scriptures just to fit their understanding of it? UNTHINKABLE!!!

**The next time you find Hendrik asking why and how and when, don't answer. Hendrik has all the answers under his hat.

--"Sometimes, what is Chan cannot be said, for it will no longer be."

**Well said.

--That's all...
    -Savi.

**hey brother, that's more than Hendrik can chew. LOL!

Nice to see you back Hendrik. I still don't know why Rolling_Hand is chasing you around, still don't care.

Thumbs up Welcome back Hendrik

Nice indeed.

As to Junior Roger Rolling Hand, what do you expect for a 12 year old?

I held out hope when he actually contributed a post about a wing chun book. Short lived I guess.

Originally posted by [Censored]
    Nice to see you back Hendrik. I still don't know why Rolling_Hand is chasing you around, still don't care.
    David Williams
    http://www.wingchun.com
    Kim sut, Lok ma, Ting yu, Dung tao, Mai jiang

Junior David,

Remember the times in your life

When nature has given you solace.

Hmmm...

It's time for you to go home

And relearn the SLT from your Sifu

BTW,

Say hi to Sifu Ken for me.

Humm...
    Last edited by Rolling_Hand; 01-21-2003 at 05:07 PM.

good to see you Hendrik!

I find your post quite interesting. Scripture can be a very interesting topic! I say to that some insist that they have a horse to offer even knowing it's a product of a horse and donkey! The mule is sterile and cannot produce a horse nor a donkey or even another mule for that matter. This relates very much to WCK! Polotics and all LOL!

Savi,
    Your words are great treasures for the mind! but only for those who grasp them and not understand them in a fixed context. I really enjoy how you have pointed out how things are not all that they seem. do you think he got it?

Hendrik- can one have Chan with out scripture?? to quote scripture (assuming in the correct context) does this give on Chan? is this proof of Chan? what do you think?

watch me fling the diamond sutra into a fire
    "i see thy nose, but not what dog to feed it to" othello

Originally posted by byond1
    watch me fling the diamond sutra into a fire

Great fire to generate light in the dark night.

Then,
    I will burn scripture of White Crane
    I will burn Scripture from Emei
    I will burn Scripture of SLT...
    to make light until the Sun rise.....

When the Sun has raised ... even though, the blind will not see.

Spring will return soon... it is january.

Great fire to generate light in the dark night.

Then,
    I will burn scripture of White Crane
    I will burn Scripture from Emei
    I will burn Scripture of SLT...
    to make light until the Sun rise.....

When the Sun has raised ... even though, the blind will not see.

Spring will return soon... it is january.

------------------------------------------------

Think about the last time

You listened to your inner voice,

What did it say?

*No place like home*

Hendrik (Hendrik Santo) and *Hsanto* are coming home tonight.

Btw,

Have you expanded the circle of your Ch'an over the past year?
    Last edited by Rolling_Hand; 01-21-2003 at 08:32 PM.

Welcome back Hendrik.

Hi Hendrik,

Welcome back!

(BTW - I'm a web designer, and I would find it funny if a person or group of people who weren't, but were bakers and told the ingredients they made their bread with were bought online from a web-site, came online to argue with me about HTML code. But that's neither here nor there.)

Rene,

Rene Ritchie wrote:

(BTW - I'm a web designer, and I would find it funny if a person or group of people who weren't, but were bakers and told the ingredients they made their bread with were bought online from a web-site, came online to argue with me about HTML code. But that's neither here nor there.) RR

Rene, I am offended by your tone! Don't you understand that anyone and everyone can be a Chan master nowadays? Even you, you poor misguided miscreant. Since "Chan exists outside the scriptures" anything we say can be Chan. You just need a little practice. Say things like "you need to empty your cup" to anyone that disagrees with you or "sometimes, what is Chan cannot be said, for it will no longer be" when you can't think of a reply. Other Chan masters will understand; those that don't are fools. In other words, Chan is all about attitude -- acting like you know it all when in fact you haven't a clue. I once mistakenly believed that because I never studied under a recognized Chan master of a verifiable lineage but only read some websites on "Dark Zen" that I could not be a Chan master; but this is not the case. So just because Hendrik was a long-time disciple of a recognized Chan master of a recognized lineage, it doesn't mean his insights into Chan carry any weight. If you don't believe me, then your cup is full. TN

Terence (aka "storm cloud", my Chan name)

There is no Rene. Understand that, then bend yourself.

wha-bam.

Originally posted by reneritchie
    There is no Rene. Understand that, then bend yourself.