Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kung Food

I don't care if you like me or not, if I can have the fish.

The sushi bars of San Francisco are going to be wasted on you, MP, you sad sack b@stard. What's a piscaphobe like you doing in the d@mn Coast Guard anyway?
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Fish is easy to cook.

You may add curry to it.

I usually like the flavor of fish naturally. No MSG or any spice.

You may slice the thick part of meat. Remove the gills and scales. Clean and remove the guts.

A few slices of ginger. Sprinkle some cooking wine or rice wine.

You may sprinkle some salt on both side. Or rub some salts on to the fish.

Some soy sauce.

I usually prefer steam.

If you have a microwave, you need to cover the top and steam.

The fish is easily cooked.

No deep fry for me.

I usually dun like sauce on fish.

Some may like pepper, garlic, sugar and other sauce.

The cooking wine will remove the smell.

Cooking time 6 min depends on the power of microwave. By the time, you have your pop corn.

I will have my fish dish ready, too.

Amazingly Easy Penna Alla Vodka

1 lb penne
    1 large clove garlic
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 cups tomato puree
    1/4 cup vodka
    1/2 cup heavy cream

Dump a handful of salt into a pot of water and bring it to a boil.

While it's coming to a boil, melt the butter over medium-to-low heat, and dump in the garlic. Cook it till it's softened, but don't let it brown. I recommend slicing or crushing the garlic beforehand.

Dump in the tomato puree and vodka, and simmer for 5-10 minutes.

Add salt and hot pepper flakes - This varies by taste. Start with a half-tablespoon of each, and figure out by taste if you should add more or less. If you taste it now, keep in mind that adding the cream later will dilute the intensity.

Dump the cream in and simmer for 5 minutes or so. At some point along the way, the water should have boiled; add the penne and cook until it's done. (you should be able to take a piece out and bite into it to tell if it's the correct consistency).

Once the pasta is done, drain it, dump it into the sauce, dump 1/4 to 1 cup (varies by taste) of grated parmesan on top, and toss.

You can modify this recipe in a bunch of ways - more or less garlic, olive oil instead of butter, add pancetta or prosciutto during the garlic-cooking stage, more or less cheese, asiago or romano insead of/in addition to parmesan, etc, etc. But it's a good base recipe and it's pretty quick and easy - takes about a half hour to 45 minutes, all told.

****, I'm hungry now.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Curry is one of my favorite spice from India.
    What type of curry are you looking for? There are so many. Curry is both a spice and an method of cooking.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Merry has choked out the correct and thrown it into the trunk of Joe Pesci's Caddillac for burial in a secluded spot off the major highways.

Curry is actually just a term derived from the British understanding of Indian Cooking.

The actual name of the spices involved in making this tasty stuff is "Garam Masala"

The making of 'Curry' uses this spice concoction as it's base and is built on from there.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

lamb madras plus pilau rice plus popaddoms plus garlic nan plus somozas plus cobra beer = heaven
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

The actual name of the spices involved in making this tasty stuff is "Garam Masala"
    Sort of. Garam Masala is a particular spice blend. But there is a curry plant that tastes of that awful yellow curry powder you can get in the store.

And many curries do not use Garam Masala at all.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

If you really like Curry you will do like Lister from RedDwarf does, and skip the whole food part and get straight to eating the seasoning. I mean, thats where all the flavor is anyhow right?

If you really like Curry you will do like Lister from RedDwarf does, and skip the whole food part and get straight to eating the seasoning. I mean, thats where all the flavor is anyhow right?
    Listen up you smeghead....none of that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster
    Sort of. Garam Masala is a particular spice blend. But there is a curry plant that tastes of that awful yellow curry powder you can get in the store.

And many curries do not use Garam Masala at all.
    that would be the turmeric. makes it all yellow!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

No no, I know what makes it yellow. But Turmeric is great - deep, woodsy sort of flavor.

the curry plant, is an actual plant. The leaves are used in that terrible yellow powdered spice mix from the store. You can't mistake the aroma, and it really does come from a particular plant. Dreadful.

Italian Chicken

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

1 packet Italian shake 'n bake.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cook for 18-20 minutes
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Smile Pasta

Well, I like Italian version of ham & egg w/ spaghetti as a snack after Kung Fu.

dice up some pancheter (Italian bacon)
    lots of red chilie pepper flakes
    lots of garlic
    olive oil
    an egg

cooked spaghetti al dente (follow package instruction minus one minute)

Brown the pancheter in olive oil, add the pepper flakes and garlic, add in the spaghetti and stir fry a bit. Plate and serve with the raw egg (mix thoroughly). The raw egg will ease the heat of the pepper flakes. It will give a better balance to the dish but also makes it a little more filling than without it.

You don't really need seasoning with this dish if you add enough salt in the spaghetti water. You may do so if you prefer a saltier taste.

A good Italian red is also good with this but I like a shot of Grappa in the frappacino (Starbuck is not bad) as a drink to go with it.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

ttt 4 2016!

I've eaten scorpions but they were properly fried first.

There's vid if you follow the link.

Scorpion kebab anyone? Stomach-churning moment woman eats dozens of LIVE bugs in Chinese food market

The skin-shuddering moment is reported to be recently filmed in China
    Woman is holding a dozen sticks of live scorpions and munching away
    Without flinching, she eats the insects still wriggling away one by one

By CHLOE LYME FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 12:19 EST, 18 March 2016 | UPDATED: 12:48 EST, 18 March 2016

A shocking video has emerged from China of the moment a woman eats live scorpions off a stick.
    She stares straight into the camera and happily munches away at the tiny wriggling insects one by one.
    Live scorpions are part of a traditional dish in China and are often used in Chinese medicines. When eaten, they are said to make your blood hotter in cold weather and cure a number of conditions.
    Stomach-churning moment fearless woman eats LIVE scorpions

Sickening: The woman casually holds dozens of scorpions on sticks to camera before she starts munching

Stomach-churning: One by one she eats the scorpions in China without flinching, chewing them as she goes

The 20-second video, originally posted on Chinese video-sharing site Miaopai, shows the unidentified woman holding about a dozen wooden sticks in her left hand.
    On each stick three or four baby scorpions have been skewered on like a kebab. The insects are still alive, their pincers, legs and stingers are clearly moving even though they have a stick running through their bodies.
    Wearing a black and white polka dot top, the woman then stares at the person filming then straight into the lens and begins her feast.
    One by one she bites the scorpions off the stick whole and munches away. From the look on her face and the speed she is eating them, she seems to be enjoying the taste.

Dinner anyone? She stares straight into the camera and happily munches away at the tiny wriggling insects

Finished: The woman opens her mouth and pokes her tongue out to prove that she had eaten all the scorpions

There are no grimaces and she doesn’t stop for a breather, she just carries on chomping until the stick is clear. Then she moves on to the next one.
    To prove that she has actually eaten the scorpions, before the video ends the woman proudly sticks her tongue out to show her mouth is empty.
    However, it’s not quite empty as she still has the remnants of dead scorpion on her tongue.
    Scorpions are a common street snack in some parts of China. They are also used in traditional medicines and have been for more than 2,000 years in the country.
    The Wanfujing snack street in Beijing is one of China's most notorious street food markets, famous for selling an array of interesting snacks including scorpions, snakes and even starfish.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart