Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speed and agility ( Footwork)

sui-fuw Guest

hak-ka ynin shed some light

o.k guys ban-pu,care to talk about it?moq please no need to reply cause you have great kung fu,and also your not hak-ka no disrespect i'm still your servant O'GREAT ONE.

qy Guest

yeap, you are a moron.

I don't think that the admim. is here to block feedback. You asked for feedback and you got what you deserved. Sui and Cloud, you guys always show up at the same place at the same time , how odd.....

If the admins attention should be called to anyone it should be your multiple personalities.

I don't think you (your collective ) really want any real feedback. This is a silly topic, and if you really do think that your Mabo is that great, then you(the collective you) have fun.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

El Paso is the great entrance to the great state of TX. Long Live El Paso!!!

MoQ Guest

My secret is that I only insult those...

...that have shown no respect and can't expect to receive any...

Drop the false humility, it actually deadens your stiletto wit. The illiteracy isn't an act though is it?

I didn't know Ma Bo was such a hakka secret...LOL

CLOUD 1 Guest

Sui fuw

To be presumed we are the same person i am honoured. But to tell you the truth there are things you mention in your posts that I have not experienced yet.

Ban pu, there is not much you can say on this subject. I believe that ban pu is felt(experienced) rather than thinking about. How can you describe what is Love for example.

Is ban pu in any of the forms you practice?
    I have only felt ban pu in Lap-Sau.

Please do not be that harsh with your reply, cause I might not be able to take it.(Ha Ha).

From a beginner just like you.

Oh one other thing. Is it what you do in those hours not how many hours you practice count when taking up Kung Fu?

meltdawn Guest

Do you think that the ''Ma Bo'' in all kung fu styles is the most important aspect. Or is it the tec

I'm taking "ma bo" to mean stance training here.

I would have to say FOUNDATION is of primary importance. From there things develop. Foundation includes balance, aligned body mechanics and strategy. Thus, for a "stance" to be effective (accomplish the purpose of developing root), it must be balanced, the body must be in the correct position for the desired result (mechanics) and the meaning of the position must be understood (strategy). Study the difference between northern ma bu and southern. VERY different.

Hand strikes accomplish nothing unless the practitioner understands his balance and can drop his center of gravity AND learn to become mobile. Only then can he understand that from gripping the ground comes force, from turning the waist comes direction, and through the appendage comes release. Then as in the whip, it all comes back. Simply put, using the ground for leverage. If the practitioner has no balance, he will never be accurate. If he hasn't correct body mechanics, he will lack power. And if he doesn't have strategy, he doesn't have a brain.

Meltdawn

cloud1, sorry i took a while.

to answer your question on what leg forward to take the arm out. that would be first depends on what hand he throws and if you want to cause the most damage( dim ma , dim yue).
    also it depends on if you attack using the c/line theories opening or closing, and of course your follow up technique. usually the right hand inward smash with the right leg because you attack the left side of the body of your attacker.(more deadlier)

i hope this helps
    peace

sui-fuw Guest

to cloud

1st of all,please,i am only a begginer,honestly please don't build me up,as i can't live up to those expectations(ask moq,he is the true great one on this forum,i wish he would accept me as his student)
    your pulling my leg("you have not experienced yet").
    your "ban-pu"true.
    my "ban-pu"is i'll follow your lead,and connection?
    "oh one other thing"i would agree on th first one "naturally"i've tried to answer, this trick question.

meltdawn
    2nd part well executed?we haven't finished our little banter yet,as fat head ROSS got offended,i hope you didn't get offended,but very offended?i think the score is 1-0 to you.
    fancy picking on a begginner,like me.

come on cloud 1, tell me your secret?if you can't
    because of great kung-fu MASTERS like moq,then type in hak-ka if you can??ha ha i'll try to work it out.

CLOUD 1 Guest

Riddles

Hi ya Sui Fuw,
    Thanks for the reply. Once again you have gone over my head.
    What makes you think that I am Hakka nyin?
    on this thread there has been a mention on ''gripping the floor'' in your opinion is this a concious, sub-concious, both or none of the above decisions you make when you practice Ma bo?

Meltdawn,
    Nice to see you don't take things personally.
    Could you tell me the main differences in Ma bo between Lung Ying and Pak Mei?
    I wish people took your advice that a strong tree only comes from strong roots. This applies to all aspects in life?
    Has your training taken you to 'Sight beyond Sight'?

Pu fook, Pu Fook [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

meltdawn Guest
    From Sui-Fuw:
    "meltdawn
    ...we haven't finished our little banter yet,as fat head ROSS got offended,i hope you didn't get offended,but very offended?i think the score is 1-0 to you. fancy picking on a begginner,like me."

Do I know you? I seem to recognise the poor grammar, lack of sentence structure and *******ised punctuation... but I distinctly thought this was a different thread.

From Cloud:
    "Meltdawn,
    Nice to see you don't take things personally."
    I do, but I have this amazing ability to ignore stupidity. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "Could you tell me the main differences in Ma bo between Lung Ying and Pak Mei?"
    Sorry, I can't get into detail of comparison because I don't practice bak mei. Kevin Barkman and Mantis108 would be excellent choices of whom to inquire.
    "I wish people took your advice that a strong tree only comes from strong roots. This applies to all aspects in life?"
    Don't forget, the roots are strong and the tree is supple. It must be able to bend and snap back, like a willow in the wind. I do believe one can and should live their life like in practice. This is an excellent idea for a new thread!
    "Has your training taken you to 'Sight beyond Sight'?"
    No, I'm just trying to be the Quizats Haderach (sp?). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Meltdawn

CLOUD 1 Guest

Royal Highness

Please excuse me you should have said we were in the company of Royalty [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    I am too unworthy to reply to you.

farewell my lady but I am dune with you!!!

LIN Q Guest

Stances

In response to your original question Cloud 1, the importance of stances can't be exspressed enough.Without a firm foundation the hand techniques are useless , might as well be doing Wing Chun. With gripping the ground you are activating you Kidney 1 point .If stance work is a regular practised the hand work is greatly benefited . Good to see some real discussion happening.

CLOUD 1 Guest

Lin Q

You mentioned Wing Chun. Do you have any experience with this? The Wing Chun that I have seen also stress the importance of Ma Bo. Sil Lum Tao is practiced for two hours without taking a break. This is done for a year or so, then the second form;Chum Kieu, which trains Ma Bo also.
    The third form Biu Ji can only be taught when you have an understanding of Ma Bo to be effective.
    Wooden dummy forms also help with Ma Bo.

sui-fuw Guest

cloud

hi long time no chat.
    i have a hunch you are hak-ka,probably married to a cantonese lady?i could be wrong.
    gripping floor?i know what your asking,but does a human have claws?it can be immetated i suppose,but not well i must add.
    ma-pu(ma-bo)sub-concious or concious?
    you see this is the question i beleive?as for gripping is a technique.
    care to answer the question above?also,how have you studied ban-pu,through lap-sao?what is this to you?

have you practiced wing-chun lately?

CLOUD 1 Guest

Ban Pu

Sui Fuw,
    Well done, your hunches are quite correct.
    I know nothing of Ban Pu. I haven't practiced Wing Chun for ages. I am very lazy.
    Ban pu is probably one of the hardest things to explain. There must be unlimited possibilities.
    What have you experienced in Ban Pu? Can it be practiced solely?
    I am only learning to stand at the moment.
    What of your training? Have you learnt to retreat yet? Please don't speak in riddles, it takes me ages to figure out. Thanks.

sui-fuw Guest

cloud 1

hi,you keep refering that i speak in riddles.i must apologise,as i'm not aware of this.
    the answer to your questions are very simple,as i;ve said before,they are inside you,my experience's of ban-pu are not valid to you.ask your si-fu,see if you can practise it solefully?
    aren't we all trying to stand?i just keep trying to stop falling also,if thats any consulation.
    "learnt to retreat"i haven't learnt a **** thing yet.
    anyway i was hoping you could shed some light on the subject,please be free to speak,i won't judge you honestly. i know less than you i'm sure.