Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speed and agility ( Footwork)

CLOUD 1 Guest

knowledge

If you know less than me then you are a master, to me.
    Do you teach for a living?
    If you do then I bet you have made a good one at it.
    What is it that you teach? I still haven't figured that out yet.
    Why all the secrets? What have you got to hide?

sui-fuw Guest

cloud1

i'm a master of what? wiping my bottom.
    no.i'm not qualifide to teach.
    my style? keep thinking.i have no doubt you will work it out.
    why secrets?there are no secrets,no answers only questions that hold the universe.find the harmony that binds it together?

CLOUD 1 Guest

Please wash your hands

Could you please tell me Sui Fuw.

What is meant by ''whilst defending have one foot on the floor, one foot off'' ''whilst attacking have both feet on the floor''?????

What is the connection between MaPu and Kung Fu?

sui-fuw Guest

i use toilet paper thanks

1st of all,can i feel the floor?before i can distiguish "1 foot on floor 1 foot off" ect.

the connection between "ma-pu and kung-fu" is obvious its "and" isn't it?

tell me,your ma-pu,how do you defend with your right leg leading(from 2 mtre gap)eg would you "entry",take right leg back,what would you do?

CLOUD 1 Guest

Flying

it sounds like you can fly Sui Fuw!!!
    Well can you feel the floor?
    Is it that obvious, if it is then what is it?

Why would I need to be defending?

to answer your question I would be defending in a neutral stance, left leg forward, right leg forward, sitting down, lying on my bed asleep, meditating, not meditating. Has that answered your question.
    If you asked F.T or B.B the answer would be to attack first. Do you agree?

sui fuw- whats wrong with you lately, your talking sh!t. pardon my expression.

i cant beleive that you guys continue this crap, really. if you feel that the opponent is invading your space just attack. but dont be set up or faked out.

peace

lungyuil Guest
    we have alot of stance work in our training. for new students, on their first night my sifu makes them do 15min of horse stance.
    in our gradings we are required to do horse stance for 45min at the end.
    stances are very important. you need to be able to move with alot of speed. proper stances help to generate the power, rise/fall etc.
    so yes stances are an important part of our training.
    we practice 1-10's up and down our gwoon in every stance possible including the use of hand techniques. our sifu follows us up & down (1 at a time) trying to get us to increase our speed and floating.
    fubokuen is right, your toes must grip the ground.not at all times but yes they grip. that is how we train.

sui-fuw Guest

cloud1

yes,i yield.
    o.k i retreat, got me fair and square.
    your wisdom is far superior(i mean it)i would like to meet this cloud 1(but how many clouds are there?)
    no i don't agree of attacking first.

f.t our k.f is very different.i'm more of a pacifist.
    i believe in"protect oneself,then maybe strike"now,but before i became mercifull,i struck first.

CLOUD 1 Guest

Sui Fuw

Thanks for your sarcasm. If I were wise I wouldn't be on this Forum but doing something more constructive with my time.
    I don't understand what you mean How many?
    What are you getting at? (5)

Are you talking from experience when you say you wouldn't attack first?
    If that is the case then you have come a long way in your Kung Fu.

sui-fuw Guest

mun-lin

i mean i agree in not attacking fist,not that i don't attack first.i have not become the man i shall become.

siu fuw,
    i dont go around beating people up, but if trouble comes my way and i cant get out of it/ or walk than right there im straight in hammers and phoenix eye are flying. most times when talking your way out of a fight gets you into one, so go ahead and smash if the thug is harrassing you. there wouldnt be any trouble if you didnt start it.
    cloud 1
    why cant you attack first, do you think not attacking first is superior to counter attacking.?

peace

sui-fuw Guest

too fierce,not enough merci

o.k i respect what your saying,however you say thug,now if it was a k.f practitioner like myself would you strike first?because i've been taught to be relaxed and not to eager to strike you first.
    why? maybe, if you show me an opening in your on-gaurd stance,lets just say,you might want me to strike there,so you can "block,counter"and me ending up on the floor.and thats why i don't strike you first.
    instead,you strike first and i'll counter,simple, wouldn't you agree?

sui fuw
    if i was to attack first, of course this would leave a opening in my guard - but my other hand is protecting this opening. if i struck first dont you think that i would already have the follow-up and a counter attack ready? when learning kung fu your forms teach you when attacking that the other hand is countering. i do not know about your art or what you learn, but this is how i was taught. just dont be set-up or faked out.

also attacking first gives you correct mindset. when i mean attacking first - is to make contact first, even if the opponent has made a move first.

there is no such thing as defense, only attack.

peace

sui-fuw Guest

still too fierce

now were talking...
    if you struck first,iwould move up 1 to your off side,cut in the centre line,therefore your other hand couldn't rescue the attacking hand,because the distance is minamel, i would be at an advantage and you'll be off balance.it also wouldn't matter if you faked my ma-pu would be fast enough to supress your arms.yes i would be in very close quarters range.

sui fuw
    im not just standing there man! do you think that i would let you go outside, your centerline would be cut off from me attacking, ever think that i might be on your outside smashing away.

see ya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by fierce tiger on 10-20-00 at 09:16 PM.]