Thread: Looking for a BJJ school in austin

Looking for a BJJ school in austin

I am looking for a BJJ school in Austin. My background is about 6 months of Shaolin-Do, but I am looking for a school that is a more specific in its training.

Others schools I am looking into are Eastwind Training Hall and Kung Fu Exchange( 7* ) - any information on these schools would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

http://www.austinbjj.com/modules.php...=article&sid=5

These guys are on Spicewood Springs. Don't know 'em myself, but they seem to have the right credentials.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

OMG he said Shaolin-do !!!
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by joedoe
    OMG he said Shaolin-do !!!
    Yeah. People are just so over it now that no-one jumped on that. Except you. Oh. And me now.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

If shaolin do produces women like euler, I will no longer knock it

Tran, you'll love bjj
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

That Vandry school is probably your best bet up in Austin. I've also heard very good things about Eastwind, but I don't have any experience personally with either one. Good luck.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Between the two

I would go with Kung Fu Exchange.. Jeff Hughes is one of the better instructers around here.... course there is always Shuai Chiao

Does Mantis or Tiger appeal to certain body types?

Does Mantis or Tiger appeal to certain body types? Tran is tall and thin or wiry , and I myself am not as tall but more muscular. Does Tiger style KF (East wind) or 7* Mantis (KFXchange) suite either of our body types more than the other? Does it really matter, other then personal preference? Now throw BJJ in the mix, and how does BJJ compare body type-wise? Thanks All!
    -tiny

My personal choce was east wind, but because it is a family style you can't continue your studies anywhere else. My only experience with the school is from my dad who studied under Grandmaster ling with Don finley.

but now i'm joining the marines so i'll have to find someplace else.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE