Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye

Goodbye

Here is a short story that summarizes quite well my feelings:

The Pomegranate

Once when I was living in the heart of a pomegranate, I heard a seed saying, “Someday I shall become a tree, and the wind will sing in my branches, and the sun will dance on my leaves, and I shall be strong and beautiful through all the seasons.”

Then another seed spoke and said, “When I was as young as you, I too held such views; but now that I can weigh and measure things, I see that my hopes were vain.”

And a third seed spoke also, “I see in us nothing that promises so great a future.”

And a fourth said, “But what a mockery our life would be, without a greater future!”

Said a fifth, “Why dispute what we shall be, when we know not even what we are.”

But a sixth replied, “Whatever we are, that we shall continue to be.”

And a seventh said, “I have such a clear idea how everything will be, but I cannot put it into words.”

Then an eighth spoke—and a ninth—and a tenth—and then many—until all were speaking, and I could distinguish nothing for the many voices.

And so I moved that very day into the heart of a quince, where the seeds are few and almost silent.

well, Is it your frustration with not being heard?

I find this place interesting for all the reasons you do not seem to like it.

What are we when we can't speak up and voice our views? How do we learn from each other when we dismiss it all as just noise?

mpo is that I should recognize where I falter and listening is an active exercise. Som people are wrong, some concur with my views and some are right even though my views don't concur.

Your parable speaks to those that would see no questions asked and no learning distributed other than their singular views.

without questioning, learning ceases.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Thumbs up Buddha's Hand

An excellent, excellent story.

FWIW, I tend to believe that everyone's journey thru the arts is a personal one, not a social one. For some, this requires more solitude than for others.

I too, for whatever reason, find that too much interaction with those of my *own* art [in an online sense] tends to worsen my perfomance, atitude, morale, what have you. A distraction from the work, I think. So I "just say No".

Well, that's what I got from it.

Anyhow, not a frustration in not being heard, per se...? Good on you.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

just stab out your eyes so you don't have to read all the poo.

ill pleasure your new hole if you'll let me. squish squish
    where's my beer?

Smile

LMAO
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

The world is not improved by crawling into a hole, nor is it run by cowards.

Ummm, who are you?
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

he's the guy that raped my mother.
    where's my beer?

Re: Buddha's Hand shandy

The pips are squeaking! Those whacky Canadians!

GDA is the Buddha's Navel!

HatstandKaiVun has just gained the title Master of the Non Sequitur!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

haha ...mat is stoned too.
    where's my beer?

Fraid not G. Haven't done any of that malarkey for many a moon.

This is reality!

Never quite matched anyone else's!

Maybe I was wrong, maybe you're the fluff in Buddha's navel...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

this analogy would work better for me if 1) the pomegranate seed known as buddha hand had ever said anything and 2) this wasn't a discussion forum. complaining that there are too many voices on a discussion forum is a bit counterintuitive.

that said, he left, which is really the only sensible course of action in that case.

stuart b.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

So let's see...you're leaving because you live inside a pomegranate and you think you're a seed? Hm. Well, good luck with all those issues.....
    K. Mark Hoover

on reading the story.

Muteness guarantees nothing. maybe no need to express. maybe nothing to express. maybe numbness. maybe just another way of life. seeking the extremes, the limits, has its place, as long as you don't lose yourself in the process, in the extremes. Simply be. That's how I see it for me.
    Given the story, I am surprised that you posted such a farewell. imo, it should not have been necessary. If you're here, you're here. If you're not, you're not. It should matter only to you, in this context. But, that's not so.
    Everyone gets bored sometimes. Most have expectations that aren't met. If one Wishes to be "different," that is difficult enough without making an announcement.
    Withdrawal from chatter is easy enough. Take care when withdrawing Further. That might be necessary at times, but not in the context you have given.

Cody
    "The truth is more important than the facts." (Frank Lloyd Wright)
    "The weight of the sun doesn't keep it from rising." (Cody)

Talking

Originally posted by Budokan
    So let's see...you're leaving because you live inside a pomegranate and you think you're a seed? Hm. Well, good luck with all those issues.....
    I am nothing.