Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CLF Masters

CLF Masters

In order to help unite the CLF family I think it would be cool to start a new tread every week that talks about the different CLF masters that we have come in contact with or have been told stories from out Sifus and any good or cool things these masters did. For example any stories on skill, kindness, or what you admire about them. We can talk about all different masters from different branches, but only good stuff. This week I would like to talk about Lau Bun, and next week about Lee Koon Hung.

I have never meet Lau Bun, I am to young but this is a story my sifu told me about him. When my sifu was younger he was studying kempo from a big hawaiian kempo master. This kempo master was very tough. My sifu told me that he used to have to take kicks in the groin from him. Well my sifus kempo master and he heard about Lau Bun and wanted to meet him so they went to go visit him. My sifu said Lau Bun was very nice and his master talked with Lau Bun about martial arts and theory. It got to the point when my sifus master wanted to see Lau Bun in action so Lau Bun agreed to have my sifus master throw a punch at him. My sifu told me that his master threw this fast puch to Lau Buns face and that Lau Bun side stepped it and did a pok sau with 2 fingers, then grabbed the kempos masters wrist and threw the kempo master to the ground very hard. My sifu said that Lau Bun moved so fast and looked so effortless when he moved. After that my sifus master got up looked at my sifu and said, this guy is good, you have to learn from him.

Well thats my story, I thought it was pretty cool. Does anyone else have any stories of Lau Bun?

Great Idea. I hope that there will be a lot of participation on this thread.

Blog Entries
    My sifu told me that he used to have to take kicks in the groin from him.
    Uhh....yeah right. See that's the problem with story telling....it's STORY TELLING.

If you really took a direct kick to the groin from any trained martial artists, you'd most likely go temporarily blind, pass out and vomit all over yourself.

When you did finally wake up you'd be excruciating pain and have to be rushed to the hospital because your testicle had been popped wide open like a cherry tomato.

Good idea, Jamesbond_007. Nice story by the way.

I think Choy Lay Fut should have its own board, similar to Wing Chun, Northern Praying Mantis and Jeet Kune Do, because the CLF scene is quite active here. Well, I guess it's up to the moderators to decide.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

Originally posted by Fu-Pow

Uhh....yeah right. See that's the problem with story telling....it's STORY TELLING.

If you really took a direct kick to the groin from any trained martial artists, you'd most likely go temporarily blind, pass out and vomit all over yourself.

Wow, Fu Pow, that was positive!!!! All I'm trying to do is help CLF, what would your sifu say about your reply? I find it funny that most martial artist say, "no one can take a kick in the groin from a trained martial artist." I just love it! I have seen many martial artist take full kicks to the groin. I lot of them have learn the suck their testicals up into their body. Did you know that when a male baby is born, their testicles are in the body and later fall down. People train to pull them back up. Haven't you seen Iron body skills? To they start taking full kicks to the stomach? Or do they start slowly and work up? Have you ever talked to any cop and they tell you how kicks to the groin DO NOT stop a lot of people? When some one is high or full on adrenilin, pain seems to disapear and the attacker still keeps on coming. Thats why cops use pepper spray or mace, because it burns the eyes and takes away site.

Now, I know your sifu, knows my sifu pretty well. At one time I was looking at moving to Seattle and my sifu recommend me to train with your sifu if I moved. So how about we get along and try to be productive instead of degrading? All I'm trying to do is help all ove us out. NExt week I think it will be great to talk about Lee Koon Hung. Why did I pick these 2 masters? Because I feel hey have had the most affect on CLF in the US. Next I was hoping to learn about extrajosephs dad, and I wanted to learn more about your sifu. So my friend lets just see how this works out before we start disrespecting one another.

Bond

Blog Entries
    Wow, Fu Pow, that was positive!!!!.
    What's not postitive about the image of vomit and a popped testicle? Come on, lighten up.

All I'm trying to do is help CLF, what would your sifu say about your reply?
    You don't know my Sifu ,so don't presuppose what he would say about anything...including me.

Oh... I find it funny that most martial artist say, "no one can take a kick in the groin from a trained martial artist." I just love it! I have seen many martial artist take full kicks to the groin. I lot of them have learn the suck their testicals up into their body. Did you know that when a male baby is born, their testicles are in the body and later fall down. People train to pull them back up.
    Have you ever actually seen, physically, someone pull there nuts up into their body cavity? Is this actually physically possible after your testicles have descended?There are a lot of Chi Gung skills that can be faked. Thing with the "iron crotch" is no one is ever gonna "check" to see if the dudes got a cup on.

Anyways, the point is unless you can do the skill yourself don't make claims for other people...cause now you are story telling.

Now, I know your sifu, knows my sifu pretty well. At one time I was looking at moving to Seattle and my sifu recommend me to train with your sifu if I moved.
    As well you should my Sifu is an awesome master of CLF and a great guy. But again, YOU don't know my Sifu so why bring him up again.

So how about we get along and try to be productive instead of degrading? All I'm trying to do is help all ove us out. NExt week I think it will be great to talk about Lee Koon Hung. Why did I pick these 2 masters? Because I feel hey have had the most affect on CLF in the US.
    How did I degrade you? I'm making fun of you man, pure and simple. You posted a silly story and I gave you a silly response.
    Relax. If you had 5 min to live would what someone said on an obscure internet forum really matter?

Next I was hoping to learn about extrajosephs dad, and I wanted to learn more about your sifu. So my friend lets just see how this works out before we start disrespecting one another.
    I do respect you Jamesbond 007, but it doesn't mean I can't mess with your head.....WAhahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

Come on, Fu-Pow..
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

Stories are good if they can inspire or teach us something, like the story about Chan Heung killing a tiger. It is not whether he did it or when and where he did it that are important, it is how he did it that will inspire us to use skill and intelligence to overcome a seemingly impossible situation. A good story or legend should be an allegory or a parable at the same time, otherwise it is just another myth.

And yes, it is possible to retract your testicles with training. It's not something you can do instantly, and certainly not quicker than a kick. However, if you have a few seconds to prepare then it's not a problem.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Blog Entries
    So serpent.....you can actually do this?

And yes, with proper training you can hang weights off your peni$, but that is not the point (I can't resist this pun)! Check this out:

http://www.tai-chi-centre.com/ironcrotch.htm
    Last edited by extrajoseph; 02-02-2003 at 05:49 PM.

Fu Pow
    I get you now!!! I seriously thought you where serious!! Its really hard to read people on this forum and I didn't know. Sorry.

About seeing anyone lift their testicals up, personally I don't ever want to get that close to another man to check it out. Would you?

Any way, ExtraJoe, I agree we should tell stories about what you learned from the master or something that inspired you. And maybe a little about the person himself.

ExtraJoe:
    Nice link!!! Now thats what I call balls of steel!!!!

Originally posted by Fu-Pow
    So serpent.....you can actually do this?
    Yes. It's a fairly useless skill as it takes a while to draw them up and then you have to hold them up, so it's not very practical. But to just stand there and be kicked in the "nuts" is its only use I guess.

As it happens, I haven't done it for a long time and I'm obviously out of practice as I just tried and can only get them about halfway in!

Anyway, this is definitely wandering into the "way too much information" category, so I'll leave it there.
    Last edited by Serpent; 02-02-2003 at 08:19 PM.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

I am curious, even if you can suck your nuts up, what about the bit that hangs down? Wouldn't that get into the way of a good kick?

Oh nevermind....I think this is definitely wandering into the "way too much information" category, so I'll leave it there as well.