Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weak Forearms!!!

Weak Forearms!!!

Ok, last night we did copious amounts of mitt and bag drills. This morning I can barely hold on to anything. The top of my forearms are really weak at the moment.
    Anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be happening and ways to correct it?

it might be happening because you're a wuss. To correct it, just become a real man...

dayamn, seriously you asked for it, after this "ahhhhh myyyy ssshhhiiinnnnnssss arrreeee sseeennnssssiiitttiiiiivvvveeee" thread...

LOL just messin' with ya'

It might just be that the muscle is stunned due to overexertion...it happens sometimes...bag drill surely made you very very tense without noticing, hence the feeling today...

it will go away quite soon...just massage your forearm, using arnica oil, or other soft muscular decontractant...
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

LOL! Don't make me challenge your mother to an all out don't stop till you drop fight to the finish!!!

I figured as much, in the past it hasn't been a problem but for some reason last night I was apparently harder on my forearms then usual!

was it more than usual you did last night?

also, have you been continually training? maybe Its because you havent given your muscles any time to 'recoup'.

This morning I can barely hold on to anything.
    There goes your love life.

MightyB - Only when she is greased up....

Souljah - Not continuously, but we don't always do hand drills like we dd last night. We pretty much focused on punching/boxing, and I stayed later to work with some guys on the bags.

Has this affected your ability to get a boner ?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    r5a, I was going to comment on the weak shins/weak forearm
    thing as well but CP beat me to it.

Just wait till your mid 30's.

Right now my back hurts, I have a bone bruise on the bottom
    of my left foot, my shoulders want to pop out of the socket
    at the slightest provocation, and the bursa of my right hip
    is swollen.

If you lift free weights, give the weight a little twist at the end of a lift. Don't just go straight up and down. Move your wrist as well.

That'll work your forearms.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

forearm muscles are what keep your hands in line with your forearms... and maintaining the alignment of them last night was obviously challenging. Usually these sort of stuff is a one-time deal... but if its constantly aching then definitely do some wrist rolls with freeweights. The best thing I have EVER used was a dowel rod with a hole drilled in it. They inserted a rope with a weight attached to the end. If you hold it entended in front of you and roll up and down... your arms will become rock solid. great stuff....
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

Agree with Crimson

Sounds like wuss to me.

I prescribe more focus mitt and bag drills.

strike!

Thanks for the advice people!

Yenhoi - I plan on going back tonight for 2 hours so we will see if a repeat of last night will help the situation. For now I stretch about every half hour or so.
    I think it may have been the holding the focus mitts last night that did me in.

I dunno, if it really does hurt that bad, then maybe skip tonight or at least take it easy (you dont always have to hit the pads as hard as you can...etc..)

If it really is just *****ness then stop it.

strike!

"If it really is just *****ness then stop it."

LOL! It's not that it hurts so much as it just feels weak. For instance when I pick up a glass I don't feel like my grip is strong enough to hold it. It's sort of a stiff numbness on top of the arm. My wrists aren't that flexible so it may have been just holding up the mitts for my partner as long as I did.

did you relax your fists when you weren't punching?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter