Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eating beef again!???

Question Eating beef again!???

For the last 4 or 5 years, I've tried to not eat beef (I mean cow, not all meat in general). I just heard from a bunch of sources that it's not that good for you, that it's very taxing on the body to digest, etc. So, for the past 4 years or so I've had beef maybe 4 or 5 times a year tops.

But recently I've been really hungry after my high volume workouts, and hamburgers are so cheap, and I'm a college student, so who can turn down a $1.00 cheese burger (varies by restaurant, sometimes a double, sometimes a "big and tasty," etc.). I used to eat McChicken sandwhiches every day for lunch ($1.00 each), but I got tired of them after a semester.

Plus, they're pretty high in calories which is what I'm after.

So recently (like the last week) I've been eating burgers. The other day I went to Wendy's and had two double cheese burgers and a 5 piece chicken nuggets for lunch.

Anyway, after a few days of this, I'm totally craving beef. What the hell!!! Hamburgers rule. Seriously. Like right now I want to go to Wendy's and get 3 or 4 double cheeseburgers.

So, is this bad? Can I have some conclusive studies on beef digestion and how it affects you? I know beef contains creatine, so maybe I was creatine deficient while I wasn't eating beef.

Does beef impair qigong (since it's supposedly so stressful on the body to digest compared with other meats)?

Yeah.

btw, here's an example of my hunger. The other day after doing 10 sets of 5 reps of squats (real, ass to the ground squats) with about 1:15 between each set (except the first set, which got about 3-4 minutes of rest), and then some biceps work, I had a 600 calorie shake when I got home with 54g of protein. Then an hour or two later on the way to my friend's house I had two double cheese burgers and 2 orders of Wendy's chicken nuggets (all white meat yeah!). And then about 3 hours later I had this big ass chicken chimichanga (which is a burrito filled with chicken and cheese and beans and rice and stuff, and then they fry the whole thing! It's totally bad for you = lots of calories = I like them). And Spanish rice and a salad. That's a lot of food for me cuz I only weigh 170, but I wish I could afford to eat like that all the time.

Answer my beef questions.

IronFist
    Last edited by IronFist; 01-29-2003 at 06:02 PM.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Craving? you might be pregnant.

I love beef. Not only that, but I totally understand what you're going through - I've been there. I cut out beef for a while and also went through the burger craze after breaking my beef celibacy. I had the same craving for french fries. Don't sweat it - it'll go away. I'm still eating burgers, but only on occasion. taco bell also has some cheap eats. And subway, if you get a 4 inch round
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Hah, Subway couldn't fill me up if they tried!

That being said, I really like the horseradish dijon melt. Mmm... ham, turkey, cheese, bacon, and horseradish dijon sauce, and the vegetables of your choice...

IronFist

Most restaurants can't fill me up. I'm partial to the chicken teryaki with sweet onion sauce.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

IronFist-

Are you by chance blood type O? If so, tell the veggies, bad karmites, disrupted chiites and the rest to bugger off! You need red meat. Other blood types don't need as much- their loss .

I'm gonna duck now,before all the hippies start throwing fecal material my way. If you are interested in knowing more about it, get a copy of Eat Right for Your Blood Type by Peter D'Adamo .

SevenStar, I've not tried that one yet. My mom and sister really like it, though. I can't pull myself away from the one with bacon on it long enough to try something new

dnc101 said:
    Are you by chance blood type O? If so, tell the veggies, bad karmites, disrupted chiites and the rest to bugger off! You need red meat. Other blood types don't need as much- their loss .

I've heard of that book before. I'm not sure what my blood type is, actually. I'm sure of what my metabolism is, though, it's fast!

I'll check into what blood type I am.

IronFist

dangit, now I want that chicken teryaki sub. Luckily, there's a subway right up the street.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Jeeezus Keeerrist! You people sure do eat a lot of ****!

You know, there's not a lot of decent beef in those burgers and most of the chicken is reconstituted crap that's mostly water. Not to mention all the preservatives and growth hormones and stuff.

Man, Ironfist, reading your post made me feel sick!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

In college, eating is more a function of how much money you have.

IronFist

Originally posted by IronFist
    In college, eating is more a function of how much money you have.

IronFist
    So go to the supermarket and buy some decent shiat instead of filling yourself up with McBollocks and the like. Find the money, dude. Fast food is cheap for a reason.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Serp, have you been to the US? Even the food in the supermarket is of pretty average quality sometimes.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

I do. We have a Super Walmart here and I buy lots of frozen dinners because I don't like to cook. I can get Hungry Man dinners for $2.50 (much cheaper than the grocery store) and that's like 600-800 calories on average. The Hungry Man XXL's are $3.50 or something and they're usually around 1000 calories (so they say). There are also these smaller mexican dinners called El Charrito that are $.97 and they're like 400 calories.

I also buy lots of frozen vegetables and stuff.

Of course, ramen, chili, stuff like that, too.

But the thing is, my goal is to maximize the calorie per dollar. All these "Lean Cuisine" dinners that are like $2.50 or $3.00 for 250 calories... no, that's not good use of my money. I'd need like 4 of them.

I also buy a lot of pizza (800-1200 if you eat the whole thing) depending on what's on sale. I've gotten Jack's Cheese pizza for 5 for $10 once. That's a 900 calorie pizza right there for $2.00!

I forget what else i buy, that that's the majority of it.

Welcome to shopping with IronFist

IronFist

Originally posted by joedoe
    Serp, have you been to the US? Even the food in the supermarket is of pretty average quality sometimes.
    Yeah, I have. Point taken.

And so much sugar! Yikes!

Originally posted by IronFist
    I do. We have a Super Walmart here and I buy lots of frozen dinners because I don't like to cook. I can get Hungry Man dinners for $2.50 (much cheaper than the grocery store) and that's like 600-800 calories on average. The Hungry Man XXL's are $3.50 or something and they're usually around 1000 calories (so they say). There are also these smaller mexican dinners called El Charrito that are $.97 and they're like 400 calories.

I also buy lots of frozen vegetables and stuff.

Of course, ramen, chili, stuff like that, too.

But the thing is, my goal is to maximize the calorie per dollar. All these "Lean Cuisine" dinners that are like $2.50 or $3.00 for 250 calories... no, that's not good use of my money. I'd need like 4 of them.

I also buy a lot of pizza (800-1200 if you eat the whole thing) depending on what's on sale. I've gotten Jack's Cheese pizza for 5 for $10 once. That's a 900 calorie pizza right there for $2.00!

I forget what else i buy, that that's the majority of it.

Welcome to shopping with IronFist

IronFist
    Oh my gawd! That's not better! I'm talking about buying ingredients and cooking up dinners. You can make heaps and then have it as left overs the next day too, so you don't have to cook every day. You can still get your calories without eating crap.

Dayum, shopping with Ironfist is funny!

Ironfist

I hear ya re. the money situation in college. You know how I got around that? I worked a casual job in a fast food joint. Got cheap or free food most of the time and got paid while I was at it! And it kept me pretty fit.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.