Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eating beef again!???

Whoa! That's a lot of crap there!

Ok, I can empathize on the Jack's Cheese pizza. As far as I can
    tell, those are the healthiest frozen pizzas (no hydrogenated oils).
    I usually doctor them up. I've some soy-based pepperoni
    substitute that actually isn't that bad (ha! take that meat
    eaters!). In college, my senior year consisted of practically nothing
    more than beans and rice. You can do a lot with beans and rice.
    It's cheap and it's easy (and it can be tasty). Of course, I opted to
    buy pop instead of vegetables, but nobody eats that healthily in
    college.

I have a theory about the craving beef thing. I notice that when
    your body needs fat and protein, it craves the kind you've been
    eating lately. So when I've been eating a lot of nuts (cashews are
    nummy), I crave nuts. When I've been tossing back the tofu
    (because cashews has way more fat than I need), I start craving
    tofu. I dunno. It's just a theory.

I think IF is just addicted to **** food!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

I reckon if he was addicted then he should sue whoever provides that food
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Nah. Already proven not to work. He needs to sue on the basis that he's addicted to stuff he didn't know was in there.

Like ****.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

I hear you about the college thing.

One bad thing about beef is a high level of uric acid. If you boil it first for a few minutes with carrot slices, then remove the carrots, this treatment aleviates the above problem.

I find that some other cow parts are quite tasty as well, when prepared the way I like:

Tripes (stomach)
    Feet
    bones (like neck bones, soup bones) - especially with ligament

When I eat the above, it gives me a lot of energy and I feel it's good for the joints, etc.

Interesting thing about the carrots - I suffer from gout so that may be a useful thing to try sometime.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

Originally posted by joedoe
    Interesting thing about the carrots - I suffer from gout so that may be a useful thing to try sometime.
    Hey, do you think that the Chinese are prone to gout? I know a couple of Chinese guys with it and none of them are too old.

My wife has gout, and so does Royal Dragon, BTW. However, neither of them are Chinese, AFAIK.
    I do think that Chinese are prone to Lactose intolerance,

What's AFAIK? That's a new one on me.

Originally posted by Serpent

Hey, do you think that the Chinese are prone to gout? I know a couple of Chinese guys with it and none of them are too old.
    I dunno - it can be a genetic thing I was told. Basically it is an inability of the body to eliminate uric acid sufficiently so it ends up accumulating in large joints causing a type of arthritis.

It does depend very heavily on your diet.

Right. It's just interesting that I've never really come across it before and the only people I do know with it are Chinese. Interessin'!

AFAIK = As Far As I Know? That would make sense.

I know it used to be a problem in the British aristocracy, leading it to be labelled a rich man's disease . Some people reckon it is from eating a diet with too much rich food in it, which is kind of supported in some ways by the fact that gout sufferers should be careful of their intake of things like red meat, shellfish (esp. prawns), alcohol (esp. red wine and including port) and any other foods high in purines (even some vegetables).

It is an extremely painful thing to get stuck with though

Originally posted by Serpent
    Jeeezus Keeerrist! You people sure do eat a lot of ****!

You know, there's not a lot of decent beef in those burgers and most of the chicken is reconstituted crap that's mostly water. Not to mention all the preservatives and growth hormones and stuff.

Man, Ironfist, reading your post made me feel sick!
    I attribute my hyoogeness to the growth hormone in the chicken.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by SevenStar

I attribute my hyoogeness to the growth hormone in the chicken.
    That thought makes me shudder.

*shudder*

Originally posted by Marshdrifter
    I have a theory about the craving beef thing. I notice that when your body needs fat and protein, it craves the kind you've been eating lately.
    That could be one reason for the cravings, but your body also craves what it needs. One experience that illustrated this to me was mountaineering with some of my more liberal friends who were vegitarians. I've seen them crave fats so bad at altitude that they ate butter straight from the container. They were allways cooking me vegitarian dishes to try to convert me- but in the end a couple of them reverted and started eating real food again.