Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eating beef again!???

Originally posted by IronFist
    In college, eating is more a function of how much money you have.

IronFist
    heck yeah, student life is frugal life.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Iron, Dude. Learn to cook. Best investment in your pocketbook (and happiness) you'll ever make.

dnc101--exactly! I eat what I want when I want. And I'm convinced that's the secret. If you want something sweet, eat it. You want giant portions of dead moo-cow, dripping in fat and juice, cooked rare, have at it. It all balances out. I've been known to eat a 2 lb salad at one sitting as well as two 20" pizzas (an interesting experiment in gluttony I don't care to repeat).

I label people who tell you "Never eat this or that" as food haters. Guilt when you eat something? Please. Only in the U.S. would we ever think of something so stupid.

Just put the ****ed fork down if you're a fatty! Unless you truly have a glandular problem or something. That's just awful.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Ironfist: learn to cook! i can spend around 20 pounds a week (30 dollars?) and eat plenty of chicken, lamb and fresh vegetables etc. really loads, coz im like u and eat around twice as much as normal people

also beans and rice are real cheap, as well as potatoes... if ur careful its easy to live without spending so much money.

the next thing is to learn how to cook! i usually just use a big wok to do most of my cooking as u can stir fry, steam, boil etc. in it real easily. theres also im sure plenty of cheap real cook cook books or somehting available out there?

it can be done

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Iron,

10 sets of 5 on squats?!!! Eating that much and with that type of workout means you are going for size. Am i correct in this assumption? ..How is progress, you noticing mass from the squatting?

I'm itching to get back to workouts, my back is coming along, another week I think.
    Michael Panzerotti
    Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..

Originally posted by dnc101
    That could be one reason for the cravings, but your body also craves what it needs. One experience that illustrated this to me was mountaineering with some of my more liberal friends who were vegitarians. I've seen them crave fats so bad at altitude that they ate butter straight from the container. They were allways cooking me vegitarian dishes to try to convert me- but in the end a couple of them reverted and started eating real food again.
    The thing about being a vegetarian is it takes planning. You
    need your fats and proteins. It sounds like your friends didn't
    plan their meals well enough (not enough starchy seeds and
    nuts?). OTOH, I do eat dairy products (occasionally a little cheese
    is nice) and fish. I will also each chicken, if pressed.

being able to cook is a definite plus. When I first moved out, my best friend was my Foreman Grill.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Iron: I do agree with Serpent and MP. Learn to cook, dude.

I've only been out of college two years, and I worked two jobs to put myself through it, so I definitely know where you're coming from about eating on a student budget. And fast food can be your only option if you're seriously limited on time (believe me, I've been there too).

But if you price out the cost of a pound of ground chuck, a bag of kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, cheese, and the fixins, you'll find that almost always, it's the same price per burger (or less) as eating at a fast food place... and healthier (and often more filling) to boot.

If you don't have time to cook burgers, you can go for deli meats... get roast beef and sliced ham and cheese, and lettuce and tomato if you're into those, and just make huge sandwhiches with hoagie rolls. You can cook pasta really easily, which is very filling and a good source of carbs if you need those in your diet, and you can add sausages or ground beef or chicken drumsticks to store-bought sauce, along with some spices, to make it taste much better and add more protein to the meal.

I could go on... if you PM me, I could give you some easy meals that I used to make in college that are fairly healthy and taste great (at least to me).

Or we could just turn this thread into a "post your low-effort healthy recipes for IronFist" thread
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Originally posted by Rolling Elbow
    Iron,

10 sets of 5 on squats?!!! Eating that much and with that type of workout means you are going for size. Am i correct in this assumption? ..How is progress, you noticing mass from the squatting?

I'm itching to get back to workouts, my back is coming along, another week I think.
    Yeah, it's for mass. I always have so much trouble building leg size, though. I guess I've gained a little bit in the last month or so. I've a bunch of stuff for leg mass... squats to failure, Pavel-style training, 20rep squats. The result is that I'm just an ectomorph. I mean, my legs aren't that skinny, but they're not huge either. I'm only 170. But you can see 3 of my 4 quadriceps heads so that's pretty cool

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Of course, it's not easy to cook anything but "Top Ramen" in a "crock-pot" And college communal kitchens are usually disgustingly filthy, as they leave it to the students to clean up after themselves.

About the mass-building - strangely, I've gained about 8 pounds in the last few months, and my only regular exercise is hindu Squats. Go figure. Some of that will go away when I start doing more cardio again, but I think half of it is leg mass. Besides which, my legs are looking stronger than ever.

ive been eating 1g protein per lb of bodyweight and all that each day for a few weeks as well as training each day now and nothing has happened

ur lucky man!

dawood

Originally posted by dezhen2001
    ive been eating 1g protein per lb of bodyweight and all that each day for a few weeks as well as training each day now and nothing has happened

ur lucky man!

dawood
    Dude, no matter what diets and formulas you follow, everybody has a genetic max. You can't beat that. Unless you started eating huge and seriously weight training, you're unlikely to see any more gains. Don't worry about it; get strong, stay wiry and dominate!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

i guess, im actually pretty happy with the way i am, just wish i was a little bit heavier

now im training again the strength and flexibility is coming back which is kewl

dawood

How old are you, Dezhen?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

maaate im 23, was my bday a few weeks ago
    answering this post made me burn my 6 slices of toast oh wells guess the marmite will cover it.

dawood

Charcoal is good for the digestion.

By the time you hit thirty you'll probably be able to gain a bit more bulk. Only a bit mind.

Never mind. Being an ectomorph has advantages!