Thread: Home gym: Squat racks

Home gym: Squat racks

Any suggestions? I'd love to get a cage but I don't think it'll fit in the garage with the cars. I'm not looking to go super heavy but still want a quality product.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I know I dont have any room for a squat rack of any size worthy of use. I mean to handle some of the weights you get up to... just need too massive of a rack, not to mention the cost of the weights and the space THEY take up. I prefer to train one leg at a time and eliminate the need for such hardware. I tend to stick to lunges, deadlifts, and one-leg squats. I know with deadlift it takes a load of weight too but at least you minimize the space requires since there is no spot bar/hooks needed.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

I don’t know where u at but I was just looking at one in Dick's … $200 but no weights tho… comes with a bench w/leg ext… its not like a CAGE which I would rather get but the cost I comparable… and I don’t find them in any stores… so what am I to do… but it is HUGE... even has a pulldown station...
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv