I'm not going to argue with you anymore on this..I think you are talking out of your ass and have a very closed mind..you obviously do not understand martial arts or kung fu from a tactical point of view..I could care less if the ITF or WTF guys kick for power..bottom line, they are still only kickers, someone who can fight in all the other ranges has more chance of survival in real combat..given the situation, wher he may end up etc.. Increase your efficiency in all ranges and you increase your odds of walking away from a fight. TKD can be "effective" when practiced by someone who possesses the physical skill and experience to make it such. Furthermore, these effectife TKD guys know how to use their hands too...they are not fools like you and think that their feet alone will save their asses.

I think that you are probably the bigger idiot here because you have chosen to study a system without the willingness to empty your cup so that it may be refilled with more knowledge and a deeper understanding of body mechanics and combat efficiency. You are unable to see past TKD and are looking for nothing more than a cheaper way to acheive the same means....you will not. I doubt very much you have the power and speed that the effective TKD guys have.., the good thing about other arts is that you do not necesarily need to be fast or powerful...just understand how to control space, lead an opponent out of his comfort zone, and strike to take balance...you will learn none of this in TKD. Go kick air and watch your shadow...that is about all your opinions and complaints are worth in my opinion [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Michael Panzerotti
Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..