In order to help unite the CLF family I think it would be cool to start a new tread every week that talks about the different CLF masters that we have come in contact with or have been told stories from out Sifus and any good or cool things these masters did. For example any stories on skill, kindness, or what you admire about them. We can talk about all different masters from different branches, but only good stuff. This week I would like to talk about Lau Bun, and next week about Lee Koon Hung.

I have never meet Lau Bun, I am to young but this is a story my sifu told me about him. When my sifu was younger he was studying kempo from a big hawaiian kempo master. This kempo master was very tough. My sifu told me that he used to have to take kicks in the groin from him. Well my sifus kempo master and he heard about Lau Bun and wanted to meet him so they went to go visit him. My sifu said Lau Bun was very nice and his master talked with Lau Bun about martial arts and theory. It got to the point when my sifus master wanted to see Lau Bun in action so Lau Bun agreed to have my sifus master throw a punch at him. My sifu told me that his master threw this fast puch to Lau Buns face and that Lau Bun side stepped it and did a pok sau with 2 fingers, then grabbed the kempos masters wrist and threw the kempo master to the ground very hard. My sifu said that Lau Bun moved so fast and looked so effortless when he moved. After that my sifus master got up looked at my sifu and said, this guy is good, you have to learn from him.

Well thats my story, I thought it was pretty cool. Does anyone else have any stories of Lau Bun?