Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ouch--WC in UFC on bullshido site :(

Ouch--WC in UFC on bullshido site :(

Owww that clip looks painful. I'm not sure if that's been posted here yet.

The WC guy got taken down almost immediately and spanked on the ground...ohh well...I'd been wanting to see that clip for awhile.

I think it's only a matter of time though when a serious WC guy gets into the UFC and knows grappling as well etc...

http://bullshido.tv/dl_info.asp?id=99

Akuma wrote:

I think it's only a matter of time though when a serious WC guy gets into the UFC and knows grappling as well etc... A

WCK is grappling - and striking too. Perhaps it has more to do with having a WCK practitioner that has the *skill* not to be taken to the ground. TN

Terence

I think a world class wrestler should learn wing chun.
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

If Wing Chun was a man, he would be The Man...

jah
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

line

who was he a student of.... what line did this fall under just curious...

Re: line = Moy Yat

Asbel Cancio,

Florida Prison Guard and Ving Tsun instructor under the Moy Yat lineage. From what I remember, the Moy Yat organization did not have much in the way of information about Mr. Cancio and if he was a certified instructor or level/amount of training in the Moy Yat system.

Starts out with a mun sao, gets taken down with a double leg takedown, mounted and pounded into submision from the mount.

In slowing down the fight one notices that Asbel did not have a response for the launch of the shoot for the takedown. From there it was all over.

Originally posted by edward
    who was he a student of.... what line did this fall under just curious...
    David Williams
    http://www.wingchun.com
    Kim sut, Lok ma, Ting yu, Dung tao, Mai jiang

what are you saying

he was blocking with his face!

Cool On the other hand...

Bullshido also posted a clip of Jose Grados' Music video.

http://209.197.240.134/media/sifu_music_video.html

"Someone anonymously submitted this rap video of Sifu José Gurano performing Wing Chun. I've got to admit, it's a catchy tune."

Looks like the contest for American Wing Chun Idol is ON!
    David Williams

Re: Ouch--More Phoney Ving Tsun CR*P:(

Originally posted by Akuma
    Owww that clip looks painful. I'm not sure if that's been posted here yet.
    Any good grappler would have killed the wrestler on that entry. Good Wing Chun would have killed him long before. Look at the clip again and see the wrestler faking, shucking, and jiving---wide open for a Wing Chun entry and finish.
    The WC guy got taken down almost immediately and spanked on the ground...ohh well...I'd been wanting to see that clip for awhile.
    The clip says the fat boy was trained in Ving Tsun, not Wing Chun. I don't understand why the wrestler bothered to hit the guy on the ground. He could have finished much more quickly with a submission hold.
    I think it's only a matter of time though when a serious WC guy gets into the UFC and knows grappling as well etc...
    Maybe. Of course real Wing Chun doesn't require grappling in these stand-up situations.

Regards,
    Uber Field Marshall Grendel

Mm Yan Chi Dai---The Cantonese expression Mm Yan Chi Dai, translates to "Misleading other people's children." The idiom is a reference to those teachers who claim an expertise in an art that they do not have and waste the time and treasure of others.

Wing Chun---weaponized Chi (c)

Re: what are you saying

Originally posted by edward
    he was blocking with his face!
    Exactly!! I saw the same thing.
    JK

Re: On the other hand...

Originally posted by planetwc
    Bullshido also posted a clip of Jose Grados' Music video.

http://209.197.240.134/media/sifu_music_video.html

"Someone anonymously submitted this rap video of Sifu José Gurano performing Wing Chun. I've got to admit, it's a catchy tune."

Looks like the contest for American Wing Chun Idol is ON!
    I'll be the first to admit I'm a newbie to wing chun but I really like the stuff Grados has on his site.

I think more instructors should follow his example and put some demonstration techniques on the web.

That way people from other lineages can see how techniques can be applied in similar/same or different ways

I think some wing chun people or just martial arts instructors in general are scared to put stuff up like Grados has because they're scared that because anyone can see it, they'll be more subjected to judgement and scrutiny by other people in the martial arts community.

Thing is, lots of people have big talk about what is good and what isn't and yet they don't show anyone their techniques etc in video so it's sort of pointless and hypcritical.

I'm starting to ramble now so I'll stop but you guys get my point

Stop living in denial when the proof is before you. The only way to stop a takedown is to be prepared for it. If you dont know what that is, you never will. Talking theory and slowing down video is armcahir photography. Train for real and that won't happen to you. Do your forms and wooden dummy and get into a fight, ................................the same will happen to you.

Truth...it's what's for dinner.

David of Planet WC pointed out that the guy didnt do anything when the takedown began-
    dont blame wing chun- blame the guy who like most dont know wing chun. Since there is no quality control- anybody can claim to be doing wing chun.

I dont understand why they dont get goo at fighting on the ground first before they go in.
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

If Wing Chun was a man, he would be The Man...

Question

Part of it IS analyzing fights and what went wrong.
    Boxers do that. Pro Football teams do it as well.

I certainly agree that it makes sense to train against a takedown (such as the sprawl and counterstriking during the initial moments of the shoot). That said there aren't really any guarentees against takedowns or we'd see that wrestlers would just stop other wrestlers from doing so 100% of the time.

Not having a strategy for takedowns and not training for them is being in denial. Analyzing a fight in slow motion certainly isn't.

Originally posted by KenWingJitsu
    Stop living in denial when the proof is before you. The only way to stop a takedown is to be prepared for it. If you dont know what that is, you never will. Talking theory and slowing down video is armcahir photography. Train for real and that won't happen to you. Do your forms and wooden dummy and get into a fight, ................................the same will happen to you.

Truth...it's what's for dinner.
    David Williams