Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I guide my qi?

hey guys

i would say qigong is many things - least of all learning about your body... how to relax, correct posture, structure, movement... also the mind and intention.

i think maybe its similar in kung fu forms, as they are linked

im sure NPM has got its own qigong as part of the syllabus, most traditional kung fu styles do, wether stand alone qigong, or integrated in the forms you practise.

i would ask your Sifu as of course he knows better how it relates to your skill

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Frogman,

You'll find, when you are calm and at peace, and your "energy" are no longer "spread" througout your body, you cant "move" your fingers, limbs etc straight away. Something you will discover sooner or later if you are into any form of shamata meditation.

And when you try and move it, you can see your thought and energy move towards it, and your limbs move again. Its quite a strange "experience" even after a few times.... like you're really dead.
    Sorry for absense, lots happening.

Hello guys I think I have a long way to go. I have not talked to my Sifu in detail about the subject if I was taking Tai Chi I’m sure we would go over it more often. I do know that in Kung Fu the intent is to use your energy and focus on the attack point. FYI, I had a great time doing my Tiger Fork routine in the show last night, but I did not feel the energy as I hoped to. I did an empty hand form and there was one point that I nailed the move and felt it. Not so much qi but the connection. The move was step behind and turn quickly into a horse stance. My body fell into place and stopped my focus was on the point just past my hand and I knew that I nailed it instantly. This felt great and I can only imagine that if I had more control of my qi it would have been that much better. So looking forward I plan on building on this even if it’s little by little I’m sure the result will be well worth it. Thanks again for your input I am going to start reading more in this forum as I am trying to bring my internal and external together.

RibHit
    fm
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

why not work on your forms and let things take care of themselves

dawood

Good point, I have a feeling that I will get the feeling when it’s ready to come out. I am not trying to force it but do want to remain aware of it. Much like working on making my form come together I try to bring the complete package together. Then again I do realize the hazards of biting off more then I can chew.

RibHit
    fm
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

i have found things take care of themselves if you practise your form and pay attention to relaxing and detail

have you ever noticed that if you are looking for something you can never find it?

dawood