1. Election Fiasco

2. 911

3. Enron, Worldcom and other Corporate scandals

4. Economy and stocks hitting bottom

5. Iraq

6. N. Korea

7. Shuttle disaster

.... 2 more years of GW Bush?

Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

I curse him all the time.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

So far, except for #3, those have all been beneficial to him politically, so I guess he is cursed!

lol
    strike!

Let's see
    1) He got in despite losing the popular vote.
    2) He has received nearly free reign over our civil liberties under the mantle of protecting Fatherland...I mean Homeland Security.
    3) Somehow he managed to bury the conversations with energy and utility execs prior to the scandals since it wasn't in the interest of the american public(but a bj was???)
    4) Pushing a tax cut that the american people don't want(don't blast me on that one, you personally may want it but that's sort of anecdotal. I am just looking at poll data) and justifying rampant deficit spending. Hmmmm, sounds familiar.
    5) Gets to engender further jingoistic public support for policies plus see number 2.
    6) N. Korea, timing is such it's effectively being whitewashed by Iraq situation.
    7) Played the strong guy now gets to come out and do the compassion thing. The political downside to this is what?

Personally I'd have to say that the man is remarkably fortunate. And may one day give a prior Pres a run for his money as the Teflon man.
    Most fights start standing up. Keep it there.-standup school
    Most fights end up on the ground. Take it there.-ground school
    Fights start where they start and go where they go. Go or take it whereever works best.-MMA

1. Losing the popular vote/election fiasco. Not the first President to win the electoral but not the popular, probably not the last. This is a republic, not a democracy. The alternative is open rebellion of the less populated states. If a fiasco existed it rests squarely upon the shoulders of (portions of) the FL voting system.

2. 9/11 and the loss of freedoms. It could be (and has been) argued that Pres. Clinton's threatening military action...then just bombing and declaring victory emboldened many of the U.S.'s enemies, who began to think the U.S. would never "follow through". I agree that our subsequent loss of freedoms and increasing police state is both frightening and a MAJOR strike against Pres. Bush.

3. Corporate scandals. Just browsing the folders on Enron...here's a few facts oft overlooked by our "unbiased" media.
    "From 1990 to 1994 Enron gave 42% of their donations to the Democrats .Florida's state pension fund, which lost $325 million on Enron, is examining what role Frank Savage, a major Democratic donor, may have played in the state's loss. The fund's investments were directed by Alliance Capital Management, where Savage was a senior executive and chairman at the same time he sat on Enron's board. He has donated $100,000 to Democrats and is raising money for New York gubernatorial candidate Carl McCall. Lloyd Bensten, Clinton's first treasury secretary, was a recipient of Enron's money. At the time of his campaign for Senate, he received the second largest donation from Enron. The bulk of Enron's alleged chicanery had to have happened during the Clinton administration. Clinton officials publicly helped Enron win the contract in India as well as in Indonesia. Enron had received U.S. government funds to build power plants in China, the Philippines and Turkey. Enron also won contracts in Pakistan and Russia while accompanying senior U.S. government officials on state trips. In June 1996, four days before India granted final approval to Enron's project, Lay's company gave $100,000 to the DNC."
    To sum up, it wasn't a dem or repub thing, it was a POLITICAL thing, but it's funny to watch the media try to lay it off on Republican's without hitting any of their own. Also, though the U.S. public may have been mostly interested in the Clinton BJ, his political opponents were mostly upset about lying under oath...an offense for which people are JAILED. As they should be.
    4. Economy...I think it's pretty obvious that market forces are pretty much out of the control of any of the administrations sitting in the Oval office. At least out of the control of a President who's just been in office a little over 2 years! But, I agree that for better or worse the sitting President does get the flak or credit for the economy. Also, the "unbiased" polls I've seen on the proposed tax cut are all worded: "Would you rather have a tax cut, or COMPLETELY ELIMINATE THE DEFICIT." <---Note, no money returned from a tax cut could do that. Everyone I know wants more money back and thinks the government is a wasteful, bloated monster that will just waste their money if they get to keep it. Just check out all the pork being pushed on both sides of the isle snuck into almost any bill being sent to Bush, and I'd guess you agree. Large government sucks, which was implied earlier when talking about Homeland Security. It's funny how the tune changes as we talk about different (usually politically charged) aspects of our government.
    5. Iraq. Iraq is something he'll only be criticized for, since the alternative...(letting them develop whatever they want to strike Israel and possibly the U.S.) is far less likely to happen after the U.S. strikes. The only saving grace for Bush may come after the (presumed) victory and dark closets are opened.
    6 N. Korea. I admit I may need some educating on this...but, N. Korea was taking aid from the U.S. which we were offering because they agreed to quit working with their nuclear programs.
    Then, they come out and say, "Ha, ha, U.S. you are so stupid, we've continued the programs and have nukes." And after this announcement we dropped the aid. I just see this as cause and effect.
    7. Shuttle disaster. Hmmm...maybe. Republican's get the reigns, call for tax cuts. Meaning less funding for NASA, who fires the guy who would've caught the problem? Yeah, it's thin. Dam thin, but possible I suppose.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

It isn't GW Bush that is cursed, but the rest of the world that is cursed with GW Bush.

Pls, forward any hatemail to: I_don't_care@spam.com.

Bush is the President(ergo figure-head), he is neither the cause nor responsible for those things happening.

I doubt if the US President can go against the Senate and win, he does what his advisers tell him is the correct course of action.

Most of those legislation I would assume been lying in a drawer for a loong time and were just waiting for the right circumstances to be put into place.

Just my opinion.
    Witty signature under construction.

www.whitehouse.org

You'll love it.
    Be sure to fill in the Arab Registration Form.

Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Bushes

I'll never forget the cover of Conspiracy Report that had Bush Sr. standing menacingly inside the CIA logo. It still scares me. For another scare check this out WARNING - if you look at this site, no doubt the home security/patriot act agents will be confiscating your computer soon.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Interesting website gene.
    strike!

Re: Bushes

Originally posted by GeneChing
    WARNING - if you look at this site, no doubt the home security/patriot act agents will be confiscating your computer soon.
    Please, note, this applies ONLY to people in the USA.

The rest of the world is free to watch as much as we want.
    Witty signature under construction.

I thought twice and checked it. I live in the USA.

I sure hope they dont take my computer, then how would I do my homework or bring my work home?

strike!

Another excellent post, Radh. I'll just add this: Yes, Bush met with Enro execs. They asked for Bush to bail them out of their mess. He refused. Clinton met with Chinese officials and gave them every secret they asked for just a campaign contribution.

Tax cuts- they worked for Reagan. And they worked for Kennedy before him.

The shuttle- it is sad that the libs have to take any tragedy and turn it into political mud. But there you are. The first shuttle disaster was blamed on Reagan, and it didn't stick. I doubt this accusation will stick either.

That was a pretty interesting site Gene....makes me think we have some defensive systems in place around the Pentagon that we want kept secret.
    Regarding polls and the typical U.S. citizen's willingness to go war, I found this today:

"...the latest Gallup poll finds overall support for an invasion at 58 percent. And according to a recent ABC News/Washington Post poll, a bare majority now say they would support military action even without UN approval.

Given that the administration hasn't even finished making its case - and hasn't actually called for war - analysts say the current level of support is striking." - CSMonitor

The article also points out that Bush Sr. didn't have this level of support, at this point, before the first Gulf War.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

Bush isn't cursed...

he's friggin awesome.

People aren't used to seeing an American President who actually stands for something. Must have been the 8 years of wishy washy stick your finger in the air and see which way the wind is blowing then get a bj politics that everybody has gotten used to.

I actually wanted McCaine, but I think we got the better man and I'm glad that my primary pick didn't make it.

It's too bad people feel it's rotten to have some dignity and pride.

4 more years, 4 more years, 4 more years!