Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Is GW Bush Cursed

patriot:

e. US is the biggest nuclear power. It is the only country that had actually dropped the atomic bombs - twice - killing many thousands of innocent civilians. It has repeatedly threatened to use nuclear bombs if necessary. I don't hear Iraq or any other countries making such threats.

- Are you saying US has no chemical and biological weapons stockpiled?

No. It is not illegal for the United States to do so.

US as indicated is the only nation that has ever used the atomic bombs, twice.

How many years ago? The United States also used exploding bullets during the conquest of the phillipines, good luck putting Roosevelt on trial for war crimes, and good luck getting Truman too. Saddam Hussein has used chemicial weapons on his enemies, foreign and domestic. Saddam Hussein has used biological weaponds on his enemies, foreign and domestic.

US has veto power in the UN - how can any resolution be passed against it?

So does England, France, China, and Russia. How can resolutions be passed against them? The United Nations is a political body created by western powers. The UN was chartered in the United States and hosted officially in the United States. The United States troops make up the majority of all United nations peacekeepers and workers all over the world on all sorts of different missions. Are you pointing out that the United Nations is run by the most powerful country on earth? Well yes and no, but mostly yes. There is nothing criminal about that, thats good politics.

Note that the US has avoided participation in the International Criminal Court

Note that the United States has a long history of not wanting to be involved or bound by the United Nations. The US didnt even start paying its UN dues until sometime in the 90s.

The United States didnt come into power overnight buddy. Some say might makes right. We all know the winners write history - and to the victors go the spoils.

strike!

Is Dubya cursed?

Well, dunno about that, but I'd sure like to bang his twin drunk f*ck sl*t daughters. Now there's a couple of wetlands I wouldn't mind drilling in...
    K. Mark Hoover

Budokan, I think you can get them. Just claim they are hiding weapons of mass seduction. When the UN inspectors give up on finding the zipper, the girls are yours.

Dubya needs a pie in the face.

Rumsfeld with Hussein
    Fun is my Chinese neighbors middle name...

Yeah makes you wonder about or leader's decision making abilities...

Regarding the discussion on Islam and hatred towards jews and christians...
    I don't know enough about Islam, and I don't know any scriptures that I can quote. But I do know this: When the quran mentions the word jews ( arabic: Yahud) , it is mentioning the specific jews of Mecca and Medina, who turned against the prophet Muhammad, and allied themselves with the rulers of these cities who wanted to kill him. And these jews where actually ethnically ARABS who had converted to Judaism some centuries before. and, some other jews fought side by side with Muhammad against them. When the Quran mentions the jews of antique times, it uses the phrase " The children of Israel", which is also used in the Torah and the Bible. Actually, after the Muslim conquest of north africa, the middle east and a large part of asia, the Jews in these countries had a rennaiscance in their culture, and was was able to practise their religion fully, and had high positions in government, as well as the christians. Jewish sages of muslim countries that i can mention: the spanish Salomo ibn Gabirol, the egyptian Moses Maimonides as well as many others. Actually there is more horrible things that can be read in the other religion's texts, as these things written in the Talmud ( forgive me if i am wrong on this, i read it in an article on the internet ) : The virgin Mary is a *****, jesus is a sorcerer and an adulterer ( sorry for the spelling ), Jesus burns in hell in hot boiling excrements, it is not a sin for a jew to kill a christian, the non-jews are no better than animals, and so on. Excuse me if i am wrong again, as i don't want to start a flame-thread and a religious war.
    may peace and tolerance between religions be the winner.

The virgin Mary wasn't a wh0re, that was Mary Magdalene.

thankyou for your post chen zhen
    a lot clearer than what i have posted

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

radhnoti and dnc

radhnoti, the elimination of an electoral college for the national election does not constitute a shift to pure democracy. That's why I specifically stated that the Senate would still be in place. You choose to believe that would result in open revolt. I disagree. Can't really argue a speculation like that.

dnc, actually I have read through it. Cheney and Bush have steadfastly refused to comment on the subject of those meetings and no transcripts or recordings were ever released. So again I say, your speculation as to the subject of the meeting doesn't make it so. And if they did refuse aid why didn't they initially disclose it? Maybe I missed it, maybe they did. Got a link to a news article?
    Most fights start standing up. Keep it there.-standup school
    Most fights end up on the ground. Take it there.-ground school
    Fights start where they start and go where they go. Go or take it whereever works best.-MMA

A solution to the Bush problem: send him a box of Pretzels.

myosimka,

Ok, not a pure democracy...which is something I got off on a rant about...you'll note I started out talking about straight democratic ELECTIONS. Sorry for the lack of clarity, but you'd be impressed with my relative clarity on these boards if you ever met me in person.
    But, ditching the electoral college would change the votes of less populated states into a non-factor. I do think that would...SHOULD lead to open revolution.
    It doesn't matter anyway, the smaller states will never be foolish enough to give up the electoral college. Why would they allow the big city areas a monopoly on choosing the President...who is supposed to represent us all?

As an aside, I guess I'll mention here that Mr. Powell's speech to the U.N. swayed quite a few opinions here in the U.S. The latest (meaningless) polls showed a big jump in support for President Bush. I'll tell you how well he did, NPR called some of his evidence d-amning, and said he made a great case! I've almost never heard Dan Shore and Scott Simon take such a Bush-positive stance.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

myosimka, that is a long way to go back for links. I'll just repeat, if it didn't take place why are all the libs whining about it? And there obviously was no bailout as they not only went under, but got their butts investigated. As far as Bush not telling us all about what happened, I've noticed that he doesn't waste a lot of time replying to the petty accusations of the Dems and the media. I'll give him this much credit, that is a smart move. It gives no credence to their ravings and allows them to showcase their own bias and partisanship.

He is NOT cursed. He's a moron. That's all.

BTW...he lost Florida. The Supreme Court had NO jurisdiction
    to declare him a winner. They do those type of things in South
    America....using courts to win elections. It's called anti-democratic
    friends helping friends.
    You know how Americans are, Kiki. They all love to travel, and then they only want to meet other Americans and talk about how hard it is to get a decent hamburger.
    From Naked Lunch (1991)

"BTW...he lost Florida." NYerRoman

Bush won Florida, Gore wanted a recount on the premise that the voting technology was old. So how exactly did Bush "lose Florida?" Too bad the Courts called "No Do-Overs", huh?

It's also interesting to point out that during another election (for governor, I assume), Florida had ANOTHER voting problem, this time with new voting equipment. This time, ANOTHER recount was asked for, on the premise that "the people couldn't figure out how to use the new technology properly".

LOL bush so robbed Florida.

I have been reading about this and he really mad a mug of Gore and Americans in general.

I think his master stroke in Florida was having hundreds of black gore voting guys struck off the register for being fellons. They only had to Have a similar name, birthday or adress as a fellon to be disqualified.

Also during the recount Gore only 66 votes down (from the previouse 500 odd) before bush managed to get the supreme court to stop the recount.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?