Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Heart of a Lion Can`t go far on the Legs of a Chicken - Foundations!

Yes, Garry is my Sifu.

Air is pressed into the dan tien. Then the energy wants to come out. The main path out is through your arm. On the other hand power is used downward and backward through the legs. Thus the balance of power is generated.
    YKM would always have air in reserve. The breath is never let all the way out. We breath out through the nose with short breaths for each strike and breath in when we step or when clawing inwards. I have a feeling that the shock from the Dan Tian can be produced both ways - breath out or breath in. The ging expands out in all directions (with the use of fau chun tun tau) - down the legs and up out the hands.

We also sink in out stances when we pull in as well as sinking on some stikes.

Hope that helps.

Lowlynobody.

Thumbs up reverse breathing

Lau ... this is what we call reverse breathing in our style Bak mei. which is the same as pak mei, right?

My eyes lit up as soon as you said the part about the spear hand with the left and punch with the right. I wish I had a dime for every time i did that technique. lol

Does your school have a web site? Just got through looking at Sifu Gary's site.. very nice. Love to see Bak Mei.

A Bak mei saying for your guys. I think only the Bak mei artists will really get this one...

"you punch, I block, fight's over."

Let me know what you guys think. My sifu says that one a lot. And it makes so much sence when he demonstrates that theory on you.

my Sifu's school www.mauryskungfu.com
    my ShiJiao's school www.looangfoopai.com

---------------------------------------------
    "is it ok to monkey around in a monkey kung fu school?"
    monkeymaster

Hi Lau

Hi Lau, did you get that long-winded email I sent you in reply?

I'll agree that Jik Bo is left spear, right punch, pull. At senior level, we do it both sides, but juniors only one sided.

Ever try doing one set of three moves on the inhale, and the next set on the exhale. Tell me if it makes any sense to you.

Our basic Jik Bo is the three moves mentioned, but I have seen it adapted and converted into combinations of 4, 5 or 6 by different people. I prefer the shorter version.