Thread: Forearm and Leg "wraps"

baochui Guest

Forearm and Leg "wraps"

Hello,

Does anyone know the details of how to make authentic wraps for the forearms and shins that are often seen being worn by the monks? I want to make them so that I can use them for use with the Dit Da Jow, thanks.

Respectfully,
    Wade

fiercest tiger Guest

what do you mean by leg wraps???

are they like the socks the monks wear or are you talking about dit dar poultice wraps?

can you explain it abit more? :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

Subitai Guest

The wraps are nothing special

They are only ruff pieces of cloth to help hold the lower leg muscles firmly to the bones. They generally fit like a web wrapped over the sock covering the lower leg. They prevent shin splints and act as a brace.
    This was partly utilized because they often train on hard surfaces like temple floors. Perhaps there are other reasons.

Some friendly advice as well, just in case. Do not soak the wraps and oversaturate your skin w/ JOW for long periods of time. You can become OVER SENSITIZED to jow and develop alergic skin reactions. I have a few bros. who have done this.

In general the damaged area should breathe...at least somewhat.

When I went to SL Temple, I asked and this was the answer I got. I admit they may be other ways to use those things, possible involving JOW.
    I just wanted to share what I have learned.

Peace,
    "O"