Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: " Why Kung Fu Won't Work In Combat!! "

" As far as that clip goes, that?s a perfect example of what happens to someone who fights full contact for the first time after years of "semi-contact" sparring."

This clip is an example of somebody whom never fought for contact period, semi or other wise. This person, if he fought at all, did Karate point fighting. He just stood there with his hand out. Who voted this guy in as the champion for kung fu, I didn't. Lets send ST00, he's obviously a better example of kung fu excellence. (sarcasm)

He 's got what it takes and could probably beat you. He did a little Jow Gar and BJJ. Occording to him thats enough.

So wing chun is the only Kung fu you can find an example of? This is funny, since I don't do wing chun and couldn't care less. Let the wing chun guys explain this.

Oh Btw, before you get too chummy with Knifefighter, he thinks all you San shou guys are a joke.

wing chun is as applicable as any other kung fu style. After all these are MASTERS.

The Dark Side

Although I didn't used to think so, I now believe Sifu Abel is a Dark-Sider. He has competed, full contact. Trains and spars full contact. Does grappling and groundwork. Works on conditioning and strength work, but knows you can still get injured. Definitely a Dark-Sider.

BTW, I don't think San Shou is a joke... especially if it does all the things I mentioned above.

You might find a bit of disagreement on that with the board at large. But thats another issue. So now you are saying its all the same. Same as Jow Gar?

Does he represent your style?

Yes I have, AS kung fu practitioner. There is no dark side. There is only the side you created.

Same as Jow Gar?

Sure. any traditional MA that uses forms instead of fully resiting, skilled opponents.

Like me? No. I am a san shou/judo/bjj/wrestler guy. We are not traditional kungfu.

knifefighter: i am training the top of my head so my bone density increases and skin becomes harder. thats why when i got bottled and the bricks broken on my head the skin didnt break. does that mean i am invulnerable? Nope - the bottle hurt like bugerry!

it means my bone density has increased and skin is tougher so i didnt sustain a flesh wound or cracked skull. Thankfully. isnt that what conditioning is?

no big deal.

i said i was testing my skill and ability to absorb a blow with the strikes... does it mean im silly enough to let someone stand there or do it all the time? nope!

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

Your ingnorance knows no bounds. So its all the same. LOL! It's all the same usage, strategy and technique.

If this last statement doesn't make you the laughing stock of this board I don't what else you can say.

Thank you for revealing what an abject troll fraud you are.

"Sure. any traditional MA that uses forms instead of fully resiting, skilled opponents."

This is the crutch you limp on? This bloated generalization? What about all those that DO work with resistence? Are they now somehow not doing Kung fu? You should quit while you're behind, like you did with Jow Gar.

As far as "iron head" training, give me a break. I will give $10,000 cash to anyone who will stand and let me hit them repeatedly in the face and walk away with no ill effects. dezhen, you up for it?

Reply]
    Who said Iron Head was for intentionally subjecting your self to repeated hits??

Is it going to give you a major advantage if it happens? Are your chances of surviving an encounter better with this training? I'd have to say so, but if you expect me to just stand there and let you beat me, your frik'n nuts.

Of course, if we "Did" agree some sort of stupid test like this, are you prepared to risk a broken hand??
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

You should quit while you're behind, like you did with Jow Gar.
    Amen Brother!

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

ShaolinTiger00

Your Wing Chun video shows nothing more than a young instructor jumping and old master. He is and was then past his prime. Sure, he's alot more than most old men his age, but he's still older, and past his prime.

I dare say "Old man" Gracie would fair no against his mediocer fighters, let alone one of his best.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Originally posted by Royal Dragon

Of course, if we "Did" agree some sort of stupid test like this, are you prepared to risk a broken hand??
    Who said anything about hands? My preferred striking surface is my elbow. I can pretty much guarantee someone's face will split open long before my elbow breaks.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 02-07-2003 at 01:08 PM.

repost:I've noticed also that many don't understand what goes under the catch word "t

I've noticed also that many don't understand what goes under the catch word "techniques". This blankets many things such as deflections, redirections, interceptions, jamming , footwork, traps, pull in's, strategy and many other things. Which you actaully see in a lot of in san shou. Which is why I don't get why they think its something seperate. Somehow saying the word "techniques" conjures up images of Ralph Machio dangling his leg in "Crane" position. *chuckling* Or some convoluted technique cooked up by the mcdojo crowd. Techniques in Kung fu are not that difficult or obscure. Pulling something from you form can be as simple as doing a deflection and punch combo, a knock down, a sweep. Any of those thing constitutes as "using " your "techniques."