Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Robert Fleming?

Robert Fleming?

Wanted to know if anyone knows of Robert Fleming in the new hampshire area? Also would like to know if he still teaches or if he teaches privately? Any info would be appreciated I am looking for a place to train.

robert

Did he used to do wah lum?
    If it is him may know how to get a message to him

Yes I think he did teach wah lum and was very good at it from what I was told. Any info would be great...Thank you

7kicks

He posts on this forum under the id name flem. Hopefully it is the same guy you are looking for. You can pm him

I looked him up but he does not include pm in his profile nor does he accept e-mails. Thanks for your help

7 Kicks,

You could train with Gary Keating And Mike Kalendarian, Wah Lum instructors who took over Sifu Johnson's old school in Concord, Mass. It's about 30 minutes south of Nashua. They are kind of 'hard core' guys who like to work the 'applications'. Their # is 978 371 0222. Good luck.

7kicks

try messaging Art D, i think he has contacted him before?

dont know him
    "For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother"

Spiralstair,

I went to the concord school a couple of years ago and met the 2 students who took over the school, this is what happened. I was invited to the school to watch a class and was told that there were openings for new students, I drove 40 minutes to get there and stayed about an hour and was ready to start my training. After class for some odd reason they no longer had any openings in the adult evening class after being told there was!! I got the feeling that they picked and choosed who they wanted to train. I also told them I had experience in the past in wah lum and gave them some names of past instructors they actually checked my story out to see if I was lying to them. Very strange behavior. What I viewed in the class they were giving were 2 what seemed to be stuck on themselves junior instructors. maybe things have changed but I was left with a bad taste.

Question 7Kicks: This was a Wah Lum school?

RibHit
    fm
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

Frogman,

Yes this was the Wah Lum school in Concord MA.

7 Kicks,

Well , at least I had one thing right...the travel time from southern N.H...

It's not so strange to check on a new student's story, sometimes one can unknowingly step deep into a fellow sifu's student relationship troubles by taking their student's story at face value...though it is kinda wierd to open the door, and then close it, all in one night.

My sense when I met them was they were pretty good guys, and long term practitioners...

Anyway, good luck.
    Last edited by spiralstair; 02-07-2003 at 12:17 PM.

Shrfu Johnson

Is Shrfu Johnson`s first name Mike? If so, a straight-up guy. As for the fellows that took over, did they test with Master P. Chan? Anyway, atleast they "try" to figure out the applications, more than I can say for most in WL. One exception is Shrfu D. Scott who, for the most part, has the drive to learn the Martial aspect of WL. Good luck on that, a GrandTeacher in your style needs to pass on these treasures. If P. Chan knows the applications to this hybrid system known as Wal Lum. Why is it left up to the student and Teacher to "figure" out the applications? Shoudnt this be taught to you? WL being a Northern Praying Mantis Style is a joke.

Flem are you out there?

yu shan,

some people are better served by seeking answers on their own... they can handle information in chunks, and develop themselves through the traditional attributes of hard work, loyalty, and perserverence.

other people are better served by having their information 'pre-digested', served Gerber style without any 'chewing' left to do.
    Different strokes for different folks.
    Only thing is, it doesn't seem to be O.K. with you that there is a way different then yours...and it's the WL way.
    Time to let it go...no?
    Last edited by spiralstair; 02-08-2003 at 08:51 AM.

Unfortunately there are a few of those WL schools out there where no practical apps are taught only forms. But I have seen some that really get into the combat application of WL. I think in general WL is not the only style that suffers from this but all styles do. Anyway I like the style it has alot to offer.