Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fighting

fighting

so anyone got any pointers on fighting someone who keeps his distance and kicks a hell of a lot makeing it hard to come in close???

some ideas

1.intercept, trap, or attack his kicking leg, then close the gap.
    2.fient or fake an attack to distract, then close the gap.
    3.leave an obvious opening for him to attack, draw him in,
    then close the gap.
    4.stay outside his kicking range, make him come to you, wear
    him down, then close the gap.
    5.without warning,close the gap.
    Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary. Cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no commitment that overrides that one. Cut. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Crush him. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit.

or just hit him with a stick.
    Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary. Cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no commitment that overrides that one. Cut. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Crush him. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit.

better yet, wait til he's sleeping. Then hit him with a stick.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Just take out a .45 and *boom*, settwl it.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

serpent

Thats f@cking funny!

FT

kung lek & serpent

it is obvious that your skill and your strategies are exceptional. i am humbled.

thats a lot of cutting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm more of a David Gemell guy myself. I find it hard to sympathise with Goodkind's characters.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

ben gash

you are the 1st to identify the quote, although i did modify it slightly.

i will check out gemell.

Where I live (USA, Planet Earth - unlike Serpent who's terrified of fighting me in person), it is illegal to carry a .45 without a license and even more illegal to use it on a guy who's unarmed.

It is also improbable that an opponent in the ring will be SLEEPING, and likely your sifu won't let you into the ring if the format is hand-to-hand combat (unless you study in MY school where going against sticks is a regularity).

just messing.

In a point sparring ring, try using the legs to jam the kicker. Circling around an opponent also helps a lot. Run the guy down if you have to.

In a NHB scenario, try to go for the sweep and take the guy down.

In the STREET, the guy probably won't be "kicking like crazy to keep his distance". The options in this scenario are nearly unlimited.

Another quite obvious one is to keep your distance and keep yourself well protected. Throw in a few llight kicks once in a while to keep him alert, but basically just let him kick until he's tired and the kicks start to slow. When it's slow enough just dash in after your block with a uppercut (CLF: Fan Chong) or hammer fist behind the neck avec a knee thrust to the solarplexus.
    Your only limitations are the ones you set for yourself.

"Me, I always tell the truth... even when I lie. " - Scarface

"It's about the energy, about concentrating on a single point in time." - Chen Zhen

"Playing video games does not make strong muscles. However it builds lighting fast eye to hand cooridantion and reflexes that allowed me to defeated the former heavy wight san shou champion of the world." - Ralek

BTW forgive my lack of lingo knowledge but i was wondering what NHB means?
    Your only limitations are the ones you set for yourself.

"Me, I always tell the truth... even when I lie. " - Scarface

"It's about the energy, about concentrating on a single point in time." - Chen Zhen

"Playing video games does not make strong muscles. However it builds lighting fast eye to hand cooridantion and reflexes that allowed me to defeated the former heavy wight san shou champion of the world." - Ralek

Originally posted by Shah
    BTW forgive my lack of lingo knowledge but i was wondering what NHB means?
    NHB means No Holds Barred

NHB ussually means no biting, eye-gouging, headbutts, throat shots, kicking or kneeing the head of a person already on the ground, striking the back of the head, or striking to the spine. Both fighters ussually have to wear gloves.
    I think the fighters ussually sign papers that indicate that beyond the rules mentioned above, they will refrain from using any other techniques from their arsenal that are known to be critical.