Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to become more aggressive

Hmmm

Xebsball: "You clearly don't do Xing Yi", well if thats your response I would say that clearly don't do Xing Yi correctly.

Sevenstar: why do you need aggression?, if you let one emotion (and oh what a wasteful and draining one it is) dominate your art, then your art is totally compromised and rigid. I cannot see how this is a sign of success in any martial art, internal or external.
    Last edited by Repulsive Monkey; 02-10-2003 at 08:35 AM.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

How do you plan on smashing another human into the ground without at least a little agression?

strike!

This is based on semantics. I think most people would agree that you need aggression in the form of an assertive strategy, but not in the form of a destructive emotion.

The disagreement here result from using the loaded and ambiguous term "aggression".

Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Repulsive Monkey
    Xebsball: "You clearly don't do Xing Yi", well if thats your response I would say that clealry don't do Xing Yi correctly.

Sevenstar: wht do you need aggression, if you let one emotion (and oh what a wasteful and rraining one it is) dominate your art, then your art is totally compromised and rigid. I cannot see how this is a sign of success in any martial art, internal oe external.
    not emotion...read definition 2 of what brent posted.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    RM clearly cant fight
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Equal parts of Mahuang, FoTti, and Centella with 1-1/2 parts Ginko. that'll get you going
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Agression is not desirable in a fight, energetic determination is what you want.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Xebsball

Very droll, your comment has ashamed and shown me for the charlaton that Imost clearly be then??!! Please just explain to me how agression, in the internal art of Xin Yi, is taught to be used to advance one's knowledge and undertsanding of the art. If this is what your teacher is teaching you, then I suggest you find a school that teaches genuine Xin Yi.

Agression is a most detracting influence and is in no way a platform to better and more concise performance in an art. It is a draining force which for the sake of accuracy can at times increase brute force, but if you rely on one emotion to further your art, why not equally try to rely on sadness, joy, grief, fear or sympathy for development of your art because there is no difference whatsosever. Why can't you see this!!???

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    Xing Yi is an agressive fighting system
    RM doesnt know xing yi
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Sometimes, I don't think people read the original topic, or thread starting post.

Ironfist was "getting owned" because he was too passive... I.e. he wasn't initiating enough and didn't dictate any of the pacing of the fight. His question was, "how do you get more aggressive?" Too many of the responses were, "aggressiveness is bad". This is definitely not aimed at everybody because some guys actually know real fighting, but, to the rest of you: Do you guys suck that badly? Are you that stupid? Have you ever sparred realistically? Would you please stop posting on what you think it would be like to get into a fight and actually fight for once?

Xebsball

First and foremost Xin Yi is one of the 3 sister arts of Internal systems along with Taiji Quan and BaguaZhang. If you were to of said Xin Yi is a consumately dynamic system (or something in that league), then...maybe I might of thought you knew what you were talking about. Xin Yi IS NOT an agressive system, it is just a system. So if you want to add your aggression into then fair enough but you will never master Xin Yi, and you will never master your aggression either. Strangley enough it would appear from your last comment that you supporting my statements with the kind of things you are coming out with, but so be it, I thank you for it.

Good luck with your studies.