Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Review-- or what have we learned recently on KFO?

Hmmmmmm, what have I learned.........................Well.............. .....um.........................That Able has gaine alot of muscle since his pic in Horse stance with two guys on his thighs????????????? Um no, that's not it....................Lets see, Gene hates new smilies???.................Ahm nope, that's not it either..........................................Th at I'm quite a bit smarter than the rest of you???..........possible, but there must be some thing more.......................................I KNOW!!!! The largest thread ever is about talking to the product models from the magazine!!!!! Yup, Thats it!!!

Ok, I'm satified now, nap time for all.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I, as a dog eared redneck cracker, am seriously offended by what that cuban said.

at least i didn't call him a ******.

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    Oh , she's a castro lover.
    Then you deserve each other, you're both pigs.

What do you weigh?

In know you have no brains, but now you've shown you have absolutely no class and possibly the biggest most self deluded ego on this board.

The only thing that pizzes me off is that you would stoop so low as to insult my ethnicity. I didn't call you a dog eared redneck cracker. Although your forhead looks like someone uses it as a billboard.
    ah, jesus christ on a trisket! he wasn't insulting your ethnicity, you knob. he was pulling your leg. if he honestly had a problem with your ethnicity, why would he have married a cuban woman? (whom he obviously loves quite dearly)

this is the problem with these sorts of internet p-ssing contests. people loose all perspective. they paint themselves into a corner where they've got to fight back, even after the fight gets completely bloody ludicrous.

for the love of... that's it. i'm off to beat myself to death with a copy of 'ghandi.'

stuart b.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    KC, I thought you had a redeared crackerneck dog.
    or was that red5?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

LOL @ AP calling Able a "Knob"!!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Oh , she's a castro lover.
    Then you deserve each other, you're both pigs.

In 1999 She and I sponsored and promoted an event that raised $100,000 for Brothers to the Rescue.

In 2001, She and I also went to Cuba, along with members of Amnesty International & other international groups to talk to local Cubans outside the constraints of the tourist areas .

You have no idea how much money, time and passion I've committed to the Cuban-American community. Don't talk about things you don't understand. And don't ever say another word about my wife.

What do you weigh?
    I'm a leggy, size 8 with broad shoulders and a sexy ass!

and possibly the biggest most self deluded ego on this board

I applied for the position but it was taken. Plan on retiring soon?

Buddy, do yourself a favor and forget I am cuban/american. Don't mention it, EVER.

I really don't care what you've "done". This GOV has fu<ked cubans over too many times. You remeber bay of pigs? I AM a cuban, YOU are NOT. YOU are just married to one. You want to say something about me persoanlly thats fine. You say something about my ethnicity.......well........ I won't say anymore.

Just don't go there.

"This again is a point of debate between Skills Based and Traditionals. A traditional thinks that they have the knowledge to deal with such an attack through employing a series of "dirty tricks". But, I say that you lose something if you have to resort to eye gouging, biting, scratching, and pulling hair to "defend" yourself from an attack. I feel that if these are acceptable to you then you can't be much of a martial artist because what skill sets are you showing in your art if you use these "dirty tricks"? Aren't those the responses of the untrained and incapable? Again, this is my opinion, yours could be different and it's equally valid."

IMO if that is what you have to do to win the fight, then you should do it. You only have one life so there's no reason to f*** around and try to fight "honorably". The only place that will get you is killed.

Another thing that I don't get is why people argue about one style being better than the other. There's only so many ways to kick and punch. I personally think that if the person sucks at fighting it is their training method, not their style. For example, when I first started taking Kung Fu(after taking two years of karate) I tried to everything like they showed in class and was constantly getting my arse kicked. I finally decided to train differently and modify some of the techniques and stance until they felt comfortable to me. Now I still loose some fights, but I also win some. I also don't loose nowhere near as bad as I used too. One thing that helps is if you look the technique or block realisticly and try the application against a fully resisting opponent. If a person in a McDojo trains the right way they could beat the hell out of a hardcore BJJ practitioner.

The last thing that bothers me is the people that say groundfighting isn't needed. If you think that you're just ignorant and egotistical. Sure you can sometimes keep it from going to the ground but other times you can't. What if you kick and he kicks back harder knocking you off balance and onto your butt? If you don't know any groundfighting you're screwed. Now you're going to say that you could get up before he got to you.....you just try that when someone is wanting to rip your head off, it's not as easy as you think it is. Also, what if you tripped over something you didn't see and ended up on the ground and before you could react he was on you? What would you do then? Block his strikes with your nose? Doesn't work very good, a know a friend that has tried that before.

So, before you start bashing a certain style, fight with someone who takes it and knows how to train correctly and your opinion just may change. And if you still don't think you need groundfighting go pick a fight with someone who trains in BJJ and just see how long you're able to stand up against him.

I really don't care what you've "done".

Amazing. You just mentioned how proud you were of being Cuban, I just told you of how much I've done for the CA community and now its "yeah. yeah" and what the hell is "done" in quotation marks for? Are you a member of the Cuban American Alliance? The Cuban Policy Foundation? Free Cuba Foundation? Brothers to the Rescue? I am. And as for me being an "outsider" to the community, I have been thoroughly embraced, welcomed and applauded for my time. I speak Spanish fluently, and can't go to Versailles - (A Cuban restaraunt in Miami known for politicos) without hugging half the people there. The next time I'm talking to Joe Carollo, I'll remind him that I'm not Cuban and that I can't help or understand. He'll die laughing and tell me to get back to work!

The best thing: My first post on this forum, where I joking told you that despite your mouth-cannon, You were all right with me because you're Cuban and I understood the hot temper.

I'd stop this silly squabble but the hard-headed Irishman in me, won't let go.

I'm not going to say it again.

I've learned for every drop of rain that falls
    A flower grows.
    I've learned that somewhere in the darkest night
    A candle glows.
    I've learned for everyone who goes astray
    Someone will come to show the way.
    I've learned ,
    Oh, I've learned .
    I've learned above the storm
    The smallest prayer will still be heard.
    I've learned that someone in that great somewhere
    Hears every word.
    Every time I hear a newborn baby cry,
    Or touch a leaf,
    Or see the sky,
    Then I know why I've learned .
    Every time I hear a newborn baby cry,
    Or touch a leaf,
    Or see the sky,
    Then I know why I've learned .
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

ST00,

The cubans you know in your community understand what you've done for Cubans and can put your good natured ribbing into context. Sifu Abel didn't have that information when you ribbed him. That's why he got angry. You took liberties with him that you really weren't in a postition to take. I think you could be a little more understanding about that.

Sifu Abel,

ST00 obviously spends a lot of time in a Cuban community, works hard on helping Cubans and is married to a Cuban woman. Once he learned that you were Cuban, he probably felt a bit of a kinship with you. You are a member of a group that has embraced him. So he behaved a bit more familiarly with you than you wanted him to. I think you could be a little more understanding about that.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

eulerfan - in typical fashion, a woman is able to provide a refined explanation and mediate.

Eulerfan, mathmatics and mediation, you just keep getting better don't you.
    Abel, didn't you live in Miami for a while, maybe you and ST00 know some of the same people.
    Last edited by norther practitioner; 02-06-2003 at 03:23 PM.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread